- 1 Episodes
- 1.1 I'm Luffy! The Man Who Will Become Pirate King 
- 1.2 The Great Swordsman Appears! Pirate Hunter, Roronoa Zoro 
- 1.3 Morgan vs. Luffy! Who is This Beautiful Young Girl? 
- 1.4 Luffy's Past! The Red-Haired Shanks Appears! 
- 1.5 Fear, Mysterious Power! Pirate Clown Captain Buggy! 
- 1.6 Desperate Situation! Beast Tamer Mohji vs. Luffy! 
- 1.7 Grand Duel! Zoro the Swordsman vs. Cabaji the Acrobat! 
- 1.8 Show Down Between the True Powers of the Devil 
- 2 Single Quote (Serious)
- 3 Dialogue (Serious)
- 4 Dialogue (Comedic)
- 5 Narrator
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
I'm Luffy! The Man Who Will Become Pirate King 
Monkey D. Luffy: Well, ya see... I'm gonna be the Pirate King!!!
Monkey D. Luffy: I decided long ago that I'm going to be King of the Pirates... if I have to die fighting for that, then at least I died trying. I'm the man who'll become the pirate king and I will , his precious attacks (gomu gomu no .........bazooka,pistol,fuusen etc)
The Great Swordsman Appears! Pirate Hunter, Roronoa Zoro 
- Captain Morgan: (on Rika to a Navy Lieutenant) You are a Lieutenant in the Navy aren't you? And I--a Captain--am your superior officer, am I not? Then you are duty-bound to obey me!! If I say kill her, then you will kill her!!
- Captain Morgan: My rank is the highest on this base... which makes me superior to everyone else here... that means everything I do is right!!!
Morgan vs. Luffy! Who is This Beautiful Young Girl? 
Roronoa Zoro: I'm going to be the world's greatest swordsman! All I have left is my destiny! My name may be infamous...... but it's gonna shake the world!!!
Monkey D. Luffy: The world's greatest swordsman, that's great! And it's fitting since your new boss is going to be King of the Pirates! Anything else would make me look bad!
Koby: But the two of you... you taught me to fight for what I believe in!!!!
Luffy's Past! The Red-Haired Shanks Appears! 
Shanks: Now that you've drawn your pistol, are you willing to use it? Pistols aren't for threats they're for actions.
Shanks, on getting his arm bitten off: (to Luffy) It isn't worth much, it's just one arm. I'm glad you're safe.
Monkey D. Luffy: I'll gather my own crew that'll beat yours and find the world's greatest treasure! No matter what, I will become the Pirate King!
Shanks: (to Luffy) Keep this hat safe for me?
Fear, Mysterious Power! Pirate Clown Captain Buggy! 
Nami: I've got to get a hundred million beri!! Then I'm going to buy a certain village!!
Monkey D. Luffy: (to Nami) That's what you get...... for going up against pirates unprepared! It [being "prepared"]] means being prepared to risk your own life!!
Desperate Situation! Beast Tamer Mohji vs. Luffy! 
- Roronoa Zoro: I do things my own way! So don't give me any lip about it!
- Monkey D. Luffy: It's too late for apologies... They won't bring that dog's treasure back! That's why I came...... to clobber you!
- Buggy The Clown: (when Nami attempts to kill him before he can get a crew and pillage some town) You don't stand a chance against me!
- Monkey D. Luffy: We're headed for the "Grand Line!" We'll steal that map back, and then we can go there together!
And they lived happily ever after.
Grand Duel! Zoro the Swordsman vs. Cabaji the Acrobat! 
- (Luffy just knocked out Mayor Boodle)
Nami: Who's side are you on!? Why'd you do that to the Mayor!?
Monkey D. Luffy: He was in the way!!!
- Roronoa Zoro: (after cutting himself) Is that enough of a handicap for you? Now I'll show you some real swordplay.
- Cabaji: So you've injured yourself as insurance for your reputation... Well don't worry... Your wounds are severe. They'll make an excellent excuse when you lose.
Roronoa Zoro: It's the other way around!! If I lose to the likes of you when my wounds are only this light... then I may as well give up my dream right now.
- Nami: Whether you guys win or lose this battle... I don't really care! But if you do get that map from Buggy... then--and only then--will I consider teaming up with you again...
- Cabaji: You're tired? Heh heh heh... What's wrong? Anemic? So you've finally given up! Well, I'm not surprised... It's amazing you can still stand in your condition.
(Zoro kicks over Cabaji's unicycle)
Zoro: You've got it wrong. What I'm tired of... are your stupid circus tricks!!!
- Cabaji: Ggh...! How could these common thieves have beaten us? We're the pirate Buggy gang--the scourge of the seas!! How could things have gone this far...?
Roronoa Zoro: We're not common thieves... We're pirates!
- Captain Buggy: A couple of lily-livered no-name pirates like you won't last a day in the Grand Line!! What do you plan to do there!? Go sight-seeing!?
Monkey D. Luffy: I'm gonna be the King of the Pirates.
Show Down Between the True Powers of the Devil 
- (Roronoa Zoro just woke up from his sleep after fighting Cabaji)
Zoro: Oh crap I'm going to faint! I can't move!
Nami: Of course. If you could move, you guys wouldn't be human.
Luffy: Why was I included?
Nami: YOU are the strangest of them all!(mad)
Single Quote (Serious)
- Mihawk: It will be more than adequate after all you wouldn't kill a fly with a cannon would you?
- Zoro: I will... I will never... LOSE AGAIN! Until I defeat him [Mihawk] and become the world's greatest swordsman, I'll never be defeated by anyone! (ep. 24)
- Luffy: DYING IS NOT REPAYING A DEBT!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAVED YOU FOR!!! ONLY WEAK MEN WOULD DIE AFTER SOMEONE SPARED THEIR LIVES!!!
