Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year-Door
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (or Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door), originally released in Japan as Paper Mario RPG, originally known as Mario Story 2 in Japan and Paper Mario 2 in North America, is a role-playing game for the Nintendo GameCube, the second game in the Paper Mario series.
- 1 Paper Bowser
- 2 Paper Princess Peach
- 3 Professor Frankly
- 4 Paper Mario's Partners
- 5 Villains
- 6 Other characters
- 7 Dialogue
- 8 Paper Luigi's Story
- 9 Grifty's Tales
- 9.1 Part 1: The Fearsome Demon
- 9.2 Part 2: The Crystal Stars
- 9.3 Part 3: Dragons and Dungeons
- 9.4 Part 4: The Hero Who Arose
- 9.5 Part 5: The Wise Goomba
- 9.6 Part 6: The Stalwart Koopa
- 9.7 Part 7: The Four Heroes
- 9.8 Part 8: The Duel With the Demon
- 9.9 Part 9: The Demon Sealed Within
- 9.10 Part 10: The Demon's Curse
- 9.11 Part 11: The Great Tree and Punies
- 9.12 Part 12: The Boo Heroine's Last Days
- 9.13 Part 13: The Pirate King Cortez
- 9.14 Part 14: The Toad Hero's Final Days
- 9.15 Part 15: All Becomes Legend
- 9.16 Part 16: The Magical Map
- 10 External links
- Are you gonna call me every time that guy (Paper Mario) blows his nose, or what? Sheesh!
Paper Princess Peach
- I must research this more. Assuming will just make an... Well, you know the saying.
Paper Mario's Partners
- Omigosh! Is… Isn't that a treasure map?! You HAVE to tell me where you got that!
- OH, PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU TO FIGHT HOOKTAIL! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!
- Yow! Grubba got huge!
- Gonzales! Check me out! Thanks to you, I hatched safe and sound! Thanks, man!
- Your name and body were stolen? Oh, well I guess that happens from time to time.
- I can't believe there are other thieves here besides me. How very strange...
- Doopliss: So, you figured it out by now, right, Slick? Your body and name belong to me now!
- Lord Crump: And with that... pow! I'm gone!
- Sir Grodus: Trust me, it's very much in your interest to be absolutely honest with us. We X-Nauts are not all rainbows and lollipops, I assure you. We're quite nasty.
- Rawk Hawk: Rawk out, Great Gonzales!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAWK! Listen to me, Gonzales! Anybody who's beat me is not ALLOWED to lose!!!
Chapter 1 - Castle and Dragon
- Koops: Umm... excuse me! Err... I beg your pardon! Wait a moment, PLEASE!!! [Walks up to Mario] Pardon me for yelling like that... I was panicking. Umm... How to begin? M-My name's... Koops. I heard you're traveling to Hooktail's castle. So, anyway, I, uh... I have a favor to ask. [Long pause] Well... Ummmm... Oh, just... Just forget it. Never mind. Ignore me. Good... Good-bye. [Turns to leave]
- Goombella: OOOOOO-K... That was weird... What do you think THAT was all about? Talk about issues!
Chapter 2 - The Great Boggly Tree
- Punio: Elder!
- Puni Elder: Punio! Is that you? You're looking well.
- Punio: Why are you so calm, Elder? You're trapped! And this is our daring rescue of you!
- Puni Elder: Oh, a rescuing, is it? Well, thanks, I suppose. Those are quite exciting. But... I think you ought to help the other Punies before you rescue me.
- Punio: Where are the others?
- 'Puni Elder: [As Petuni speaks] Hrmmmmmmm... Let me think... Where was I? Ah. Yes. Right. Your question. The rest of the Punies...
- Petuni: Big brother?!? Is that my Punio?
- Punio: [Runs over to where Petuni is] Petuni! Thank heavens! You're here! You're safe!
- Petuni: I knew you'd come for me, Punio! I just KNEW it!
- Punio: Of course I would, dear sister! And I've brought us a mighty ally! Look at him! We're going to get you out of there right away, I swear. You just hold tight a second.
- Petuni: OK!
