Richie Rich (film)
(Redirected from Richie Rich)
Richie Rich (sometimes stylized Ri¢hie Ri¢h) is a 1994 American live-action film adaptation of the Harvey Comics comic book character Richie Rich in which the richest kid in the world has everything he wants, except companionship..
- [After the laser gun has destroyed her nose on Mount Richmore] Oh, my God! My nose! I look like Michael Jackson!
- Well... I'm already wanted for attempted murder, escaping from jail, and blowing up an aircraft. Breaking and entering sounds right up my alley. Let's kick some butt, shall we?
Lawrence Van Dough
- [Annoyed with his chauffeur after stepping out of his limo and into a puddle] 37-and-a-half miles of driveway, and you park in the 5 feet with a puddle!
- [Richie wants to play baseball with Gloria's sandlot-team]
- Richie Rich: Come on. Let me hit.
- Gloria: Forget it; you probably couldn't even hit a BEACH BALL!
- Richie Rich: I could hit it off of YOU.
- Gloria: [insulted] All right - You think you're so hot? Put your money where your mouth is!
- Richie Rich: You mean bet?
- Tony: Yeah. $5 says she could put you away for keeps.
- Gloria: $5? How about $10?
- Richie Rich: Okay - Seems a little steep, but $10 thousand it is.
- [Richie takes a wad of bills out of his pocket; the other kids are shocked]
- Gloria: No, not $10 thousand. $10 dollars.
- Richie Rich: Oh, $10 dollars. Okay.
- Herbert Cadbury: Master Richie, I do think it unseemly in the extreme for you to take these - children's money.
- Gloria: What are you doing, Mr. Fancy Pants? Asking the old guy for batting tips?
- Herbert Cadbury: [insulted] Take their backsides to the cleaners, Master Richie.
- Richard Rich Sr.: How do you put up with me, Regina?
- Regina Rich: Well, you are worth $70 billion.
- Richard Rich Sr.: Is that the ONLY reason?
- Regina Rich: [she lightly gives him a kiss] No. You also have a cute butt.
- [she walks away sensually; he looks embarrassed, then chuckles]
- Richard Rich Sr.: Hey, Cadbury, did you hear that?
- Herbert Cadbury: Indeed, sir. Madam admires your butt. I'm most delighted for you.
- Herbert Cadbury: Excuse me, sir. It's a telephone call, from the President.
- Richard Rich Sr.: Which country?
- Herbert Cadbury: This one, sir.
- Richard Rich Sr.: Ah...Probably needs another loan.
- Pee-Wee: Hey, man, just checking out your crib here.
- Richie Rich: My crib?
- Herbert Cadbury: I believe that's street slang for home, sir, an idiom.
- Omar: Who you callin' an idiom?
- [Having forced Richard Sr. and Regina to open Mount Richmore, Van Dough finds that instead of money, it contains baby pictures, comic books, baseball cards, finger paintings, etc.]
- Van Dough: This is incredible! This is amazing! This is...This is JUNK!
- [Regina and Richard Sr. both look insulted]
- Regina Rich: Junk?
- Van Dough: Bronze dog bones? What? Accordians? Baby pictures, tricycles, kites... [Picks up a trophy] Bowling trophies?
- Richard Rich Sr.: Oh, do you remember that, darling?
- Regina Rich: Oh, our first date!
- Van Dough: What is all of this crap?
- Regina Rich: These are our priceless possessions!
- Van Dough: Where are the gold bars... the diamonds... the negotiable bearer bonds, the money? [Aims his gun at Richard Sr.] WHERE'S THE MONEY?
- Richard Rich Sr.: In banks. Where else? And the stock market, real estate...
- Van Dough: No! Is this some kind of joke? You're telling me there isn't one single solitary gold bar, or emerald, or $1,000 bill in this entire mountain?
- Richard Rich Sr.: Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Lawrence, but that's not what we treasure.
- Van Dough: [to Ambler] Shoot them. Shoot them now, please!
- [Ambler is about to shoot Richard and Regina, when Richie appears, brandishing a sword]
- Richie Rich: What's the matter, Mr. Van Dough? Can't do it yourself?
- Regina Rich: Richie, get out of here!
- Richie Rich: It's okay, Mom. I don't think he has the guts to shoot anyone.
- Richard Rich Sr.: Richie, no! [Ambler points his gun to Richard's throat]
- Van Dough: Generally, you're right, but... on this occasion, I think I'll make an exception. [shoots Richie, not realizing he is wearing Keenbean's special spray that makes his clothes bulletproof; Richard and Regina scream]
- Richie Rich: Cool.
- An adventure so big... even the world's richest kid can't afford to miss it!
- Without the inventions, the butler, and the private fast-food restaurant...he's just a normal 12-year-old billionaire.
- Five buddies, one butler, and a dog on an adventure so big... Even the world's richest kid can't afford to miss it.
- Macaulay Culkin - Richard "Richie" Rich Jr.
- John Larroquette - Laurence Van Dough
- Jonathan Hyde - Herbert Arthur Runcible Cadbury
- Edward Herrmann - Richard Rich Sr.
- Christine Ebersole - Regina Rich
- Mike McShane - Professor Keenbean
- Chelcie Ross - Ferguson
- Reggie Jackson - Baseball Coach
- Mariangela Pino - Diane Kazinski
- Stephi Lineburg - Gloria Kazinski
- Joel Robinson - Omar
- Jonathan Hilario - Pee Wee
- Rory Culkin - Young Richie
- Ben Stein - Economics Teacher
- Claudia Schiffer - Claudia