Ismail Abdel Salam Ahmed Haniyeh (born 29 January 1963) is a senior political leader of Hamas and formerly one of two disputed Prime Ministers of the Palestinian National Authority. Haniyeh became Prime Minister after Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections of 2006. President Mahmoud Abbas dismissed Haniyeh from office on 14 June 2007 at the height of the Fatah–Hamas conflict, but Haniyeh did not acknowledge the decree and continued to exercise prime ministerial authority in the Gaza Strip.
- The answer is to let Israel say it will recognize a Palestinian state along the 1967 borders, release the prisoners, and recognize the rights of the refugees to return to Palestine. Hamas will have a position if this occurs.
- The underlying problem remains the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and the continuing Israeli assaults against our people.
- We will never recognize the usurper Zionist government and will continue our jihad-like movement until the liberation of Jerusalem.
- You are also continuing the same path that was initiated by Imam Khomeini, since you have always supported the Palestinian people, and I hope that we will meet each other at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in the near future.
- The banks refused to deal with us, and they are still refusing, because of American gang-like actions.