Spyro the Dragon
(Redirected from Spyro The Dragon)
Spyro the Dragon is a platform game developed by Insomniac Games for the PlayStation. It stars the title character, a young purple dragon named Spyro, and his dragonfly friend, Sparx, and is the first game in the Spyro the Dragon series.
- 1 Opening
- 2 Artisans
- 3 Peace Keepers
- 4 Magic Crafters
- 5 Beast Makers
- 6 Dream Weavers
- 7 Gnasty's World/Gnorc Gnexus
- 8 Closing
- 9 See Also
- Cameraman: Okay, rolling.
- Astor: Oh! It's been peaceful here in the 5 worlds, or is it 6? ...For a dragons age. We now have 12,000 treasure, or is it 14,000?
- [Spyro chases sheep and headbutts it, while it bleats]
- Cameraman: What about this G-Nasty G-Norc character? Now, I understand he's found a magic spell to turn gems into warriors for his cause.
- Lindar: I'll take that question. Gnasty Gnorc is a simple creature.
- Gnasty Gnorc: Simple?!
- Lindar: He has been contained in a remote world and is no threat to the dragon kingdom.
- Gnasty: No threat?!
- Lindar: Besides, he is ugly.
- Gnorc: UGLY?! That does it! [traps all 80 dragons in crystal, but Spyro avoids the crystal blast]
- Spyro: Looks like I got some things to do!
- Nestor: Thank you for releasing me, Spyro. Free ten dragons in the Artisans world, then find the balloonist. He'll transport you to the next world.
- Spyro: What about Gnasty Gnorc? I'm going after him!
- Nestor: Find dragons first. That's all I can tell you.
- Spyro: Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!
- Delbin: Keep your horns on, Spyro! You have much to learn first! Do you know what the dragonfly following you is doing?
- Spyro: Umm...
- Delbin: His name is Sparx, and he's helping and protecting you. Keep an eye on him, and see what I mean.
- Tomas: Hey, Spyro. Press the jump (X) button twice to glide, and... and don't be afraid.
- Spyro: Afraid... of what?
- Tomas: Falling from high mountain peeks, plummeting into prehistoric glaciers.
- Spyro: [chuckles] Oh, that.
- [before completing all levels]
- Spyro: Cool flash! Do that again!
- Argus: The Artisans boss is through a portal in the dragon mouth. But you are not yet ready, Spyro. First you must complete one of the other Artisans lands.
- [after completing all levels]
- Spyro: Cool flash! Do that again!
- Argus: The Artisans boss is through a portal behind me. You can challenge him now, if you feel you are ready.
- Lindar: When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble. Not that you ever run into trouble, Spyro.
- Astor: After you freed all the dragons, pass through this fancy vortex, uh, thingamajigger. It'll take you back to the Artisans home. But first, let me tell ya a story.
- Spyro: No, thanks. See ya!
- Gavin: Watch the dragonfly, Spyro. His color indicates his power. When he eats butterflies, he stays strong... like me.
- Spyro: Uh, sure.
- Gildas: Spyro, my friend! How about a hint on gliding?
- Spyro: You Bet!
- Gildas: For the longest glide, press the X button at the top of a jump and try pressing the triangle button to drop down in mid-flight.
- Alban: Oh, it's you, I wasn't sure if you'd escape those annoying little creatures. Of course they wouldn't bother me, but here's a hint: Metal armor is fireproof, but a charge attack will take care of them.
- Darius: Big enemies like this Gnorc with the club cannot be charged. But a quick flame, that should defeat them.
- Oswin: Psst, Spyro, want to know a secret? Use the triangle button when you want to zoom in and look around.
- Spyro: Oh, your secret's safe with me.
- Nils: Welcome to Town Square, Spyro. Begin exploring by gliding to that area with the bulls. Use the L2 and R2 buttons to get a good look.
- Devlin: Thanks, Spyro. Ha-ha. I had the worst itch on the tip of my wing. Oh, did you know that you get your longest glides by pressing X at the very top of your jump?
- Alvar: Hmph! Spyro, did you see a man dressed in blue running around here? He's a thief, and he's stolen a dragon egg! You've got to track him down, and get that egg! Run! Run! [wheezes] I'm getting a little winded.
