Changes related to "Kepler"
This is a list of changes made recently to pages linked from a specified page (or to members of a specified category). Pages on your watchlist are bold.
10 February 2016
8 February 2016
- (diff | hist) . . Ptolemy; 14:03 . . (+556) . . ELApro (→About Ptolemy: Gow, "A Short History of Greek Mathematics": The trigonometry..is the foundation of a new study which was handed on to other nations..& has thenceforth a continuous history of progress)
6 February 2016
- (diff | hist) . . Johannes Kepler; 20:06 . . (+650) . . ELApro (→Quotes about Kepler: Bell, "The Development of Mathematics": Kepler's laws 22 yrs incessant calculation, without logarithms..Pythagorean faith in..mathematical harmony in nature sustained him..The story..one of the most heroic in science + sort)
- (diff | hist) . . Johannes Kepler; 18:05 . . (+984) . . ELApro (→Quotes about Kepler: Voelkel, "Johannes Kepler..": only 3rd..set of planetary tables in European history..Copernicus' & Ptolemy's were..equally accurate, Kepler's..50 times more so.."There will be few purchasers as always with math works..chaos")
- (diff | hist) . . Johannes Kepler; 14:51 . . (+669) . . ELApro (→Quotes about Kepler: Motz, Weaver, "Conquering Mathematics": Luckily, Napier came on the scene with..logarithms just when..Kepler was deeply immersed in mind-numbing, tedious calculations..in his construction of the orbit of Mars..gift from heaven)
- (diff | hist) . . m Johannes Kepler; 05:59 . . (+49) . . ELApro (→Quotes about Kepler: minor link)
- (diff | hist) . . Johannes Kepler; 05:58 . . (+400) . . ELApro (→Quotes about Kepler: Kasner, "Differential-Geometric Aspects of Dynamics": If Kepler had been a mathematician of the twentieth century, he would have stopped..after noting his first law, and deduced the other two analytically)