(Redirected from Rahul gandhi)
- The fact of the matter is that innocent people died in 1984 and innocent people dying is a horrible thing and should not happen. The difference between Gujarat and 1984 was that the Government of Gujarat was involved in the riots. [...] I think that riots, as all riots, were a horrible event. Frankly I was not in operation in the Congress party.
- Politics is everywhere. It’s in your shirt, it’s in your pants. It’s everywhere.
- In India, we have a concept of caste. It has a concept of escape velocity. If one belongs to a backward caste and wants to attain success then one needs an escape velocity to attain that success. Dalits in this country need the escape velocity of Jupiter to attain success.
- Every situation that Indian person finds himself in is extremely complex. We have to deal with the red lights. As young leaders here have to deal with senior leaders, suddenly someone disrupts your entire life. Everything happens, sort of, according to your karma; it’s all random.
- Poverty is a state of mind.
- A rising tide raises all boats, but you need a boat to rise with the tide. What does he who does not have a boat do?
- If you go back a hundred, two hundred years, you would find that India is energy; it is a force. If you go back a thousand years, two thousand years, you would find that force came from our rivers: Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati. We worshiped these rivers and the reason we worshiped these rivers was because that is where our energy came from, and everything we had was built on these rivers. Now, we have gone way beyond that. We have built structures that are allowing this energy to rise, to explode.
- There are people doing yoga in New York, dancing around, that’s the power of India. You go to a nightclub somewhere in Spain and there’s Amitabh Bachchan on the screen there, dancing around. That’s the power of India. That’s the power of Indian people.
- Ambedkar was the first person to attain escape velocity and run away to US.(whoever mentioned this link, please understand the context)
- I went to University in 1991, and I remember, nobody thought of India. I remember conversations where people would laugh and say, “Do you have elephants on the road?” Nobody is saying that today.
- India is the Saudi Arabia of human resources for the 21st century. The power that we used to get from oil in 20th century, we will get it from people like you in 21st century.
- IIT professor has no idea about what his value is. He has got no idea about what he is worth. Because he is not connected to the market. He does not understand what the market is ready to pay him. He does, but institutionally he doesn’t.
- You should stop asking your politicians how they’re gonna do it.
- (When asked about the free distribution of Akash tablet his party had promised) “Frankly, I am not the person who came up with the Aakash tablet. You need to ask the gentleman who came up with it.”
- (After terrorist attacks in Mumbai) Terrorism is impossible to be stopped at all time. We will stop 99% of the attacks; 1% of the attacks will get through. You feel US has stopped all terrorist attacks? US is currently involved in Afghanistan and Iraq, where there are attacks every single day. On them. Not in US, but on them. The war has moved.
- I would not have been here if I was not from a political family.
- It is for women to come forward and choose the path of sacrifice for serving the nation.
- See, there is a tendency to look at India as a country.
- When I was training to be a pilot, there was a large section in the book on how to drop mail from the plane.
- Passion is listening.
- We need to empower everybody, not one person, not almost everybody, but everybody.
- What is happening to human resources in Punjab. 7 out of 10 youth have the problem of drugs.
- We have to provide the roads on which our dreams are paved. And these roads can’t have potholes, they can’t break down in six months. They have to be big roads because they are going to carry strong people, they are going to carry strong forces.
- China is referred to as the ‘dragon’ and India as an ‘elephant’. But we are not an elephant, we are a ‘beehive’.
- If India is computer, Congress is its default program.
- A Dalit needs Jupiter's escape velocity to achieve success.