- Thor: Thank you for releasing me.
- Nevin: Gnasty Gnorc has put one of his most devious henchman in charge of the Artisans world.
- Spyro: Bring him on! I think I smell a barbecue!
- Nevin: Be careful, Spyro. This boss has many tricks up his sleeve.
- Titan: Welcome to Peace Keepers, Spyro. Look how our treasure has been turned against us, and stolen! Recover our treasure, Spyro.
- Spyro: Collect treasure. Got it!
- Magnus: Hi, Spyro! Sparx the Dragonfly has been doing a good job protecting you. Make sure to keep him strong by feeding him lots of butterflies.
- Gunnar: Well done, Spyro. Keep up the good work and I know you'll fulfill your destiny!
- Spyro: Destiny? I just want to kick some-
- Gunnar: Just toast those enemies and collect the treasure!
- Conan: Thank you for releasing me.
- Boris: Dry Canyon rewards good gliders. You are a good glider, eh, Spyro?
- Spyro: I was born to glide!
- Boris: Hmph.
- Ivor: Is that you, Spyro? Are you the young dragon I've been hearing so much about? Ever since you were a wee puff of smoke, we've known, ehh...
- Spyro: You've known...?
- Ivor: Ah, I forget.
- Maximos: Incredible glide, Spyro! I thought I'd be stuck in here forever with those ugly vultures standing on my head. Those birds might look tough, but they're pretty tasty. Flame-broiled, with a pinch of salt...
- Spyro: How's a dragon supposed to flame metal armor, anyway?
- Halvor: Remember, Spyro, flame won't harm metal. But charging with your horns, that should do the trick.
- Spyro: Hey, what's on the other side of that river?
- Enzo: Why don't you glide there and find out?
- Marco: You've reached the highest point in Cliff Town. You can get to almost anywhere from here. If I were you, I'd use that whirlwind there.
- Ulric: A word of caution, little one: Wait until you grow big, [clears throat] like me, before charging those large enemies.
- Todor: Psst. Spyro. Some big gnorcs up ahead are wearing armor... and in the Ice Caves, armor can make their feet very slippery!
- Spyro: Hmmm...
- Andor: Thank you for releasing me.
- Asher: Thank you for releasing me.
- Ragnar: You've done well, Spyro. Some dragons thought you weren't ready, but I knew they were wrong.
- Spyro: I'm ready, all right! Ready for what?
- Trondo: This guy thinks he's so cool! You don't know what it's been like listening to him over and over, but I'll tell ya one thing: He should watch his back.
- Cosmos: Welcome to Magic Crafters. I want you to release the dragons, reclaim our treasure, and recover the eggs from those pesky blue thieves.
- Zantor: When you see arrows like these, you can charge along with them to begin a supercharge.
- Spyro: Supercharge? Excellent!
- Zantor: Go ahead, try it.
- Boldar: This portal leads to a special place where you can learn to fly. I remember, when I was a young dragon, earning my wings.
- Spyro: Learn to fly. Got it!
- Zane: Spyro, you're not afraid of those big, noisy, gigantic, awful beasts, are you?
- Spyro: Of course not!
- Zane: I didn't think so.
- Eldrid: Thank you for releasing me.
- Zander: Great work, Spyro! If you keep this up, you'll learn all the tricks of the Magic Crafter world.
- Kelvin: Remember that these blue thieves haven't stolen eggs only in the Magic Crafter world.
- Spyro: Don't worry, I'll take care of them!
- Cyrus: Please do something about these green druids, they insist on moving everything in sight!
- Spyro: I hate those bugs. When I become big and strong, like you, I'll squash 'em all.
- Ajax: Until then, remember that supercharge makes you invincible.
- Cedric: Try combining supercharge with jumping and gliding...and really explore the High Caves!
- Jarvis: Welcome to Wizard Peaks. This is my favorite supercharge spot. Use it to bash those wizards!
- Hexus: Thank you for releasing me.
- Lucas: Listen carefully, Spyro. There's a secret area in the Artisan home. It is at the waterfall. Try jumping on the stones there.
