Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Don't you remember that it is not easy to guard against the sin to which love drags?
- Undset, Sigrid (translated by Rosa S. de Naveira, collaborator Catalina Roa). Cristina, daughter of Lavrans. Editorial Encuentro, 2010. ISBN 978-84-9920-524-3
Quotes about Sigrid Undset
- In her extensive work, an Iliad of the North, Sigrid Undset has resurrected in a new and visionary light the ideals which once guided our forefathers who built that community from which our Germanic culture derived. To an age in which it may be easier to acknowledge that the right to the greatest happiness is the duty of renunciation - to this age Sigrid Undset has shown the ideals of our forefathers: duty and faithfulness.
- Speech at the banquet celebrating the Nobel Prizes of December 10, 1928.
- Nobel Lectures, Literature 1901-1967, Publisher Horst Frenz, Elsevier Publishing Company , Amsterdam, 1969.