(Redirected from Shankly, Bill)
- A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.
- At a football club, there's a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters.
- Someone said to me 'To you football is a matter of life or death!' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'.
- An interview on a Granada Television chat-show, hosted by Shelley Rohde on Wednesday 20th of May 1981
- The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It's the way I see football, the way I see life.
- Powley, Adam; Gillan, Robert (2015). Shankly's Village: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Glenbuck and its Famous Footballing Sons. Worthing, UK: Pitch. ISBN 9781785310706. OCLC 931595421. Retrieved on 2016-08-18.
- It's Not Your Leg Son - Book of Shankly Quotes pub. Tangent Books