- They could start by removing some personnel: the head-butting, move-retracting, tournament-rigging, Zurab Azmaiparashvili for instance. He is a disgrace to the organisation. But never let it be said that he is a dunderhead.
- When asked how the World Chess Federation FIDE could be improved (Nigel Short on FIDE: 'Either they don't know or they don't care'). Short had not long before been warned by the FIDE Ethics Commission for calling Azmaiparashvili a "dunderhead".
He is warned by FIDE
- It is curious that it is far easier to maintain a high "manners" rating if, like Kasparov, you simply don't speak to anyone. I still have much to learn from the great man...
- From his current personal profile at ChessBase Internet server, where he uses to play blitz. (08/05/2008)
- A friend of mine recently joked that his mobile phone will beat Magnus Carlsen. I said, ‘What are you talking about? My microwave could beat Magnus Carlsen.'
- Washington Post (April 14, 2015)
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|