Serbia, officially the Republic of Serbia (Serbian: Република Србија / Republika Srbija), is a landlocked country located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe, covering the southern part of the Carpathian basin and the central part of the Balkans.
- Serbia are a world-class team but in Davis Cup tennis the crowd are such an important factor.
- I think that Serbia is not a country in which it is important what nationality you are and where you come from.
- Ana Brnabić, as quoted in "Red Star Belgrade Face Punishment for Anti-Muslim Banner" (31 January 2018), by Maja Zivanovic, Balkan Insight
- The Greek and Serb peoples will remain united until Doomsday.
- It should be clear to all, after the past ten years, that NATO isn't attacking Serbia because of Milošević; it is attacking Milošević because of Serbia.
- Kosovo is not a part of Serbia. It is the very heart of Serbia.
- In the past quite difficult years, Greece and its citizens have proved their original motives and their belief in the expression that 'you will know who your friends are, when you need them'. Huge amounts of humanitarian aid coming from Greece to Serbia and Montenegro, innumerous efforts to collect funds for rebuilding our country, hospitality extended to our children – mainly children of refugees – for a short or a long period of time in Greek families, all this is just a token of the Greek moves of true friendship and solidarity that we will never forget. Even today, as we speak, Greece realizes, being a true friend of ours, our goals and priorities and is helping us to achieve them. [...] The strong, historic and friendly relation between Serbia-Montenegro and Greece constitutes the most important foundation to improve any form of cooperation in the field of politics, economy, culture, sports or education...
- Svetozar Marović, Interview with the President of Serbia-Montenegro Mr. Svetozar Marovic November-December 2006
- Greece and Serbia are two countries linked by ancient and inextricable bonds. Our relationship is lost in the depths of time. Serbian culture and religion were greatly influenced by our common roots in the great civilisation of Byzantium.
- Dimitrios K. Katsoudas Secretary General for European Affairs, 3 May 2007[www.mfa.gr/www.mfa.gr/Articles/el-GR/03052007_1526_alp.htm] Serbia on the Road to Europe; Problems and Perspective
- Why four great powers should fight over Serbia no fellow can understand.
- In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that a western pile of shit is actually pie.
- Emir Kusturica, as quoted in The Guardian (4 March 2005)
- The Serbs are our true friends [...]
- As a Greek I swear eternal friendship with the Serb people.
- George Papandreou, in Belgrade (15 March 2003)
- As Hellenic Nationalists, we express complete support with our Serb brothers, which was genuinely expressed in the past and we declare our solidarity in the common struggle for National Dignity and Sovereignty. Kosovo is Serbia!
- Golden Dawn Statement [posted on the Serbian Consulate in Thessaloniki], 1 March 2008, Thessaloniki Quotations from various Greek and Serb leaders attesting to the close ties between the peoples.
- I am among friends. And this friendship of ours [between Greeks and Serbs] has been proved in practice. And we shall do this in the future as well with words and with deeds.
- Konstantinos Stephanopoulos, October 2003
- We have more in common than differences. The Greek people stood by our side more than any other nation. Up there we do not say the Greeks, we say our brothers. Whatever happens here – let's hope the time will never come – they will be by your side in no time. They are yours. You have won their brotherhood. They are so proud for my Greek origin both mine and my husband's. For the fact that he chose a Greek woman too, like his grandfather did.
- HRH Crown Princess Katherine, 18 December 2004
- I believe in Serbia that moves forward - towards the European Union. There will be no going back for Serbia, only forwards.
- Rumania, Serbia, and Montenegro should be evacuated; occupied territories restored; Serbia accorded free and secure access to the sea; and the relations of the several Balkan states to one another determined by friendly counsel along historically established lines of allegiance and nationality; and international guarantees of the political and economic independence and territorial integrity of the several Balkan states should be entered into.
- Woodrow Wilson, 14 Points, 1918