- Luffy: DON'T YOU DARE MAKE MY NAVIGATOR CRY!!!!
- Zoro: There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away! (ep. 39)
- Zoro (Thinking): A wound that'd make an ordinary man unconscious... I won't lose to it. [...] A wound that would kill an ordinary person... I won't lose to it! [...] To face one who is extraordinary, Hawk Eyes... I can't allow myself to be ordinary! (ep. 39)
- Usopp (Thinking): When I left Syrup Village, I left everything behind! Tranquility... Safety... They face hardships every day, and they laugh like they're really having fun! That's why I decided to go out to sea!! I want to laugh 'til I cry, too! But if I don't fight with everything I've got, there's no way I deserve to be on the same boat as them! There's no way I can laugh with them!!
- Luffy: I don't give a crap about how great you Fishmen are... or what happens to your stupid maps! I may not understand the story around this... But now, I know what I've gotta do to help her! [...] It's this room. I can't let it exist. This room she doesn't want to be in. I'LL DESTROY IT ALL.
- Luffy: NAMI!!! YOU ARE MY NAKAMA!!!
- Zoro: Well, how about this. My "luck" versus this thing's "curse"... wanna see what's stronger...? If I lose, then I'm just that much of a man anyways...
- Smoker (thinking, about Luffy): Why did he smile...? Why? Did he know he would be saved? No. In that instant, he must have understood that his life was going to end. Death. He accepted it. He was fully prepared for it and smiled.
- Luffy: It doesn't matter if you're a king or god. It doesn't matter who's great and who's not great. After all, I'm a pirate!
(Context: Luffy says this to Wapol before taking him out in their last battle.)
- Luffy: You think risking your own life is enough? Try risking our lives along with yours! WE'RE YOUR FRIENDS!
- Sanji: Hey, this is the Shitty Restaurant... would you like to make a reservation?
(Context: Sanji first says this when answering a call from Crocodile on Little Garden, pretending to be Mr. 3, and says it again when calling Crocodile in Alabasta.)
- King Nefertari Cobra: We are not the ones who must be protected! It is the people of this country. Never Forget. A country is it's people.
- Narrator: The wishes of the despairing people are being crushed beneath the dry cloud of sand. Those seeking hope, and those trying to keep hope alive. Their intentions missed each other, and in the confusion, the curtain of history has been drawn on a tragic climax. Those who are trying to stop the battle, those who are trying to prolong the battle, the force of their resolves has gathered in Alaburna. Will Alabasta fall to ruin? Or will it attain a lasting peace? The Godness of destiny is counting down the seconds to the end.
- Narrator: And so.. a battle that would be written down in history and a battle that would be never be spoken of again finally ended.
(Context: The war in Alabasta comes to an end.)
- Vivi: I've had a little adventure. It was a journey in search of "despair", crossing dark seas... The ocean I saw away from home was enormous... There are many islands out there, so powerful it is hard to believe. I saw animals I've never seen before... sights I'd never imagined in my dreams. The music of the waves was sometimes quiet, flowing calmly to wrap up little troubles, sometimes loud, laughter that tore weak feelings to shreds... and in that black, black storm, I met a small little boat... the boat got behind me and pushed me onwards, saying, "Can't you see the light?" That mysterious little ship that could not lose its way in the darkness rode the waves as if dancing over them. It never disobeyed the sea, yet the bow kept pointing forward... even through headwinds... and it pointed a finger. "Look, there is the light." ...history will probably call this an illusion, however. It is truth to me. And then...
- (Vivi starts speaking with the Straw Hats)
- Vivi: EVERYONE!!! I'm here!!! To say goodbye!!! I... I CANNOT GO WITH YOU!!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!! I WANT TO GO ADVENTURING WITH YOU SOME MORE, BUT I CAN'T!! BECAUSE... I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!! ...THAT'S WHY I CAN'T COME ALONG!!! ...I WILL STAY HERE...!!! BUT IF WE EVER MEET AGAIN-!!! WILL YOU CALL ME A FRIEND ONCE MORE?!!!
- Bon Clay: One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a HUMAN! All friends must scatter into the sky of truth, and blossom!, OKAMA WAY! - by Bon Clay. Scatter upon the water's surface and grow where you may, my fellow blossoms.
- Bellamy: Listen up! The age where pirates dream is OVER! The City of Gold? The Emerald City? The great treasure, One Piece!? Fools with their eyes on dream treasures don't notice the REAL treasure all around them! In this era of the sea, the very men who are able to cross it all die chasing after illusions like those! And what do they say about those men? "He always lived happily for the sake of his dream!" The words of a loser! Looking at dream-chasing idiots like you ... really makes my stomach turn! It's because of weaklings like you that the rest of us real pirates get a bad reputation.
- Cricket: KID!! This is where we part ways!! BUT- Here's one thing you can count on...!! In the past, not ONE person has EVER proved that the city of gold and islands in the sky don't exist!!! People may laugh at you for such a silly reason, But who cares?! THAT IS TRUE ROMANCE!!!!
- Luffy: That's not gonna work on me, dumbass! And quit calling yourself god!! What kind of god destroys EVERYTHING and saves NOTHING?!?! FAAKE!!
- Narrator: The sound of the bell... The pride of a lost city... The Flame of Shandra. Announcing the end of hostilities... The Song of the Island. Ringing after 400 years of silence... The Bell of Promise. This sleeping island's journey has been long, but memories of the distant past are hard to forget. Once, humans gave words to the ringing of the bell. Proud, strong words in a song to reach the far corners of the ocean. "WE ARE RIGHT HERE."
