Peter T. King
Peter Thomas King (born April 5, 1944) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 2nd congressional district. He is a member of the Republican Party and represents the central Long Island district that includes parts of Nassau and Suffolk counties. He formerly served as the Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, where he drew attention in early 2011 for holding hearings on the extent of radicalization of American Muslims. He also sits on the Financial Services Committee and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He stepped down as Homeland Security Chairman because of self-imposed Republican term limits, but remains a member of the committee.
- Ann Coulter has become a legend in her own mind.
- as quoted in Soulless: Ann Coulter and the Right-Wing Church of Hate (2006) by Susan Estrich, p. 71.
- Let's knock out the psychobabble. He was a pervert, a child molester, he was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country? I just think we're too politically correct. No one wants to stand up and say we don't need Michael Jackson. He died, he had some talent, fine. There's men and women dying every day in Afghanistan. Let's give them the credit they deserve.
- On the death of Michael Jackson, New York Congressman Blasts Jackson as 'Pervert, Low-Life' 2009
- We have to be careful not to allow this to get any legitimacy. I’m taking this seriously in that I’m old enough to remember what happened in the 1960s when the left-wing took to the streets and somehow the media glorified them and it ended up shaping policy. We can’t allow that to happen.