(Redirected from Paul Eluard)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Paul Éluard was the nom de plume of Eugène Grindel (December 14, 1895 – November 18, 1952), a French poet who was active in the Dada and Surrealist movements.
- His fables so brutally imposed, sweated by heart. Their morality is a prison which I don't want to penetrate anymore.
- Une femme est plus belle que le monde où je vis, Et je ferme les yeux.
- A woman is more beautiful than the world in which I live, and I close my eyes.
- Cited: Leon-Gabriel Gros. "A miracol mostrare." Cahiers du Sud. (1953) p. 36.
- Citation reported: Sara Sturm-Maddox. Petrarch's laurels. (1992). Penn State Press. p. 68.
- Il y a assurément un autre monde, mais il est dans celui-ci...
- There is another world, but it is in this one.
- Œuvres complètes, vol. 1, Gallimard, 1968.