(Context: Luffy rings the Golden Bell of Shandra, representing many things in the land of Skypiea.)
- Franky: Aren't you the one being hurt? The government says your existence is a crime, but no matter what kind of weapons you may hold, just being alive isn't a sin! THERE'S NO CRIME IN LIVING!!!
- Robin: When all I want is to learn of a history, there are too many enemies within my dream.
- Shanks: Listen up... You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me... You can even spit on me. I'll just laugh that stuff off. But... Good reason or not... Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!
- Zoro: (to Luffy) This is what it means to be captain, you can't doubt yourself. In times like these if you lose your confidence, then who can we have faith in?
- Gorosei (after ordering professor Clover shot):"Ohara has...learned too much. Give the order to attack. You musn't let anyone escape.
- Gorosei (ten gigantic military warships meanwhile attack the defensless Island of Ohara):
Commencing the Buster Call.All ships start the attack. Target evrything on the Island of Archaeology ,Ohara. The research done by Ohara's scholars has exceeded our expectations. That knowledge could be passed on. We must not let the exposure be anywhere but on this island. Completely obliterate the demons living in Ohara. In the name of Justice!
- Admiral Akainu (as Vice Admiral Sakazuki) (after ordering the blowing up of an evacuation ship with inocent civilists and fellow marines) :If we're doing this, better do it thoroughly. If, by any chance, even a single scholar was hiding on that ship, every single sacrifice made today would have been wasted. Evil must be completely eradicated!
- Franky: (to Robin) They say your very existence is a crime, but no matter what weapon you hold that alone is never a crime. IT'S NEVER A CRIME TO EXIST.
- Sanji: (After defeating Jyabura) Food is a gift from God. Spices are a gift from the devil. Looks like it was too spicy for you.
- Luffy: Gomu Gomu no... JET GATLING!
- Robin: Before the heart of truth, there is no need for words.
- Donquixote Doflamingo: Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!
(Context: Doflamingo explains the ramifications of the war between Whitebeard and the World Government, and why it excites him so much.)
- Zoro: IF I CAN'T EVEN PROTECT MY CAPTAIN'S DREAM, THEN WHATEVER AMBITION I HAVE IS NOTHING BUT JUST TALK!!! LUFFY... MUST BE THE MAN WHO BECOMES THE PIRATE KING!!
- Usopp: There is a time when a man will not run from a fight.That time is when his nakama, when his nakama's dreams are laughed at.
- Gol D. Roger: Inherited will,the destiny of the age and dreams of its people,these will not be stopped, as long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, they will never cease to be!
- Marshall D. Teach:This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?!
- Sanji: Men who can't wipe away the tears from women's eyes aren't real men.
- Zoro: When the world shoves you around, you've just gotta stand up and shove back. It isn't like you can do anything just by giving excuses. If I die, then I am just a man who can only make it this far.
- Whitebeard: I am only one man with one heart...Call me a demon, call me a monster...but I can't be the strongest forever!!!
- Zoro: I'll get strong, stronger than she[Kuina] ever was, you hear me! Strong enough that my name reaches up to the heavens! I am going to be the world's greatest swordsman. I promised her... I promised.. I did...
- Luffy: So you won't be coming back to this village after this voyage?
- Shanks: That's right. We've been using this harbor as a base of operations for a long time. Maybe too long. Are you sad?
- Luffy: Yeah, I'm sad... But I won't ask you to take me with you! I've decided to become a pirate on my own!
- Shanks: It wouldn't do you any good. You're still too little! There's no way you can become a pirate!
- Luffy: Oh yes I will!!! One day I'll have a ship and crew better than yours!! And we'll have the biggest hoard of treasure in the world!! I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!
- Shanks: Hmm... You're gonna be better than us, huh? ... Well then... Do me a favor... Keep this hat safe for me?
- Luffy: !
- Shanks: This hat means a lot to me.
- Luffy: ...!!
- Shanks: Promise that you'll give it back to me someday... When you've become a great pirate.
- Benn Beckman: That kid's gonna make something of himself.
- Shanks: Yeah... He acts just like I did when I was a kid. Weigh the anchor! Raise the sails! We're off with the tide!!
(Context: When Luffy was young, he declares his intentions to become Pirate King to Shanks and receives his hat before Shanks leaves Fuschia Village for good.)
- Kuina: When girls get older, they become weaker than the boys. Pretty soon you'll all be stronger than me. Zoro, you're always saying... That you're going to become the world's greatest swordsman... Dad says that girls can't be master swordsmen...
- Zoro: ...
- Kuina: You're lucky you're a boy, Zoro... I wanna become the world's greatest swordsman too!! But I'm starting to get breasts... I wish I was a boy...
- Zoro: What are you crying about! You beat me!! That's not fair! Beating you is my dream!
- Kuina: Zoro...
- Zoro: Someday I'll beat you because I worked hard, not because you got weaker!! It's got nothing to do with being a boy or a girl!! I'm training all the time to beat you! You're making me look bad! Let's make a promise to each other! Someday, one of us will become the greatest swordsman ever!! We'll fight each other for the title!
- Kuina: You idiot! You're too puny! It's a promise!
(Context: Zoro as a child and Kuina promise to become the strongest swordsmen in the world.)
- Mihawk: You are defeated yet you will not step back, why not?
- Zoro: I don't know, but I will not run. If I retreat a single step, I would be shattering the promises I made, I would lose my honor. You see, without that there would be nothing left for me.
- Mihawk: Yes, that's what defeat is.
- Zoro: Then I won't accept defeat.
- Mihawk: Then you'll die.
- Zoro: I'd rather die than give up.
