Jump to navigation Jump to search
Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1949) is an American actor, three-time Emmy Award winner, writer, television producer, and comedian, most famous for playing Cosmo Kramer on the television show Seinfeld, which aired from 1989 to 1998 on NBC.
- For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry. … I'm not a racist, that's what's so insane about this!
- Appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman (20 November 2006), as quoted in "'Kramer' Apologizes, Says He's Not Racist", CBS News (21 November 2006)
Laugh Factory incident (2006)
- Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside-down with a fucking fork up your ass!
- They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger?
- You can talk! You can talk! You can talk! You're brave now, motherfucker! Throw his ass out! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger! Ooh! Ooh! All right, ya see? It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers!
- Well, you interrupted me, pal. That's what happens when you interrupt the white man, don't you know?
- Cracker-ass? Are you calling me cracker-ass, nigga?!
- He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger!
- What was uncalled for? It is uncalled for you to interrupt my ass you cheap motherfucker!
- - responding to the heckler saying "That was uncalled for"
- What's the matter, too much for you to handle?"
- Ohh, I guess you got me there. He's absolutely right. I'm just a wash up. Gotta stand on the stage.
- - responding to the heckler saying "You're not funny! You're a reject! You never had no shows! You never had no movies! 'Seinfeld' that's it!"