Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Anytime the western countries go to war in the Middle East, it becomes a religious war.
- As quoted in "For Iraqi Christians, Money Bought Survival" (26 June 2008), by Andrew E. Kramer, The New York Times, New York: Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., p. 1.
- The recognition and acceptance of a genocide, and mass murder of nations is not to merely point a finger at a tyrant guilty of those crimes. It is acceptance of facts and truths with the ultimate goal to mend bridges between the races. It is not to merely condemn but to create the first step towards world peace.
- Speech at the House of Lords in London, United Kingdom. As quoted in "The House of Lords (London)" (12 March 2008), by R. Malek-Yonan, Assyrian International News Agency.
- When we perpetually allow the practice of genocide and holocaust and consent to the denial of such actions to linger for decades as in the case of the Assyrian, Armenian and Pontic Greek Genocides, we are in essence consenting to denial as a compromise. Denial is not compromise.
- Speech to the House of Commons in London, United Kingdom. As quoted in "The House of Commons (London)" (24 April 2008), by R. Malek-Yonan, Assyrian International News Agency.
The Plight of Religious Minorities (June 2005)
- The Plight of Religious Minorities: Can Religious Pluralism Survive? (30 June 2005), speech to the United States Congress.
- Iraq's 'liberation' has become the 'oppression' of Assyrians.
- As quoted in "Congressional Hearing: Assyrian Plight" (30 June 2006), The Crimson Field.
The Crimson Field (2005)
- I may not have a country with boundaries, but my country is in me. My country is in my soul and in my heart. I am Assyria.
- *As quoted in The Crimson Field.
- I am an Assyrian. That is not negotiable.
- As quoted in The Crimson Field.