(Redirected from Pat robertson)
Pat Robertson (born March 22, 1930) is an American televangelist, businessman and ultra-conservative political activist. He founded the Christian Coalition, and is the host of the TV show The 700 Club, which airs on ABC Family.
- "That guy was a homo — as sure as you're alive." — Robertson, describing a caller during his appearance on the Larry King Show (Windows Media Video)
- Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians! It's no different! It is the same thing! It is happening all over again! It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians! Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today! More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history! … And it is happening here and now! Same thing, but directed against Christians by the liberal government and media! Send money today or these liberals will be putting Christians like you and me in concentration camps!
- After Ariel Sharon's severe stroke: "Ladies and Gentlemen I said last year that Israel was entering into the most dangerous periods of its entire existence as a nation. That is intensifying this year with the loss of Sharon. Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land.' God considers this land to be His. You read the Bible and He says 'this is my land' and for any Prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says 'no, this is mine.' I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, it was a terrible thing that happened but nevertheless he was dead. And now Ariel Sharon who again was a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I prayed with him personally, but here he's at the point of death. He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says 'this land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone.'" — 2006 
- "The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." — 1992 Iowa fundraising letter opposing a state equal-rights amendment ("Equal Rights Initiative in Iowa Attacked", Washington Post, 23 August 1992); it is sometimes claimed that this statement appeared in Robertson's 1992 GOP convention speech, but this is not the case (see also transcript)
- "If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer." (talking about the United States State Department) 
- "If you go all the way back to the days just following creation, men lived nine hundred years or more." — Answers to 200 of Life's most Probing Questions
- "It is clear that God is saying, 'I gave man dominion over the earth, but he lost it. Now I desire mature sons and daughters who will in My name exercise dominion over the earth and subdue Satan, the unruly, the rebellious. Take back My world from those who would loot it and abuse it. Rule as I would rule.'" — The Secret Kingdom
- "I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear. The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that." -- Pat Robertson, speaking about an upcoming "mass killing," on The 700 Club January 2, 2007
- One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer, and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?" — Letter on the Pat Robertson website posted in 2003 
- [Planned Parenthood] "is teaching kids to fornicate, teaching people to have adultery, every kind of bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism – everything that the Bible condemns." (The 700 Club, variously dated as 9 Apr. 1991 or 14 Jan. 1991).
- Presbyterians are the spirit of the Antichrist.
- The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, p. 239
- "Satan is a tool of God's love in the sense that he forces us to see God's loving patience." — Answers to 200 of Life's most Probing Questions
- "The Islamic people, the Arabs, were the ones who captured Africans, put them in slavery, and sent them to America as slaves. Why would the people in America want to embrace the religion of slavers."
- "The media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'" 
- "They have kept us in submission because they have talked about separation of church and state. There is no such thing in the Constitution. It's a lie of the Left, and we're not going to take it anymore." 
- "[Hugo Chávez is] going to make Venezuela a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism all over the continent... he is an out-of-control dictator... a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil that could hurt us very badly." 
- "We're importing Hinduism into America. The whole thought of your karma, of meditation, of the fact that there's no end of life and there's this endless wheel of life, this is all Hinduism. Chanting too. Many of those chants are to Hindu Gods — Vishnu, Hare Krishna. The origin of it is all demonic. We can't let that stuff come into America. We've got the best defense, if you will — a good offense." 
- “You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if [President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela] thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don’t think any oil shipments will stop. [...] We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.” — 22 August 2005, in a broadcast of his Christian Broadcasting Network's program, The 700 Club  
- "You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense, I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist." — Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, January 14, 1991
- "I want to say it again, and again, and again: Islam is not a religion, it's a political system meant on — bent on world domination, not a religion. It masquerades as a religion, but the religion covers a worldwide attempt to exercise power and to subjugate the world into their way of thinking." 
- They were under the heel of the French, you know Napoleon the third and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the prince.' True story. And so the devil said, 'Ok it’s a deal.' And they kicked the French out. The Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after another.
- The 700 Club, January 13, 2010, discussing the 12 Jan 2010 7.0 earthquake in Haiti (see 2010 Haiti earthquake)
- What is this "mac and cheese"? Is that a black thing?
- The 700 Club, CBN, 23 November 2011 , quoted in "Quoted: Pat Robertson on Condi Rice’s mysterious Thanksgiving dish", The Reliable Source (Washington Post), 23 November 2011
- after an interview segment where guest Condoleezza Rice named it as her favorite Thanksgiving dish
- "…People who are atheists, they hate God, they hate the expression of God, and they are angry with the world, angry with themselves, angry with society and they take it out on innocent people who are worshipping God. And whether it's a Sikh temple, or a Baptist church, or a Catholic church, or a Muslim mosque – whatever it is – I just abhor this kind of violence, and it's the kind of thing that we should do something about. But what do you do?"
- The 700 Club, CBN, 6 August 2012 , quoted in "Quoted: Pat Robertson Links 'Hate' of God to Wis. Sikh Temple Shooting", CP U.S. (The Christian Post), 6 August 2012
- Pat Robertson: He's going to have a second term. He's going to win. Romney will win the election.
