Heat Guy J
Heat Guy J (2002–2004) This Science-fiction animé series chronicles the cases and adventures of a young Special Services officer named Daisuke Aurora and his powerful android partner simply named "J." Despite his robotic nature, J has a strict moral code and frequently espouses his personal aphorisms on how "A Man" should behave, while Daisuke affects a laid-back cynical air which conceals his compassionate heroism. Other characters include Kyoko Milchan, the young auditor of the Special Services division and Antonia Belucci, a scientist responsible for maintaining J.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Machi (Guy) [1.1]
- 1.2 Honô (War) [1.2]
- 1.3 Uwasa (Bomb) [1.3]
- 1.4 Kemono (Chaos) [1.4]
- 1.5 Warabe (Doll) [1.5]
- 1.6 Yoku (Money) [1.6]
- 1.7 Kataki (Circulation) [1.7]
- 1.8 Hibiki (Brother) [1.8]
- 1.9 Kizuna (Trust) [1.9]
- 1.10 Tama (Guns) [1.10]
- 1.11 Maboroshi (Mirage) [1.11]
- 1.12 Hikari (Visitor) [1.12]
- 1.13 Geki (Encounter) [1.13]
- 1.14 Tamashî (Arrow) [1.14]
- 1.15 Hana (Target) [1.15]
- 1.16 Riku (Survival) [1.16]
- 1.17 Wakare (Independence) [1.17]
- 1.18 Kokoro (Truth) [1.18]
- 1.19 Omoi (Fake) [1.19]
- 1.20 Tomo (Tears) [1.20]
- 1.21 Shima (Fortress) [1.21]
- 1.22 Chichi (Play) [1.22]
- 1.23 Kurui (Alteration) [1.23]
- 1.24 Yuki (Revolution) [1.24]
- 1.25 Otoko (Guys) [1.25]
- 2 Cast
- 3 External links
Machi (Guy) [1.1]
- [Unwelcome advice]
- J: Daisuke, it's time to get up; A Man should not show signs of pain in front of the enemy.
- Daisuke: If I'm lucky, the rain'll rust your mouth shut!
- [Discussing how J keeps his energy up]
- J: A Man recharges his being by letting his soul float peacefully in the semi-darkness.
- Daisuke: You mean sleeping?
- J: Actually, I was referring to meditation.
Honô (War) [1.2]
- [When J is stripped to his chassis following an explosion]
- Daisuke: Oh I think you look fine just the way you are J, really.
- J: A Man's appearance is a very personal choice.
- [Tenacity vs. boredom]
- Daisuke: It's always the same, J; Same old boring routine!
- J: When a Man starts to question the limits of his endurance, defeat prepares to pounce!
- Daisuke: You mean "Don't complain", right? Easy for you to say, but I'm not a machine.
- J: Then face it like a Man, Daisuke.
- Daisuke: Yeah, yeah, yeah; I'll do my best - starting tomorrow OK?
- J: A self-respecting and honourable Man does his best every day.
Uwasa (Bomb) [1.3]
- [Weight-loss and other superficial concerns]
- J: Antonia, your body-fat percentage has decreased; are you eating regularly?
- Antonia: Yes, nothing to worry about; but I am worried about the damage to your body.
- J: A Man shouldn't worry about his body. Vanity is the fertile soil for the seeds of self-destruction.
- [When making a foolhardy attempt to find a bomb hidden in your office building]
- Daisuke: A Man ought to protect his own home, don't you think?
Kemono (Chaos) [1.4]
- [Finding the right amount of sentimentality]
- Daisuke: J, the stars are all out!
- J: The stars shining in the sky; the legacy of the past guiding you to your destiny.
- Daisuke: The starlight we're seeing now was actually emitted a long time ago, right?
- J: It is dangerous for a Man to be too sentimental, he must accept reality in its own terms.
- Daisuke: Sometimes reality is too harsh, J. A man's gotta enjoy life too.
Warabe (Doll) [1.5]
- [Facing possible oblivion]
- Antonia: J, I'm shutting your power down in 30 seconds.
- J: A good sleep gives a Man great comfort.
- [Male bonding]
- J: A Man must fight for his good and true friend.
- Daisuke: Oh sure, go ahead and pretend like we're good friends now!
- [On being the midwife of destiny]
- Daisuke: Hey J, Check out all the colours in the sunset!
- J: At day's end, a Man will often fall into deep thoughts. However..
