It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
(Redirected from It's A Mad, Mad, Mad ,Mad World)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm coming, Mama! (while he drives as fast as he can to his mama, Ethel Merman)
- Lennie Pike: So lets see, now, I got 1 share for being 1 person, 1 share for going down the hill, 1 share for the truck, and 1 share for being a person in the truck, but no matter how you figure it out, I still don't get as much as anybody else!
- Melville Crump: Let me explain once more. [Points pen at J. Russell Finch, Mrs. Marcus, and Emmeline Marcus-Finch] Them, their group, they, those 3, they get $112,000. [Points pen at Dingy Bell and Benjy Benjamin] Those over there, them, they get $97,000. [Points pen at himself and Monica] We, we, us they get $84,000. [Points pen at Pike] And you, by yourself, you get $56,000, alone, and that's tax free money.
- Lennie Pike: What do you mean "tax free"?
- Culpeper: I don't think you have to worry about that. My wife is divorcing me; my mother in-law is suing me for damages; my daughter is petitioning the court to get her name changed; my pension has been revoked, and the ONLY reason, that you ten idiots will very likely get off lightly, is because the judge will have me up there.....to throw the book at!
- It's The Biggest Entertainment Ever To Rock The Screen With Laughter!
- If ever this mad, mad, mad, mad world needed "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world" it's now! (1970 reissue)
- Everybody who's ever been funny is in it!
- Spencer Tracy - Captain T. G. Culpepper
- Milton Berle - J. Russell Finch
- Sid Caesar - Melville Crump
- Edie Adams - Crump's wife, Monica
- Ethel Merman - Mrs. Marcus
- Jonathan Winters - Lennie Pike
- Mickey Rooney - Dingy Bell
- Buddy Hackett - Benjy Benjamin
- Phil Silvers - Otto Meyer
- Dorothy Provine - Emmeline Marcus-Finch
- Dick Shawn - Sylvester Marcus
- Terry-Thomas - Mr. Hawthorne