(Context: Zoro is stabbed by Mihawk but refuses to step back)
- Nami: What do you want...?! You don't even know what's going on...!!!
- Luffy: Nope. I don't.
- Nami: This doesn't have anything to do with you...!! Didn't I tell you...?! To get off the island?!! *sob*...
- Luffy: Yeah, you told me.
- Nami: GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO AWAY... Go away... Go away...
- Luffy: ...
- Nami: Luffy... Help me...
- (Luffy inhales deeply and yells...)
- Luffy: DAMN RIGHT!!!!!
(Context: Luffy sees Nami in despair over Arlong.)
- (Close up of Zoro)
- Luffy: Of course I don't know anything about swords, you moron!
- (Close up of Nami)
- Luffy: I can't navigate!
- (Close up of Sanji)
- Luffy: I can't cook!
- (Close up of Usopp)
- Luffy: I can't even lie!
- Usopp: Oi.
- Luffy: I know I need friends to help me if I want to get ahead in life!
(Context: Luffy explains to Arlong why his friends are important to him.)
- Arlong: DRAWING MAPS HERE IS THE GREATEST PARADISE NAMI COULD HAVE!!! THANKS TO MY AMBITION!!! ONCE WE HAVE THE ENTIRE WORLD MAPPED OUT, WE FISHMEN WILL BE INVINCIBLE!!! THE WORLD WILL BE MINE!!! And my foothold will have been this island, in "East Blue"!!!
- Luffy: Wow...
- Arlong: COULD YOU POSSIBLY USE HER THIS EFFICIENTLY?!
- (Luffy grabs Arlong's sword, the Kiribachi)
- Arlong (Thinking): What...? I can't move... the Kiribachi anymore...!!!
- Luffy: USE?!
- (Luffy breaks the Kiribachi)
- Arlong: My Kiribachi...!!!
- Luffy: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER AS?!
(Context: Arlong explains why Nami deserves to be on his crew.)
- Mr. 3: So, can you tell where I am...? Bwahahahahaha!! It seems like this was all our accomplices fault. We are the most intelligent combo in Baroque Works. A POWER IDIOT like yourself, who only acts on instinct, could never capture us... I am Mr. 3...!!! I will carry out my given orders to the letter... Mwahahahahahahaha!! Step on in!!! The moment you TURN YOUR BACK to me, I'll pierce right through your HEART!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
- Luffy: Gomu Gomu no... STAMP!
- (Luffy hits the real Mr. 3.)
- Mr. 3: WHAT?!!! How... did you know... I was...?!!
- Luffy: Instinct.
(Context: Mr. 3 uses his powers to create several wax statues of himself so Luffy won't know where he is, but Luffy finds him anyway.)
- Dr. Hiruluk: Yo. When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It's when... they are forgotten. Even after I'm gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured. Why are you crying, Dalton?
- Dalton: Do you think... a country is the same?
- Dr. Hiruluk: If the will is inherited
- Wapol: Oi, oi, Dalton! What the hell are you crying about?
- Dr. Hiruluk: A monster will be coming here soon. He's my son. Don't touch him. (thinking) Don't worry Chopper. Your mushroom won't kill me. (speaking) This has truely been a wonderful life! Thank you, Chopper!
- (Dr. Hiruluk blows himself up.)
(Context: Dr. Hiruluk gives his death speech in front of Wapol's firing squad, making sure he isn't killed either by Wapol or Chopper accidentally poisoning him.)
- Dolton: I have seen the future of this country. and it is destruction. As long as we remain here, this country can never be cured. No matter how far our medical technology progresses! No matter how far we research and practice medicine! because there is no medicine for stupidity.
(Context: Dolton speaking on the Capitalization of Healthcare by Wapol, after Hiluluk's death)
- Crocodile: YOU'RE JUST SOME KID WHO SHOWED UP OUT OF NOWHERE...!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!!
- Luffy: I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!!! I WILL SURPASS YOU!!!!
(Context: Luffy and Crocodile banter just before Luffy sets up his final attack)
(Context: Dialogue before Luffy uses Gomu Gomu no Storm, with Cobra remarking Luffy's strength.)
- Crocodile: I'll destroy you along with this temple! Sables... Pesado!
(Crocodile throws a dense ball of sand, causing a massive shockwave. Luffy then inflates himself, launching himself at Crocodile.)
- Luffy: Gomu Gomu no...
- Crocodile: Desert...
- Luffy: STORM!
- Crocodile: LA SPADA!
- Cobra: Incredible! There's nothing but sheer bedrock between the suface and this room!
(La Spada fails, and Crocodile gets blown through the ceiling.)
- Bellamy: I gotta ask you... Can you fight? Do you know how to throw a punch!? What's a coward like you gonna do to me?
(Bellamy and Luffy argue for a bit, after which Bellamy knocks Luffy around some. Then, Bellamy uses his strongest attack, Spring Hopper.)
- Bellamy: (bouncing wildly all over the place, while Luffy just stands there) Those guys are your FRIENDS!? Oh I see. That old man and his monkeys are the same species as you! A pack of idiots who believe the lies of some 400-year-old ancestor! What City of Gold? What Sky Island? THE ERA OF DREAMS IS OVER! YOU'RE A DISGRACE OF A PIRATE!
(As Bellamy says "THE ERA OF DREAMS IS OVER!", Luffy's calm expression changes to an angry one.)
- Luffy: (raising his fist) You asked if I know how to throw a punch... (He cracks his knuckles)
- Sarquiss: Finish him off, Bellamy! Fools like him don't have the right to live in reality!
- Bellamy: (charging towards Luffy) FAREWELL, STRAW-HAT!
