(Redirected from Islamophilia)
- In the United Kingdom Islamophilia runs amok. The July 7 bombings, which killed 55 people, seem to have reinforced the taboo on criticism of Islam.
- Koenraad Elst, . Van Gogh Is Dead. Islam Counts Its Blessings.
- This is what makes people in this country wary of Islam in many of its forms, in one place or another: the centrality and inescapability of religion, the loss of freedom of thought and expression, the harshness of sharia (Islamic law), the patriarchal suppression of women, including their inequality under sharia, the medieval punishments for apostasy, adultery and even theft, the insistence on a cruel form of animal slaughter, the violence and anti-Semitism of many sacred texts, the disinclination to integrate with the host culture and finally one can argue the incompatibility of theocratic Islam with democracy. To find all those things alarming as possibilities is not to be Islamophobic or racist. It is to be reasonable from a western point of view.
- Minette Marrin It's not a phobia – it's rational to fear Islam.
- There are people who regard their next door Muslim as a potential terrorist. That is not good for building community relations.
- Sher Khan, national co-ordinator for the Islam Awareness Week in the United Kingdom in 2001.
- UK Muslims tackle religious ignorance, BBC News Online, 6 November 2001.
- "Islamophobia", the thought-crime that seeks to suppress legitimate criticism of Islam and demonize those who would tell the truth about Islamic aggression.
- Melanie Phillips, Londonistan, pg. xvii (2006).
- But because we live in a liberal democracy and therefore have certain double standards to maintain, any criticism of Islam or of Muslims always draws the immediate accusation of Islamophobia, a dishonest word which seeks to portray legitimate comment as some kind of hate crime.
- We see no colonialism, racism, or so-called "Islamophobia" in submitting Islamic practices to criticism or condemnation when they violate human reason or rights.