Roar (1981 film)
Roar is a 1981 American adventure exploitation film written and directed by Noel Marshall, produced by and starring Marshall and his then wife, Tippi Hedren, and co-starring Hedren's daughter, Melanie Griffith, and Marshall's sons, John and Jerry. The film follows a man who lives with a range of ravening lions and big cats. When he attempts to bring his family to his home in Africa, they are accidentally left alone with the animals they are afraid of.
- It's just playing, I'm tellin' ya!
- Oh that's Johnny Lion. You never have to worry about John.
- Okay cat. Hello lions. Hello lions! What'ya doin'? What's that rogue Togar doing here? God, Togar, why today of all days?
- Good lord! Look what the cat dragged in!
- Hank: Say hello to Henry the jaguar would ya?
- Mativo: Not today!
- Jerry: It'll sure be great seeing him after three years!
- Melanie: Yeah! I couldn't believe how fast he split for Africa after he got his grant, and the zoo let him take the little cubs he raised.
- John: [chuckles] You'd think he'd take the kids he raised!
- Hank: Prentiss, your actions aren't necessary. The government knows there's a better way; they're moving the people out of the migration paths. I don't know what kind of person like you could look into the eyes of 200 elephants and put out those lights. They'd run franticly and panic...
- Prentiss: [interrupts Hank] Do you think your lions would run in panic?
- Hank: Well, you'd better start with me first.
- Prentiss: No, I'll start with the tigers first; that'll teach you for bringing them to Africa!
- The most dangerous movie ever made
- No animals were harmed in the making of this film. 70 cast and crew members were.
- There's never been a film like ROAR - and there never will be again!
- Tippi Hedren as Madeleine
- Noel Marshall as Hank
- Melanie Griffith as Melanie
- Jerry Marshall as Jerry
- John Marshall as John
- Kyalo Mativo as Mativo
- Rick Glassey as Rick
- Steve Miller as Prentiss
- Frank Tom as Frank
- Charlotte Hughley as Princess