(Luffy stands there, then as Bellamy gets near Luffy punches him downwards in the face with all of his might, sending Bellamy crashing to the ground, where he lies still, a huge dent in his face from the impact of Luffy's fist.) (Context: Luffy and Bellamy fight after Bellamy steals gold from some of Luffy's friends.)
- Calgara: NORLAND!!!!
- Norland: Calgara...
- Calgara: COME AGAIN!!! WE WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU!! WE WILL CONTINUE RINGING THIS BELL FOR YOU!!! We will always be here...!! SO THAT YOUR SHIP WILL NOT GET LOST WHEN YOU COME AGAIN!!! SO THAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THIS ISLAND, EVEN IN A STORM!!! WE WILL RING THE BELL AND WAIT FOR YOU!!!! WE WILL MEET AGAIN!!! MY FRIEND!!!!
- Sailors: Commodore! Commodore!!
- Norland: ...can we come back...? ...we will... we will return!!! WE WILL MEET AGAIN SOMEDAY!!!!
(Context: Monteblanc Norland leaves ancient Jaya and his friend Calgara says that they will meet again.)
- Enel: YA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
- Nami: What...did you do?
- Enel: I was teasing the angels a little.
- Luffy: So being God...means you can take anything you want!?
- Enel: That's right! Life and Earth belong to me. Now,I shall take your life as well.
- Luffy: You jerk!
(Context:Enel shoots lightning down to Skypeia and claims he is only just playing around with the angels,making Luffy angry.)
- Luffy: I've decided to change ship! Going Merry helped us a lot, but its sailing days will end right here. Let's talk about which ship to buy. Most of the second hand ships we can buy are bigger than ours-
- Usopp: Hold on, hold on. Don't joke around...!! It's not funny at all!! Do we not have enough money to repair the ship anymore... because I lost the 200 million!? We just don't have enough money, right? Since the world-class shipyard probably charges world-class prices...
- Luffy: No, that's not it!!
- Usopp: Then what is it?! Tell me! Don't worry about hurting my feelings!!
- Luffy: I don't!! It has nothing to do with the money!!
- Usopp: Then why do you say such nonsense about changing the ship!!?
- Zoro: Stop yelling, you two. Sit down and talk calmly.
- Usopp: Calm!? How can I be calm after hearing such stupid things!!?
- Nami: We only decided on that because we have no other choice!
- Luffy: You should calm down and listen instead of yelling!!
- Chopper: Usopp, you shouldn't do any intense movement with your current condition!!
- Luffy: MERRY IS... GOING TO DIE!!!
- Usopp: !!!?
- Luffy: No one can fix it no matter what. I would never make that decision otherwise!
- Usopp: But this ship... it took us all the way here, didn't it?
- Luffy: Yeah, but now it's only a matter of time before it sinks!!
- Usopp: ...What are you talking about... Luffy?
- Luffy: I'm not kidding, it's the truth! The ship-mechanic guy said we won't get to the next island with this ship no matter what!
- Usopp: Ah... he said you can't get to the next island... do you always listen to strangers and trust everything they say?
- Luffy: What?!
- Usopp: JUST BECAUSE A FEW CARPENTERS SAY IT CAN'T BE SAVED, IT'S GOING TO DIE? IT CAME ALL THIS WAY WITH US... BE IT GIANT WAVES OR DEADLY SEA-BATTLE, THIS SHIP IS A FRIEND THAT CAME THROUGH IT ALL WITH US!!! YET YOU'RE GOING TO... LEAVE IT HERE TO DIE!!!
(Context: Luffy and Usopp argue over the fate of their ship, the Going Merry.)
- Luffy: You came without fear. Don't have any regrets, no matter what happens. This is the duel you wanted.
- Usopp: Of course. Come at me with everything you have. I'll defeat you. I've already planned how I should defeat you.
- Chopper: Can't we stop it? Usopp's badly injured.
- Zoro: If you can't watch it, go inside.
- Usopp: Don't mistake me for another enemy who doesn't know your strength. Luffy, we've been together for a long time. I'm quite familiar with your abilities. Don't be surprised to hear this. I've got 8000 followers! Give up now if you wanna live!
(Context: Luffy and Usopp prepare to fight each other.)
- Spandam: Cutty Flam, you called yourself...?! We even caught you at the scene of the crime, on your ships!! And weren't they all created by your company, originally?!
- Franky: No ship that does... stuff like that... IS ANY SHIP OF MINE!!!
- (Tom breaks out of his manacles and hits Franky)
- People: AAAAH!!! Tom broke his manacles!!!
- Navymen: Guns at the ready!!!
- Iceburg: That's the first time... Tom ever hit Franky!!!
- Franky: What'd you do that for?!!
- Tom: "Not your ship," Franky?!!
- Franky: What's wrong with saying that?!! I regret them, now!!! If I hadn't made those ships, nobody would have gotten hurt!!!
- Tom: No matter what kind... of ship you choose to create, there lies no "good" or "evil" in it...!! I don't care what you want to make in the future!! ... But, no matter who the ship you made hurts!! No matter how much ruin it brings to the world...!!! The father of that ship must love it as no one else does!!! The father of that ship must not deny it is his!!! Don't blame the ship!! A MAN MUST BE PROUD OF THE SHIPS HE BUILDS!!!!
(Context: After Spandam steals the ships of a young Franky and attacks a government ship, framing him for it, Franky regrets that he ever made those ships.)
- Luffy: (smiling) That's no good!
- Blueno: Hmm?
- Luffy: If I stay like this...
- Luffy: It's no good.
- Luffy: When I lost to Aokiji, I thought about it.
- Luffy: If strong guys like this are going to appear once again on our road, if I don't get stronger...
- Luffy: I won't be able to protect my crew.
