Rocky IV is a 1985 American action film starring Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren. Directed and written by Stallone, the movie is about the titular character, Rocky Balboa, coming out of retirement to avenge Apollo Creed's death during a fight against up-and-coming Soviet boxer Ivan Drago.
- [remembers Creed at his funeral] There's a lot I could say about this man, but I don't know if it matters now. I guess what matters is what he stood for, what he lived for, and what he died for. You always did everything the way you wanted it. And I didn't understand that, but now I understand. I'll never forget you, Apollo. You're the best.
- [addresses Russian crowd after the fight, with Russian announcer as translator] I came here tonight, I didn't know what to expect. I seen a lot of people hate me and I didn't know what to feel about that so I guess they didn't like much nothin' either. During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, the way yous feel about me, and in the way I felt about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
- You and me, we don't even have a choice. See, we're born with this killer instinct that you can't just turn off and on like some radio. We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight, then the warrior might as well be dead, Stallion! Now I'm asking you - as a friend - stand by my side this one last time.
- [coldly interviewed about possibly having killed Apollo Creed during their fight] If he dies, he dies.
- [after experiencing Rocky's strength during the bout, in Russian] He is not human, he is a piece of iron.
- [to Rocky after seeing Drago close to cracking under the strain] Ok, you've hurt him, now he's nervous, it hurt!! You see Rocky, he's not a machine!! He's a man! You want it more than he does! No pain! [Duke repeats it three times, and Rocky echoes him each time] Take it to him!
- [Drago's putting the pressure on Apollo Creed, who still wants to fight on]
- Rocky: Champ, look, I gotta stop it. This fight's finished! I gotta call it!
- Apollo Creed: No, no.
- Rocky: Look, champ, you can't do no more out there!
- Apollo: I'm here to fight.
- Rocky: He's killing ya. I gotta stop this thing.
- Apollo: I'm here to fight, promise me you're not gonna stop this fight.
- [at a press conference after the Creed-Drago fight, things get too hot]
- Ludmilla Drago: I'm afraid for my husband's life. We have threats of violence everywhere. We're not in politics. All I want is for my husband to be safe, and to be treated fairly. You call him a killer. He's a professional fighter, not a killer. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this country is so very good and we are so very bad. You have this belief that you are so fair and we are so very cruel.
- Nikolai Koloff: It's all lies and false propaganda to support this antagonistic and violent government.
- Paulie: [miffed at remark] Whoa. Violent? Hey, we don't keep our people behind a wall with machine guns.
- Koloff: Who are you?
- Paulie: Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority, bigmouth! [tries to attack Koloff]
- [After Round 1 against Ivan Drago]
- Duke: Alright, what's happening out there?
- Paulie: He's winning...
- Rocky: I see three of him out there.
- Paulie: Hit the one in the middle!
- Duke: Right! Hit the one in the middle!.
- Sylvester Stallone — Rocky Balboa
- Dolph Lundgren - Ivan Drago
- Talia Shire - Adrian
- Brigitte Nielsen - Ludmilla Drago