(Redirected from Organized Crime)
- Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine. ~ George Jung.
- A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all fuckin' night. ~ Nicky Santoro.
- When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it. ~ Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero.
- When I introduce you, I'm gonna say, "This is a friend of mine." That means you're a connected guy. Now if I said instead, "this is a friend of ours", that would mean you a made guy. Capice? ~ Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero.
- [Luca Brasi's bulletproof vest is delivered with a fish inside]
- What the hell is this? ~ Sonny Corleone
- It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes. ~ Pete Clemenza.
- I don't like violence, Tom. I'm a businessman; blood is a big expense. ~ Virgil Sollozzo.
- There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. ~ Michael Corleone.
- I make him an offer he don't refuse ~ Vito Corleone.
- Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement. ~ Michael Corleone.
- You know, Michael; now that you're so respectable, I think you're more dangerous than ever. I liked you better when you were just a common Mafia hood. ~ Kay Adams/Corleone.
- The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends ~ Don Altobello.
- And when the cops, when they assigned a whole army to stop Jimmy, what'd he do? He made 'em partners ~ Henry Hill.
- All they got from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. That's what it's all about. That's what the FBI can never understand - that what Paulie and the organization offer is protection for the kinds of guys who can't go to the cops. They're like the police department for wiseguys. ~ Henry Hill.
- For most of the guys, killing's got to be accepted. Murder was the only way that everybody stayed in line. You got out of line, you got whacked. Everybody knew the rules. But sometimes, even if people didn't get out of line, they got whacked. I mean, hits just became a habit for some of the guys. Guys would get into arguments over nothing and before you knew it, one of them was dead. And they were shooting each other all the time. Shooting people was a normal thing. It was no big deal. ~ Henry Hill.
- Don't get high on your own supply. ~ Elvira Hancock
- I'm in the waste management business. Everybody immediately assumes you're mobbed up. It's a stereotype, and it's offensive. ~ Tony Soprano.
- There is no Mafia. ~ Tony Soprano.
- You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. ~ Al Capone.