Massinissa Akandouch (Full name: Massinissa n Dadi Akandouch Aouattah Bouyfruri, //; Tifinagh: ⵎⴰⵙⵙⵉⵏⵉⵙⵙⴰ; born 8 November 2001) is an indigenous socialite, human rights activist, climate activist, journalist and member of the Amazigh Tribes of the Rif. The activist is known for defending the freedom, rights, cultural and historical heritage of the Imazighen people of North Africa.
- Repression against the Amazigh people is still very much alive and is very likely to worsen, given that most North African countries are controlled by authoritarian monarchies and governments, where there is little room for social change and much less cultural change. (Original quote in Catalan).
- September 9, 2020 Massinissa Akandouch's Op-ed at Núvol.com Magazine.
- The Hirak Rif Movement has half of its activists in prison and the other half is constantly threatened. The whole area has been militarized for a long time as if it were a country at war. The entire Riffian population has been criminalized and virtually ignored by the international community. In Morocco, the basic human rights of Riffian activists and Riffian political prisoners are constantly being violated, and even people who have the privilege of living in other countries can't fully speak their minds in order to avoid repression from the Moroccan regime. (Original quote in Catalan).
- June 25th, 2020 Massinissa Akandouch's Op-ed at Núvol.com Magazine.
- Pop culture is our greatest way to liberation.
- September 29, 2019. Massinissa Akandouch's's Twitter account, pinned Tweet.
- No matter how young you are, stand up, and speak up. Take action before it’s too late! We are the last generation with a chance to solve this broken world, so let’s all do it together!
- It seems like in this beautiful planet we live in, everything has a place, but our generation is in a grey area where no one can assure us that we’ll be safe in a couple of years. We have been forced to fight for real climate action because we are the ones that will lose the most.
- April 30, 2020. Interview for UNILAD article.
- With everything that Palestine has been through and continues to go through, their smiles never go away. Your joy and freedom is their biggest fear, never forget that. The world is watching you and we are proud of you. Free Palestine, always.
- May 17, 2021. Comments on Palestinian-Israeli conflict.