- Luffy: That's because even if they aren't strong, I have dear friends that I want to keep with me.
- Luffy: If I don't get stronger than anyone else, I'll lose them all!
- Blueno: Then what will you do?
- Luffy: I thought about a way to fight at my fullest.
- Luffy: So that I don't lose anyone...
- Luffy: So that I don't let anyone drift away...
- Blueno: What is he doing?
- Blueno: What's happening inside of his body?
- Luffy: You won't be able...
- Luffy: ...to keep up with me any more.
- Blueno: What?
- Luffy: All of my techniques...
- Luffy: ...are going to evolve by one step!
- Luffy: Gear...
- Luffy: ...Second!
(Context: Luffy activates his first power-up, Gear Second, when fighting Blueno of CP9.)
- Luffy: Please, Robin...!!! Whether you want to live or die... I don't care about what you say!!! Say that type of thing while we're by your side!!!!
- Sanji: That's right, Robin-chan!!!
- Chopper: Robin, come back!!!
- (The Straw Hats line-up)
- Luffy: Leave the rest to us!!!
(Context: The Straw Hats declare their intentions to save Robin.)
- Luffy: I know who Robin's enemy is! Sogeking.
- Sogeking: Hmm?
- Luffy: I want you to burn up that flag.
- Sogeking: Roger!!
- Spandam: Huh?
- Sogeking: My new weapon, the giant peashooter. I call it "Kabuto." Look at this firepower!!! KILLER MOVE... "FIREBIRD STAR"!!!
- (Sogeking shoots a firebird-shaped flame towards the World Government flag and burns it up.)
- Robin: ...you can't-
- Soldiers: Ah... aaah!! Look... look what they DID...!! Do they know what attacking a flag MEANS...?!! THEY'VE DONE IT NOW!!!! Those pirates... just declared WAR... against the World Government!!!!
- Spandam: Are you all INSANE?!! Do you think you can survive against the ENTIRE WORLD?!!!
- Luffy: YOU BET!!!! Robin!!! I haven't heard it from your mouth yet!! TELL ME "I WANNA LIVE"!!!
- Chopper: ...Robin!
- Nami: Robin!!!
- Robin: I WANNA LIVE!!!! Take me with you out to sea!!!
(Context: Luffy gets Robin to say that she wants to live and declares war against the World Government.)
- Usopp: LISTEN, CHOPPER! For a man...
- Miss Merrychristmas: It's about time you died, Long Nose! MOGURAZUKA HIGHWAY!
- Usopp: Even... E-Even if... h-he's about to die... Facing fierce enemies...
- Miss Merrychristmas: Off to Hell you go! MOGU MOGU IMPACT!
- Chopper: Usopp!
- Usopp: E-Even if... There's no way... he can beat the enemy...
- Miss Merrychristmas: Mr. 4! Quit standing there laughing like an idiot! You're up to bat! 4-ton Bat! Here we go! MOGURAZUKA YONBAN KOUSATEN!
- Chopper: USOPP!!
- Miss Merrychristmas: No matter what weaklings do, in the end they're still weak! Just look at him!
- Chopper: YOU JERKS! You...!
- Miss Merrychristmas: Eh? You want a piece of this? Bring it on. We're gonna off ya just like we did that Long Nose coward!
- Chopper: SHUT UP! Usopp... Usopp isn't a coward!
- Usopp: There is a time... ...when a man... ...will not run from a fight.
- Miss Merrychristmas: Wha-? You're still...!
- Usopp: That time is when his friend... When his friend's dreams... ...are laughed at!
(Context: Usopp's speech about the times when a man takes action.)
- Kaku: Quite amazing. But it's too late!!!
- Roronoa Zoro: Those words are for you...
(Context: Kaku is amazed by Zoro's illusion that makes him see 3 faces and 6 arms. Zoro uses his new "Asura" attack on Kaku.)
- Enemies: How far is it going to keep chasing us?!
- Roronoa Zoro: It will chase you to hell's ends.
(Context: Zoro created a hurricane that cuts enemies.)
- Dragon: What happened to you, Boy ?
- Sabo: O-Old Man... the Royalty and Nobles are... behind the fire... believe me... This town smells worse than Gery Terminal. It smells like rotten people! If I stay here... I'll never be Free ! I'm... ashamed of being a Noble !
- Dragon(thinking): They finally made a kid say this! Goa Kingdom!
- Dragon(aloud): I know how you feel. I was born in this country, too. But i still don't have enough power to change the country.
[Context: Royalty burnt the slum area(Grey Terminal) of their country (Goa kingdom)]
- Luffy, Zoro and Usopp: Chopper's a doctor?!?!
- Nami: Why did you think we made Chopper join our crew?
- Luffy: Seven Level transformation... Cool Reindeer...
- Sanji: Emergency food supply...
(Context: Nami explains how Chopper was taught all of Dr Kureha's medical skill, which the other crewmates were oblivious to.)
- Hachi: MY HAIR! You jerk! I'm gonna... I'm gonna... forgive you. I mean it's only hair, it'll grow back!
(Context: Zoro cuts off part of Hachi's hair during his fight with him.)
Zoro: So then what are you doing just napping here? Luffy: I dunno! I coulda sworn I was on TOP of the cliff... *laughs* Weeirrd. (Context: Luffy was hypnotized into a sleep by Jango and fell off a cliff, and the Straw Hat Pirates find him strewn on the ground. Luffy tells them crucial news)
On Going Merry, Sanji to Nami: To enhance stunning beauty such as yours with silky smooth skin, I have brought you a special tropical juice! Nami: Thanks.. (*Luffy, Usopp & Chopper stare, look jealous*) Luffy: Give me some too Chopper (waves*): Silky Smooth!! Sanji: hold on... why would guys want silky smooth skin? All: So we will be cute! (All gets the juice in the end)
- Arlong: Tell me, what hopeless difference is there between you and me?