- Punio: [Turns to Mario] Mario! Listen... We've got to find the cell key or we're going nowhere!
Chapter 3 - Of Glitz and Glory
- Rawk Hawk: Studly guy, coming through! Listen up, losers! I've been hearing about some rising star tearing up the league... [Turns around and sees Mario] It's you, isn't it! Yeah! You fit the bill, skinny! A mustache named Gonzales! Man, I came all the way over her for YOU?!? Harharhar! What a waste of time!
- [Mario realises something and turn to Yoshi]
- (Paper) "Yoshi": What's your deal, Gonzales? Huh? Oh! The champ's belt... [Walks over to look]
- Rawk Hawk: What in the... Hey! You! Get too close to the Hawk and you might get RAWKED!
- (Paper) "Yoshi": I'm not sure, but it definitely looks weird. I think you're right, Gonzales. FAKE!
- [Mario agrees]
- Rawk Hawk: Hey, you think you can just smack-talk the Rawk Hawk? I DON'T THINK SO! You got some guts, calling my belt a fake, you shrimpy, no-belt-having wimps! Didn't your momma teach you any manners?!?
- (Paper) "Yoshi": Whoa, sorry, yellow dude! I didn't mean to rip on your big, bad belt!
- Rawk Hawk: Stop making fun of me, punk! You're alive ONLY 'cause we ain't in the ring right now! If I see you under those lights, I'll tear you apart! Remember the RAWWWWWWK! [Leaves]
Paper Luigi's Story
- Paper Luigi: "Well, like I said, it's a really long story, but here goes."
Part 1: Waffle Kingdom Letter
- Paper Luigi: My big brother - that's you, Bro - got a letter from Princess Peach and took off. Left behind as usual, I was cooking a snack at home when another letter arrived. We don't get so much mail, so I was thinking, "Huh?". This is what the letter said: "Sirs! My name is Crepe. I am a cabinet minister in the far-off Waffle Kingdom. Our land has been attacked by the Chestnut King, who took our Princess Eclair. I ask, nay, BEG for your assistance! The Waffle Kingdom needs your skills. I humbly request your prompt response, sirs. Sincerely, Crepe". Well, I don't remember it exactly, but I think it went something like that. With Mario - that's you, Bro - gone, it fell to me to answer this plea! Hesitating only a teensy bit, I headed to the Waffle Kingdom to invesigate. Oh, no, first, I wrote a note to myself about what I was cooking. Then I left. Once I reached the Waffle Kingsome, I met Minister Crepe, who filled me in. The Chestnut King had kidnapped Princess Eclair and vanished. Apparently, though, some oracle said a Mavelous Compass could locate her. This Marvelous Compass had been broken into several parts by an ancient curse... and those parts had been scattered across the land. Can you believe it, Bro? Each part of the Marvelous Compass was said to point to the next. And since one of the parts was embedded in the tiara worn by the princess... I surmised that once I collected all the parts, I'd find her. Smart, huh? The minister gave me the compass base spoken of in Waffle fables... When it activated, the entire thing lit right up, indicating the deep south... It was pointing me toward the Rumblebump Volcano on the Pudding Continent. So, yeah, here I am! I'm sailing out of Rogueport for Rumblebump Volcano.It's probably gonna be pretty dangerous, but... I gotta rescue that princess!
