Jack Thompson (attorney)
(Redirected from Jack Thompson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Bruce "Jack" Thompson (born July 25, 1951) is an American activist who was an American attorney often cited in the media for his extreme views on the effects of obscenity and violence in popular media.
|This article about an activist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You just watch. There is going to be a Columbine-times-10 incident, and everyone will finally get it. Either that, or some video gamer is going to go Columbine at some video game exec's expense or at E3, and then the industry will begin to realize that there is no place to hide, that it has trained a nation of Manchurian Children.
- William Vitka (2005-02-25). "GameSpeak: Jack Thompson". CBS News.
- This is not rocket science. When a kid who has never killed anyone in his life goes on a rampage and looks like the Terminator, he's a video gamer.
- Winda Benedetti (2007-04-20). "Were video games to blame for massacre?". MSNBC. Retrieved on 2014-11-18.
- Grand Theft Auto IV is the gravest assault upon children in this country since polio. We now have vaccines for that virus... The 'vaccine' that must be administered by the United States government to deal with this virtual virus of violence and sexual depravity is criminal prosecutions of those who have conspired to do this.
- Letter to US Attorney R. Alexander Acosta, quoted in Ben Kuchera (2008-04-28). "GTA IV sex video gives Thompson, other critics fresh ammo". Ars Technica. Retrieved on 2014-11-18.
Quotes about Jack Thompson
- I'm only interested in virile men. That's why I'm not attracted to you.
- Janet Reno, quoted on "The Virtue Vigilante", Nightline, 2006-12-13
- in response to Thompson, her opponent for prosecutor, handing her a letter at a campaign event that asked her to check a box indicating whether she was homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual