Pee-wee's Playhouse was a Saturday Morning television series on CBS that aired from September 13, 1986 to July 27, 1991. It starred Paul Reubens as Pee-wee Herman who lived in his Playhouse with a whole bunch of wacky characters.
The secret word said in these quotes will always be in BOLD CAPS
Ice Cream Soup [1.1]
- Pee-wee: Hey, Magic Screen, what's that red thing over there?
- Magic Screen: What a silly question Pee-wee. It's the DOOR.
- All: AAAAAAAAHH!!
- Mr. Window: Hey Pee-wee.
- Pee-wee: Yes, Mr. Window?
- Mr. Window: Someone's at the do-- uh...someone's at the red padded entrance.
- Pee-wee: Oh, you mean the DOOR.
- All: AAAAAAAAHH!!
- Jambi: Hey Pee-wee, are you ready to make your wish yet?
- Pee-wee: No, but I'll take a prediction.
- Jambi: Okay, I predict...we'll be back right after this!
Rainy Day [1.3]
- Randy: What's the matter, Pee-wee?
- Pee-wee: I'm bored, Randy.
- Randy: Bored? There's plenty of things to do on a rainy day.
- Pee-wee: I know Randy, but I've done all them already.
- Randy: No, you haven't. See this phone here?
- Pee-wee: Yes, I've called everyone I know.
- Randy: So? Call some people you don't know!
- Pee-wee: What do you mean?
- Randy: Here, I'll show you. (goes into the picture phone and dials a number of a housewife who answers)
- Housewife: Hello.
- Randy: Hello. Is your refrigerator running?
- Housewife: Why yes.
- Randy: Then, you better go and catch it! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. (hangs up) See Pee-wee? It's easy. You try one.
- Pee-wee: No Randy, that's not fun! It's not nice to make prank phone calls!
- Randy: Don't be such a chicken! (dials the number of the same housewife) Here's it's ringing. (hands the phone to Pee-wee)
- Housewife: (irritated) Hello?
- Pee-wee: Hello, is your refrigerator running?
- Housewife: I've had just about enough of this! My husband is a police officer. Darryl?
- Policeman: Yes dear? (takes the phone from his wife) What's your name kid?
- Pee-wee: Pee-wee Herman.
- Policeman: Well, you listen to me Pee-wee Herman! Making prank phone calls is against the law! If I wasn't such a nice guy, I'd take you downtown and have you thrown into JAIL!! And you'd have a criminal record for the rest of your life. Would you like that?
- Pee-wee: Uh, no sir! I mean, no officer!
- Policeman: Yeah, alright. I'll let you go this time. But next time, you're going to JAIL!
- Pee-wee: There won't be a next time. I've learned my lesson, honest. Randy? Randy?! (Randy takes off laughing)
- Mr. Window: Hey Pee-wee, here comes Dixie!
- [Dixie walks in with no jacket on and she's all oily.]
- Pee-wee: Hi Dixie, I didn't hear your horn honk!
- Dixie: All right, if it will make you happy, "Honk! Honk!"
- Pee-wee: Boy, are you uptight or what?!
- Dixie: I'm sorry Pee-wee. [offers a handshake with her oily hand]
- Pee-wee: Ewwwww!
- Dixie: Oh, my cab's got a flat tire! I had to walk all the way up the hill. You know, it's been a really bad DAY.
- All: AAAAAAAAAAAHH!!
- Pee-wee So, where's the King of Cartoons?
- Dixie: Hey, your majesty, STEP ON IT!!