Lars and the Real Girl
(Redirected from Lars and the real girl)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- They're not real, so they last forever. Isn't that neat?
- That is just not true! God! Every person in this town bends over backward to make Bianca feel at home. Why do you think she has so many places to go and so much to do? Huh? Huh? Because of you! Because all these people love you! We push her wheelchair. We drive her to work. We drive her home. We wash her. We dress her. We get her up, and put her to bed. We carry her. And she is not petite, Lars. Bianca is a big, big girl! None of this is easy—for any of us—but we do it... Oh! We do it for you! So don't you dare tell me how we don't care.
- Sometimes I get so lonely I forget what day it is, and how to spell my name.
- Lars: I was talking to Bianca, and she was saying that in her culture they have these rites of passages and rituals and ceremonies, and just all kinds of things that, when you do them, go through them, let you know that you're an adult. Doesn't that sound great?
- Gus: It does.
- Lars: How'd you know?
- Gus: How'd I know what?
- Lars: That you were a man.
- Gus: Ahhh. I couldn't tell ya.
- Lars: Was it... Okay, was it sex?
- Gus: Um. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's uh, yeah, yeah it's kind of— it's, uh— No. Well, it's kind of sex but it's not, uh, you know? I don't know. I don't know. It's— uh... good question, good question.
- Lars: Yeah, but I have to know.
- Gus: [the dryer buzzes] Hold that thought. [goes into the basement, Lars follows] You know, you should ask Dagmar.
- Lars: I did ask Dagmar. And she said that I should ask you.
- Gus: Okay, you know I can only give you my opinion.
- Lars: That's what we want.
- Gus: Well, it's not like you're one thing or the other, okay? There's still a kid inside but you grow up when you decide to do right, okay, and not what's right for you, what's right for everybody, even when it hurts.
- Lars: Okay, like what?
- Gus: Like, you know, like, you don't jerk people around, you know, and you don't cheat on your woman, and you take care of your family, you know, and you admit when you're wrong, or you try to, anyways. That's all I can think of, you know. It sounds like it's easy and for some reason it's not.
- Hazel: Well, that's how life is, Lars.
- Mrs. Gruner: Everything at once.
- Sally: We brought casseroles.
- Lars: Thank you. [looks around the sewing circle. The three ladies are knitting and doing needlepoint] Um, is there something I should be doing right now?
- Mrs. Gruner: No, dear. You eat.
- Sally: We came over to sit.
- Hazel: That's what people do when tragedy strikes.
- Sally: They come over, and sit.
- Ryan Gosling - Lars Lindstrom
- Emily Mortimer - Karin Lindstrom
- Paul Schneider - Gus Lindstrom
- Kelli Garner - Margo
- Patricia Clarkson - Dagmar