(Redirected from Hisbah groups)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Religious police is the police force responsible for the enforcement of religious norms and associated religious laws.
- The police must strongly press on with the 'social security plan' and avoid seasonal and temporary initiatives so that its goals are implemented in society.
- Ali Khamenei, "Iran leader urges police to keep up social vice crackdown". AFP hosted at Google. 7 November 2007.
- In 2001, Afghanistan was a totalitarian nightmare — a land where girls could not go to school, where religious police roamed the streets, where women were publicly whipped, where there were summary executions in Kabul's soccer stadium.
- "President Bush Discusses Progress in Afghanistan, Global War on Terror". News & Policies. Whitehouse.gov (February 15, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-07-07.
- Maybe God isn't the sex police, Richard. Sometimes I think Christians get all hung up on the sex thing because it's easier to worry about sex than to ask yourself, am I a good person? […] It makes it easy to be cruel, because as long as you're not fucking around, nothing you do can be that bad. Is that really all you think of God?
- Iran police in fashion crackdown
- Old Iran... ...Vs. New, July 1998
- Generation ex-communicated September 2002.
- Iranians arrested for net dating March 2003.
- Robert Tait (6 August 2007). "Iranian morals police arrest 230 in raid on 'satanist' rave". The Guardian.