(Redirected from Shourie, Arun)
Arun Shourie (born 1941) is a prominent journalist, author, and politician of India.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- In a word, no forcible conversions, no massacres, no destruction of temples. ... Muslim historians of those times are in raptures at the heap of Kafirs [sic] who have been dispatched to hell. Muslim historians are forever lavishing praise on the ruler for the temples he has destroyed, ... Law books like The Hedaya prescribe exactly the options to which these little textbooks alluded. All whitewashed away. Objective whitewash for objective history. And today if anyone seeks to restore truth to these textbooks, the shout, "Communal rewriting of history."
- Eminent Historians: Their Technology, Their Line, Their Fraud
- They have made present-day India, and Hinduism even more so, out to be a zoo - an agglomeration of assorted, disparate specimens. No such thing as "India", just a geographical expression, just a construct of the British; no such thing as Hinduism, just a word used by Arabs to describe the assortment they encountered, just an invention of the communalists to impose a uniformity - that has been their stance. For this they have blackened the Hindu period of our history, and, as we shall see, strained to whitewash the Islamic period.
- Eminent Historians: Their Technology, Their Line, Their Fraud (p. x)
- Not an eye for an eye,not a tooth for a tooth;it is completely wrong.But for an eye,both the eyes;for a tooth,the whole jaw
- From a lecture that he delivered after the Mumbai attacks of 2008