Speed Racer (2008 film)
Speed Racer is a 2008 American live action film adaptation of the 1960s Japanese anime series of the same name. The story involves an 18-year old in 2118 who is a natural born racer. When his brother dies he's out to prove that won't happen again.
- Can I come with you Rex?
- But the Mach 5's your car!
- Are you going to the track? Mom said you were, you don't have to drop me off, I can just go with you.
- Hey, you wanna see my car collection?
- He was driving a 68 Fendersend, sweet set of wheels.
- I don't know why I do it anymore.
- Get that weak shit off my track!
- If you know so much why don't you tell me why I should keep racing.
- When I'm driving a T-180 I don't know, everything just makes sense.
Racer X/ Rex Racer
- No way Speed, Pops would kill me.
- Hey Speedy.
- If you say so.
- I'm sorry, that's for you to find out. I just hope that when you do, that I'm there to see it.
- Wa-watch the blind side!
- A CIB man will be posted outside your room. You and Trixie should be very careful.
- What's he doing here?
- Do what he'd do. Break his legs and let him walk back.
- Are you kidding? You don't climb into a T-180 to be a driver; you do it because you're driven.
- It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us.
- If I did, it's a mistake I'll have live with.
- Stowaway, we weren't sure what to do with him.
- If we drive tommorow, like we drove today WE LOSE!
- Speed, what are you doing?
- Where have you been?
- Mom: Distracted?
- Speed's Teacher: No, that's not exactly right. Your son seems to be interested in only one thing. All he talks about, all he seems capable of thinking about, is automobile racing.
- Mom: Well, you know, his father designs racing cars.
- Speed's Teacher: And where is your husband?
- Mom: Working. He couldn't be here.
- Speed's Teacher: Perhaps the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree.
- Ben Burns: [to Speed, in the Fuji locker room] Hey, kid.
- Speed: Ben Burns?...
- Ben Burns: Nice race. I ain't seen moves like that in a long time.
- Speed: [pause] Didn't matter. I still lost.
- Ben Burns: Yeah. Tough break.
- Ben Burns: Well. Good luck. [turns to leave]
- Speed: [pause] Mr. Burns, can I ask you something?
- Ben Burns: Sure, kid.
- Speed: The '43 Prix. Did you know you were gonna win?
- Ben Burns: [pause] Y'know, everybody thought that me and Stickleton hated each other. Funny, ain't it?
- Racer X: Are you hurt?
- Taejo: No.
- Racer X: Then get up.
- Speed: [finding him hiding in his truck] Spritle!
- Trixie: You little sneak!
- Spritle: It wasn't my idea!
- Speed: Oh no?
- Spritle: [pointing to his chimp, who points back] It was his.
- Emile Hirsch as Speed Racer
- Nicholas Elia as young Speed Racer
- Christina Ricci as Trixie
- Ariel Winter as young Trixie
- Matthew Fox as Racer X
- Rain as Taejo Togokahn
- John Goodman as Pops Racer
- Susan Sarandon as Mom Racer
- Scott Porter as Rex Racer
- Paulie Litt as Spritle Racer
- Kick Gurry as Sparky
- Nayo Wallace as Minx
- Benno Fürmann as Inspector Detector
- Togo Igawa as Tetsuo Togokahn
- Yu Nan as Horuko Togokahn
- Roger Allam as E.P. Arnold Royalton
- Hiroyuki Sanada as Mr. Musha
- Richard Roundtree as Ben Burns
- John Benfield as Cruncher Block
- Ralph Herforth as Jack "Cannonball" Taylor