Benny Hinn: You believe that.
Pat Robertson: I absolutely believe that.
Benny Hinn: What makes you believe that?
Pat Robertson: Cause the Lord told me.
- This Is Your Day, 31 October 2012, 10:47 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (9 May 2013), "Pat Robertson, Who Said 'The Lord Told Me' that 'Romney Will Win,' Urges Viewers to Beware False Prophets", Right Wing Watch
- Regarding 2012 US presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
- So, can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects? The answer is yes. But I don't think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it. But, in a sense, you're mother's just being super cautious, so hey, it isn't going to hurt you to rebuke any spirits that happen to have attached themselves to those clothes.
- The 700 Club, 25 February 2013 , quoted in "Colbert Report Consumer Alert - Demonic Goodwill Items", The Colbert Report, 28 February 2013
- Responding to letter asking "I buy a lot of clothes and other items at Goodwill and other second-hand shops. Recently my mom told me that I need to pray over the items, bind familiar spirits, and bless the items before I bring them into the house. Is my mother correct? Can demons attach themselves to material items?"
- God is going to supply a million dollars, somebody is praying right now, right this second, you’re praying for a million dollars and God said, "I have heard your prayer, I know your need, and I'm going to supply the need that you requested," it's done, in Jesus' name.
- The 700 Club, 28 February 2013 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (28 February 2013), "Pat Robertson's Prayers Can Make You A Millionaire", Right Wing Watch and Gryboski, Michael (1 March 2013), "Pat Robertson Claims God Will Give One of His Viewers $1M", The Christian Post
- Those people overseas didn't go to Ivy League schools... Well, we're so sophisticated, we think we've got everything figured out. We know about evolution, we know about Darwin, we know about all these things that says God isn't real, we know about all this stuff. And if we've been in many schools, in the most advanced schools, we have been inundated with skepticism and secularism. And, uh, overseas they're simple, humble. You tell 'em God loves 'em and they say, "Okay, he loves me". You say God will do miracles and they say, "Okay, we believe him". That's what God's looking for, that's why they have miracles.
- The 700 Club, 1 April 2013 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (1 April 2013), "Robertson: 'Simple' Foreigners More Likely to Experience Miracles than 'Sophisticated' Americans", Right Wing Watch
- Answering a viewer question from Ken: "Why do amazing miracles (people raised from the dead, blind eyes open, lame people walking) happen with great frequency in places like Africa, and not here in the USA?"
- You've got a couple of same-sex guys kissing, do you "like" that? Well, that makes me want to throw up. To me, I would punch "vomit" not "like", but they don't give you that option on Facebook.
- The 700 Club, 8 July 2013 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (8 July 2013), "Robertson: Facebook Should Have 'Vomit' Button for Pictures of Gay Couples", Right Wing Watch
- Answering a viewer question from Tyza: "When we "like" things on Facebook, if it's something that goes against what is written in the Bible—such as pictures of same sex couples—is that considered condoning the behavior?"
- I don't think there is any harm in it, but I tell you, there are demons and there are evil people in the world, and you post a picture like that and some cultist gets hold of it or a coven and they begin muttering curses against an unborn child. [...] You never know what somebody's going to do.
- The 700 Club, 16 February 2015 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (17 February 2015), "Pat Robertson: Satanic Covens Use Facebook To Curse Your Family", Right Wing Watch
- Answering a viewer question from Cynthia: "Young parents now regularly post fetal ultrasound photos as their Facebook photo. From a spiritual point of view is there any harm in doing this?"
- As far as God's concerned, he knows the end from the beginning and He sees a little baby and that little baby could grow up to be Adolf Hitler, he could grow up to be Joseph Stalin, he could grow up to be some serial killer, or he could grow up to die of a hideous disease. God sees all of that, and for that life to be terminated while he's a baby, he's going to be with God forever in Heaven so it isn't a bad thing.
- Answering a viewer asking how to respond to a coworker who asked "Why did God allow my baby to die?" about their dead three-year-old child.
- The 700 Club, 9 June 2015 , quoted in Tashman, Brian (9 June 2015), "Pat Robertson: Tell Bereaved Mother Her Dead Baby Could've Been The Next Hitler", Right Wing Watch
Quotes about Robertson
- We do not need an Osami <sic> bin Laden leading us.
- television evangelist Jack Van Impe 
- Pat Robertson at a national convention, equipped with delegates, certainly remains a terrible sight. He is a charlatan of Chaucerian dimensions.
- Martin Amis, "Phantom of the Opera: the Republicans in 1988," from Visiting Mrs. Nabokov (1993)
- This guy obviously wants to be a prophet so bad. I wonder if he walks around at home dressed up in a bedsheet, talking Aramaic, maybe parting the waters in the bathtub occasionally, just to keep in practice?
- Pat Condell "Hook, Line and Rapture" January 8th, 2008
- Pat Robertson doesn't worship the cross. He worships the fucking dollar sign.