- Luffy: Nose... Jaw?
- Yosaku: He... Is he playing around...?!
- Johnny: No... I think he's serious.
- Luffy: Webbed hands!
- Arlong: IT'S OUR VERY SPECIES!!!
(Context: Arlong tries to explain to Luffy why he has no chance against him.)
- Nami: Oh no!
- Kalifa: [sexily strokes Nami's curvaceous body here and there through her revealing outfit as she weakens Nami with her powers.]
(Context: Kalifa gets behind Nami unnoticed, until too late)
- Nami: [On all fours, she's having a hard time getting to her feet due to her Kalifa soaping her entire body.] LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY BODY!?!
- Kalifa: [Taunting] It's a pity that it also cleanses out your proportions. But look at your skin! It's gorgeous, I'm jealous
(Context: Nami after Kalifa turned her into a slippery mannequin. She loses her original figure.)
- Yosaku and Johnny: Don't tell me Brother Luffy's secret plan was...!!
- Luffy: LOOK! I GOT TEETH TOO!!!
- Yosaku and Johnny (Thinking): There was no secret plan.
(Context: Luffy steals a pair of Arlong's teeth and puts it in his mouth.)
- Sanji: Sorry, but i'm gonna have to decline your offer.
- Luffy: No, I decline.
- Sanji: You decline what?
- Luffy: I decline your decline.
(Context: Sanji refuses to join the Straw Hats, but Luffy refuses to accept his decision.)
- Luffy: Huh? Where is Chopper?
- Luffy: Ah, there he is. (about 20 meters from Luffy lying in the sand)
- Luffy: Why's he all the way over there?
- Luffy: Is he trying to be funny?
- (Zoro suddenly take his sword to Luffy's neck and Luffy's face became blue)
- Luffy: Yes, it's my fault.
- Luffy: I am sorry.
(Context: Luffy , Zoro and Chopper are walking in the desert when Luffy sees a place where there is a little shade and he wants to get there fast with the others so he uses Gomu Gomu no Rocket and this grabs the others with him)
- Crocodile: But there's still a fundamental difference between you and I that you cannot overcome. That is the level of the Shichibukai (Seven Warlords of the Sea).
- Luffy: So what if you're one of the Shichibukai? Then I must the Hachibukai (Eight Warlords of the Sea)!
- (A bell sounds, in a comical way)
- Cobra: Who is this man?
- Robin: A pirate. Perhaps you haven't heard.
(Context: Luffy is fighting with Crocodile, and this conversation happens during their second fight)
- Jango: Listen up you guys. Pirates really suck.
- Fullbody: Oi oi, what are you saying? Did you forget or something? You used to be...a pirate!
- Jango: Crap! Yeah, you're right! Shall we dance, baby?
- Fullbody: LET'S DANCE!
- (Context: Jango and Fullbody, after succesfully capturing a pirate ship for the Navy, have a discussion on pirates which quickly turns into a dance party)
- Zoro: And that, is without a doubt, that.
- Usopp: Yeah, he [Sanji] was a lost cause from the get-go.
- Zoro: And so...
- (Close up of Zoro and Usopp)
- Zoro: The two of us are the last remaining bastions against her [Robin].
- Usopp: Yeah, those weak-minded fools have failed us all.
- Luffy: Oi, Usopp!
- (Close up of Usopp looking very evil)
- Usopp: Hmm?
- (Close up of Luffy doing Chopper impression, with Robin's hands for Chopper's horns)
- Luffy: Chopper!
- (Luffy, Usopp and Chopper roll on the floor laughing, while Zoro looks irritated)
(Context: Robin wants to join the Straw Hat Pirates, but Usopp and Zoro do not trust her. Luffy then does a Chopper impression)
- Usopp: AHH! IT'S NIGHT!
- Chopper: THE WHIRLPOOL'S PULL IS GETTING STRONGER!
- Usopp: We gotta pull out, Luffy! We can still make it! You understand, right!? This whirlpool alone is enough to kill us! Sky Island's just a dream within a dream!
- Luffy: A dream within a dream? I guess so...
- Nami: That's right, Luffy! I don't think I can do this either!
- Luffy: An island from a dream within a dream? I could never pass up a great adventure like this!
- Usopp: He... He's having fun...
(Context: The ship is sucked into a whirlpool that will supposedly send them to Skypiea.)
- Nami: They still haven't decided yet? Sanji, that ball looks lovely on you!
- Sanji: YES!!! I AM THE BALLMAN!!! I WAS BORN TO PLAY THIS ROLE!!!
- Zoro: Seriously, you look great, just like a prince, of the Idiot Kingdom.
(Context: During the Davy Back Fight's Groggy Ring, the Straw Hat team tries to decide who will be the ball man.)
- Alvida: Is that the bounty hunter you hired? Well, he certainly isn't Roronoa Zoro...
- Koby: ...!
- Alvida: So I'll give you one chance to repent... Who is the fairest throughout all the seas? Answer me!!!
- Koby: Heh heh heh... Lady Alvida, you--
- Luffy: Hey, who's that tough-looking old biddy?
- Alvida: !!!!
- Alvida's Crew: How dare... No way!
- Koby: Luffy!! Take it back!! Throughout all of the seas, Lady Alvida is... Lady Alvida is...
- Flashback Luffy: I'm gonna be the king of the pirates... And if I die trying... Then at least I tried!
- Koby: Lady Alvida is... The ugliest old hag of all!!!