Part 2: Rumblebump Volcano
- Paper Luigi: As soon as my ship docked on the Pudding Continent, I set out for the volcano. To reach my destination, I spent several days fording through dense jungle... Scary beasts were all over! More than once I thought I was done for, Bro! I may have screamed a bit. To scare them off, you know. But as fate would have it... A Blooper named Blooey heard me shrieking and found me in this one town. Blooey was on a journey of his own, but he joined me after hearing my tale. Now, Blooey's a madman. Back in his hometown, they call him 'White Torpedo'! Yeah, he's a tough guy. Anyway, he helped me fight to Rumplebumb Volcano. This place was all about bubbling lava pools and heat that'd make the sun sweat. AND, the place was lousy with evil traps designed to protect the compass piece. The scariest one of all was this gigantic, 100-foot-tall statue that stomped around. Now, the weakness of this giant statue, Bro, was a red gem on its forehead... Now, I can jump high, but not high enough to reach this thing by a long shot. So I came up with this plan for Blooey to hit that weak spot! 'All you, man!' I said! I waited for a pause in the statue's movements and hucked Blooey up there! And bull's-eye! The White Torpedo saved the day! That jewel got whacked! It was a critical hit, and that stone statue toppled and crumbled into pieces! Once that was done, it was an easy stroll to the room where the treasure was. Unfortunately, Princess Eclair was nowhere to be found... But I got another piece of the Marvelous Compass, and put it in the base... Now the compass pointed west, to Plumpbelly Village on the Strudel Continent. So I set sails once again and came back here to Rogueport to recharge. That's what happened to me lately, but I'll be heading back out soon.
Part 3: Plumpbelly Village
- Paper Luigi: Once we made landfall on the Strudel Continent, we made for Plumpbelly Village. Once we got there, though, we immediately noticed that something was wrong. We learned from the mayor that the town was ruled by a giant snake named Hizza! He said his own daughter was gonna be offered up as a sacrifice to this beast, too! So, of course, being heroic, I offered myself up to go in her stead! Brave, huh? Now, the custom was for sacrifices to be dressed as brides, so I got all dolled up... I was one hot sacrifice, Bro. I looked so good, I fooled our foes and got in Hizza's lair. It was kind of rough fighting in that gown, but I managed. Chiffon really chafes, Bro! I finally found Hizza...and the snake had a second head on his tail! Talk about scary! I fainted real quick, but when I came to, I managed to distract both heads... It reared up, fangs bared to attack, and at that moment, I deftly lunged left! His gaping mouths smashed into one another...and he vanished in a cloud of smoke! A shining plate fell down on the spot where Hizza's body had been coiled... Yes! Another compass piece! I set it, and it pointed east, to Circuit Break Island! Just as I was about to leave town, the mayor asked me to stay and marry his daughter. I thought about it--she was sorta cute--but we ended up sneaking off the next morning. I mean, I still have to rescue Princess Éclair from the Chestnut King! And...when the Marvelous Compass activated this time, I heard somebody's voice. It was so beautiful, Bro... I'm certain it was Princess Eclair's voice! My heart began to race! That's when I realized it: Princess Éclair... I think I... Oh! I kinda zoned out there. Umm... So, yeah. We set sail again after ditching town... And somehow we managed to get back here to Rogueport. And here I am!
Part 4: Circuit Break Island
Part 5: Jazzafrazz Town
Part 6: Rapturous Ruins
Part 7: Hatesong Tower
Part 8: Super (Paper) Luigi Book
Part 1: The Fearsome Demon
- Ages ago, a city flourished here in peace in splendor, but it was destroyed in a single day by a demon from the dark beyond. Historians claim a great calamity befell the city, but nay... 'twas a demon. The city sank below ground, and one-quarter of the old city became the demon's den. This demon put fear into the hearts of all men and sent out minions to take the land. And its den, its palace, grew rich with the treasures stolen from all over the world.
Part 2: The Crystal Stars
- In order to increase its already formidable power the demon created Crystal Stars to hold the essence of the heavens. One of these stars was placed in each country to exert the demon's influence. One of the castles built to contain these stars still stands near Petal Meadows.
Part 3: Dragons and Dungeons
- The demon built a dungeon near its palace and filled it with terrifying monsters. All those who fell into disfavor were thrown into this dungeon to rot. Yea, and the demon also had three dragon pets: Hooktail, Gloomtail, and Bonetail. These dragons flew across the land, spreading fear and sorrow over all. Even now, the mere mention of a dragon is enough to give some the terrors...
Part 4: The Hero Who Arose
- One day, there came a hero who could vanquish the fell demon. The young Toad from Petal Meadows was strong of arm, but shy of voice. All those around the boy teased him endlessly about the way he spoke. But when the demon cast his fearful gaze across the lands and reached out, the young Toad used strength and honor to defend his people and he became a hero to all, despite his odd voice.