- Daisuke: I Know that one; "If you look too deeply into your past, you'll lose sight of the future.", right?
- J: A Man only exists to bring the future into being.
- Daisuke: It's all I can do to get through today.
Yoku (Money) [1.6]
- [Daisuke gets the last word]
- J: A Man should not have to make excuses.
- Daisuke: Augh! Whose side are you on anyway? And let's not forget, you went in first!
- J: You have a point
- [Daisuke is not in the mood for philosophy]
- Daisuke: Hey J, check out the clouds!
- J: When a Man looks up to the sky there is an expectation of hope.
- Daisuke: I just don't like walking around with my head hanging down.
- J: It is in the aesthetics of a Man not to reveal true feelings.
- Daisuke: I don't care about aesthetics, I just want to take a shower.
Kataki (Circulation) [1.7]
- [Losing his pendant causes Daisuke to lose a fight]
- J: A Man must always keep his eye on the enemy. It's absolutely imperative.
- [Then J knocks the pendant down a drain]
- J: Although it was an accident, a Man must take responsibility for actions that are his fault. I am sorry Daisuke.
- [More bonding-through-beating-people-up]
- Boma: So why did you come to help me?
- J: It is because a Man does not desert a friend.
- Boma: A friend?
- [On superstition, and the benefits of keeping an open mind]
- J: A Man who is overly influenced by accepted ideas cannot step into the future.
- Daisuke: I just like to take a detour here and there, that's all.
Hibiki (Brother) [1.8]
- [After rescuing someone from a mugging]
- Daisuke: Tch! Didn't even bother to say thanks!
- J: A Man should never expect to be thanked.
- Daisuke: Yeah-yeah.
- [J fails the Turing test]
- Daisuke: I'm feeling really good!
- J: A good feeling in a Man will often cause him to do things that bring forth a new challenge.
- Daisuke: I'm not in the market for any trouble, you know.
- J: A real Man has a true feeling like this deep in his heart.
- Daisuke: So d'you think you know how I'm feeling right now? Is that what you're trying to say?
- J: A Man shouldn't be too curious unless it's necessary.
Kizuna (Trust) [1.9]
- [After Daisuke gets slapped by Monica's mother for dropping Monica on the floor after yells at daisuke to let go]
- Daisuke: So how did I end up being the bad guy?, i didn't even get a thank you.
- J: If a man has good itentions, he should not expect thanks.
- [Monica smiles at Daisuke]
- J: Words are not the only way for one to express appreciation.
Tama (Guns) [1.10]
Maboroshi (Mirage) [1.11]
Hikari (Visitor) [1.12]
Daisuke: J, find the shortest route. Ahhh, J?
J: This is the shortest route.
Daisuke: You can't really call it a route if you can't actually cross it. Maybe it's best if I stay up here for now.
J: A man shouldn't back away from the fear that lies in front of him.
J: A man should try hard and always do his best at work and never be concerned with what the outcome may be.
Geki (Encounter) [1.13]
Tamashî (Arrow) [1.14]
- Princess: Hatred is something that can be forgiven in time. That is a sign of true human strength.
- Daisuke: i don't know about that, I think if someone can follow their hatred with pure resolve, then that's a sign of true strength as well. It also seems to be a strength that I am yet to possess.
- Daisuke: There's a little thing in this city called "the law". I'm afraid that criminals aren't forgiven.
Hana (Target) [1.15]
Riku (Survival) [1.16]
Wakare (Independence) [1.17]
Kokoro (Truth) [1.18]
Omoi (Fake) [1.19]
Tomo (Tears) [1.20]
Shima (Fortress) [1.21]
Chichi (Play) [1.22]
- Ken Edmundo: (Getting annoyed at Monica) Having money does not mean that you'll live a happy life.
- Monica: Oh yeah! Then how come you can't live happily without it?
Kurui (Alteration) [1.23]
Yuki (Revolution) [1.24]
J: " A man should not speak through words, he should instead speak through his heart so that everyone understands how he feels "
Otoko (Guys) [1.25]
- Soldier: If you go against the laws of the Revelutionary new government you will be deported from Judoh!
- Clair: I'm really sorry, but I made a man promise and I intend to keep this promise even if I have to defend it... (Picks up a grenade.) ... with my life!
J: " A man should find what he searches for on his journey "
- Heat Guy J characters - A list of the main characters at Wikipedia.