Philippines officially known as the Republic of the Philippines (Filipino: Repúblika ng Pilipinas), is a sovereign island country in Southeast Asia situated in the western Pacific Ocean. To its north across the Luzon Strait lies Taiwan; west across the South China Sea sits Vietnam; southwest is the island of Borneo across the Sulu Sea, and to the south the Celebes Sea separates it from other islands of Indonesia.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There is currently no food, water or electricity. We can only imagine how much worse the situation will be for families living in towns and remote villages.
- DEC chairman Salah Saeed, quoted on BBC News, "Typhoon Haiyan: UK aid work under way in Philippines", November 13, 2013.
- Extreme poverty, the increasing availability of high-speed internet and the existence of a vast and comparatively wealthy overseas customer base has led to organised crime groups exploiting children for financial gain.
- The National Crime Agency, quoted on BBC News, "Philippines web abuse ring smashed in UK-led operation", January 15, 2014.
- “This is absolutely not unique to Singapore. If there's one country that will definitely succeed with meritocracy, pragmatism and honesty, that's the Philippines. I say this because Filipinos are among the most talented people in the world today,”
- Former Ambassador to the United Nations of Singapore, Kishore Mahbubani, quoted on Rappler, "#SG50: 'Philippines can succeed like Singapore'",