Speed 2: Cruise Control
Speed 2: Cruise Control is a 1997 action thriller film produced and directed by Jan de Bont, and released by 20th Century Fox. It is a sequel to Speed. In the film, Bullock is trapped on the Seabourn Legend, an out-of-control luxury cruise liner whose navigation computers were reprogrammed by a computer hacker, setting the ship on a collision course with an oil tanker. The film was a notable failure at the American box office.
- Annie: I've been in worse situations than this, and panic does not help, trust me!
- Annie: Jack, he was never the romantic type. For our anniversary, he gives me pepper spray. PEPPER SPRAY. I think it's perfume. I end up in the emergency room.
- Annie: This night seems almost too perfect.
- Alex: Want me to step on your foot?
- Annie: You already did.
- Alex: Oh, I mean again?
- Annie: Who's ready to party on the big boat besides me?
- Annie: I'll swear, I'm never leaving this house again.
- Annie: Relationships based on extreme circumstances never work out.
- Constance: [to her husband about her nicotine patch] The only way that patch is going to help me is if I roll it and smoke it.
- Merced: We cannot stop the ship!
- Alex: Then we have to slow it down.
- Merced: What are you going to do? Are you going to let the air out of the tires?
- John: How do you like the vacation so far?
- Marifa: Bad luck to run ship over town.
- Maurice: No shit, bad luck! I just bought a condo here!
- Annie: Okay, let's go out on vacation. Where?
- Alex: The Caribbean.
- Annie: Oh, the Caribbean? Do you have a concussion?
- Alex: Go faster.
- Maurice: Give me one good reason!
- Alex: If you don't, I'll throw you over.
- Maurice: That's a good reason.
- Sandra Bullock as Annie Porter
- Jason Patric as Alex Shaw
- Willem Dafoe as John Geiger
- Temuera Morrison as Juliano
- Brian McCardie as Merced
- Mike Hagerty as Harvey
- Collen Camp as Debbie
- Bo Svenson as Captain Pollard
- Enrique Murciano as Alejandro
- Glenn Plummer as Maurice
- Joe Morton (uncredited cameo) as Captain McMahon "Mac"