Nouri Kamel Mohammed Hassan al-Maliki (Arabic: نوري كامل المالكي, transliterated Nūrī Kāmil al-Mālikī; born 20 June 1950), also known as Jawad al-Maliki, is the Vice President of Iraq. He was formerly the state Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq. He is a Shi'a Muslim, and is the deputy leader of the Islamic Dawa Party.
- We pray to God almighty to give us strength so we can meet the ambitious goals of our people, who have suffered a lot.
- As quoted in "Iraq's new unity government sworn in". CNN. 20 May 2006. Retrieved on 2 December 2011. .
- Do not imagine that this problem is solely an Iraqi problem because the terrorist front represents a threat to all free countries and free people of the world... Thousands of lives were tragically lost on Sept. 11 when these impostors of Islam reared their ugly head. Thousands more continue to die in Iraq today at the hands of the same terrorists who show complete disregard for human life.
- Speaking before the U.S. Congress (26 July 2006).
- Our respect for human rights requires us to execute him.
- As quoted in "Saddam Hanged", by The Times Online.
- Al-Qaeda is still the biggest threat for Iraq and the region.
- As quoted in "Only 'one in five Iraqis' has confidence in coalition" (March 2007), 24Dash.
- I'll be frank and say that we were deluded when we signed the contract [with the U.S.]. We should have sought to buy other jet fighters like British, French and Russian to secure the air cover for our forces; if we had air cover we would have averted what had happened.
- On his country's order of F-16 fighter aircraft (June 2014), as quoted in BBC News.
- Despite what we are suffering through, we haven't heard from our political partners with any support. They are not partners in facing the crisis, but they are partners in spending the wealth of Iraq.
- On Iraq's other political parties, as quoted in "Sunni Militants Advance Toward Large Iraqi Dam" (June 2014), The New York Times.