(Context: When Alvida meets Luffy, she thinks he is a bounty hunter hired by Koby to kill her. She asks Koby who the fairest woman in the seas is, and he starts to say it's her, then Luffy insults her. Koby is shocked, then remembers what Luffy said to him, and decides to be brave.)
- Koby: Luffy, why did you go to sea anyway?
- Luffy: Well, ya see... I'm gonna be the King of the Pirates!!!
- Koby: K-King of the Pirates!!!? But... You'd have to make the whole world kneel to you!!! Wealth, fame, power-- You'd have to achieve it all!!! Don't tell me you're after Gold Roger's lost treasure, "One Piece"!!!! Do you want to die!? Every pirate in the world is after that!!
- Luffy: And so am I.
- Koby: But the odds against you are astronomical!!? It's impossible!! You want to be the King of the Pirates in the golden age of piracy!? It'll never happen!!
(Luffy punches Koby in the face)
- Koby: Hey! W-Why'd you hit me!?
- Luffy: 'Cause I felt like it...
(Spandam about to take Nico Robin and Franky to the Gates of Justice)
- Spandam: Listen up, you bunch of fools! We urgently have to take Nico Robin away from the Straw Hat! We are heading to the Gates of Justice immediately! Bring those two!
- Marine: Ch-Chief!
- Spandam: It's alright, so won't you hurry for once!?
- Marine: But...Franky's butt is inflating!
(Franky's butt has become abnormally large)
- Spandam: Aah! What the hell is that?
- Franky: Oh, Spanda! I perceived my own life's end, and I chose the path of self-destruction instead.
- Spandam: What!??
- Franky: At least I'll take all of you down with me.
- Spandam: IDIOT! Idiiot, wait!
- Franky: With a giant explosion of a three kilometer diameter, I'm gonna close the curtain on my existence. Don't you try to stop me!
(All Marines begin to run away frantically)
- Spandam: Stop it! Save me! Don't involve me in this!
- Franky: Three...two...
- Spandam: Damn! I can't die here!
- Franky: One!
- Spandam: STOP IT!!
(Spandam jumps over the ledge of a staircase and lands on top of Marines below)
- Franky: Let's go, Nico Robin!
(Franky grabs hold of Robin with his legs)
- Franky: Coup de Boo!
(Franky farts loudly and sends himself flying through a wall and onto the balcony of the tower of Justice)
(After Luffy arrives on the Courthouse roof)
- Spandam: Listen to his desperate shouting! I wonder what kind of expression he has?
- Luffy: (With his finger up his nostril) What are you babbling about?
- Spandam: He's picking his nose!?
(When Sogeking shot down Spandam and Nico Robin started running away)
- Spandam: Shoot her!Shoot her to death without killing her!
- Marines: HUH?!
(After an avalanche in the country of snow)
- Vivi: Usopp-san!
- Usopp: What, Vivi? Don’t wake me up. I was having the most beautiful dream. Really, it was a world like nothing I’ve seen before...with its beautiful flower fields and its beautiful rivers.
- Vivi: DON’T GO TO THAT WORLD!
- Usopp: Ah, the river, the river...
- Vivi: Don’t fall asleep! WAKE UP! (hits him repeatedly)
- Usopp: Ah! You saved me Vivi! So this is what it means to return from the brink of death! It’s great that I’m alive, but... (the camera pans to his bloated face)...is it me, or is my face swollen?
- Vivi: I-it’s frostbite. Frostbite.
- Usopp: Is it me, or does my head seem a bit heavier?
- Vivi: These Snowy Countries are dangerous, you know...
- Usopp: Is it me, or is my field of vision narrower?
- Vivi: Besides, we have to hurry. We need to gather our bearings and asses our situation!
- Usopp: Yeah, it’s probably just my imagination.
- Garp: I'm leaving
- Luffy: Okay, bye
- Garp: THAT'S WAY TOO DULL!!! (punching Luffy)
- Garp: Be a little more reluctant, idiot!!! You haven't seen me for a while!!
- Luffy: What do you want me to do ? All you have done is hit me!!
- Garp: Even then, I still want to be loved by my grandson, doodoohead!!
- Kaku: With this square stance, I have no blind spot.
- Roronoa Zoro: SHUT UP!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!
- Kaku: Did you notice ... that a giraffe has four legs?
- Roronoa Zoro: ARE YOU GOING TO FIGHT OR NOT?!!
- Kaku: I haven't shown you... the hidden strenght of a wild giraffe.
- Roronoa Zoro: No need to brag, just show it to me.
- Kaku: You don't even have to ask. Observe carefully the power of a giraffe...
- Roronoa Zoro: There's no giraffe like that.
- Kaku: Damn. I pushed my neck in too deep and extended my arms and legs instead.
- Roronoa Zoro: HOW THE HELL DOES YOUR BODY WORK?!
- Kaku: It's kind of like a pasta machine that pushes out the noodles after you squeeze the flour... "Pasta Machine"!
- Roronoa Zoro: DON'T NAME YOUR ATTACK ON THE SPOT!!!
- One piece season #2 opening, and during Dragon's entrance:
- Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of the People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease to be!
- At the battle of Alubarna
- Those who lament the battle. Those who will fight it. Those who incite the battle. And those who know the truth and will try to prevent it. Each carrying their own resolve, they will collide in the capital city, Alubarna
- During blood transfusion:
- Whether you hurt somebody, or somebody hurts you, the same red blood will be shed. It hardly seems like a path, because it's a very thin and narrow tube - but it makes it's way through the prejudice that makes people fear for each other and blood feuds, so very easily. This is a path towards a very real sun, not some empty wish.
- One Piece episode 53
- One Piece episode 111
- One Piece episode 586