- Spyro: Artisan home, waterfall. Sounds good!
- Altair: Thanks for releasing me, Spyro. You have no idea how long I've been trapped in crystal. And, uh, neither do I. Who are you again?
- Spyro: Uh, I'm outta here!
- Bruno: Gnasty Gnorc is turning our swamp in an electrified junk heap! And it used to be so beautiful...
- Spyro: I'm sure it was.
- Cleetus: Spyro, it's great to see you, but I've got to go!
- Claude: Watch out, Spyro. The Gnorcs in these parts have discovered the power of electricity... and it really stings!
- Cyprin: Good job, Spyro, one day you'll be able to tell all the dragons about your amazing adventures.
- Spyro: Sure... but what I'd really like to do is get out of this swamp!
- Rosco: Be on the lookout for attack frogs, they're cold-blooded killers!
- Spyro: Attack... frogs?
- Rosco: And this used to be such a nice swamp!
- Damon: Thanks for releasing me. It seems like I've been trapped in here since I was your age.
- Spyro: Oh, no.
- Damon: Why, I remember–
- Spyro: Uh, gotta go!
- Zeke: Thank you for releasing me.
- Bubba: I tell you what to do with those creatures... smash them, Spyro! Stamp them out and squish them and squash them! Hahaha – !
- Spyro: "Hah, hah." How about... charge them and flame them? We are dragons, after all.
- Lyle: Greetings, Spyro! For an amazing tour of the Tree Tops, don't just stop at one supercharge.
- Spyro: Oh!
- Issak: Spyro, if you jump at the end of a supercharge ramp, you can really go far!
- Spyro: I'm all over it!
- Jed: That was quite a ride, Spyro! You've learned a lot since you were a young glider.
- Spyro: Yeah, well you could've found an easier spot to get stuck!
- Sadiki: This big robot is all charged up to meet you. Attacking the power poles should disrupt its power supply.
- Lateef: Welcome to the Dream Weavers, young one. While chasing Gnasty's minions in this world, you must expect the unexpected, and prepare for what is not there.
- Zikomo: Hello Spyro, nicely done.
- Spyro: I'll be done when I've toasted that Gnasty Gnorc!
- Mazi: The fools you see in this world are invincible. But that does not mean they shouldn't be attacked.
- Spyro: Sounds all right to me!
- Kasiya: The enemies here can be quite frightening, but you should watch the fools.
- Spyro: I'd rather flame the fools!
- Kasiya: Now you're thinking!
- Azizi: Thank you for releasing me.
- Bakari: You know, I think you just might be the dragon to defeat Gnasty Gnorc!
- Spyro: That's me, all right!
- Apara: Oh thanks, Spyro! I'd love to help you catch Gnasty, but I'd really hate being trapped in crystal again.
- Spyro: Don't worry, the only one who is going to be trapped is him!
- Obasi: Thank you for releasing me.
- Mudada: Fairies are always on your side, Spyro.
- Baruti: Thank you for releasing me.
- Useni: Ah, Spyro, thanks. Supercharge will get you to new places here in Lofty Castle, too. See where it takes you.
- Kosoko: Hey Spyro, all dragons know there's magic in a fairy's kiss. See what it can do to your power of flame.
- Spyro: Hold your horns, here comes Spyro!
- Lutalo: Patience, little one. You'll soon have the opportunity to battle the one who matters most...Gnasty Gnorc!
- Copano: You've become a master of the supercharge. Great work.
- Spyro: Any advice before this...battle?
- Revilo: Advice. Hmm. A wise dragon once told me, "Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."
- Spyro: [confused] Huh?
- Unika: Thank you for releasing me.
Gnasty's World/Gnorc Gnexus
- Spyro: Hey, didn't I already free you?
- Delbin: You're in Gnasty's World now, Spyro, and you are the dragon that must defeat him.
- Spyro: Bring him on, I'm ready!
- Delbin: Reach the exit in each of Gnasty's lands. Then you can challenge the Gnorc himself.
- [After Gnasty is defeated]
- Spyro: Gnasty's ancient history now. So, what's in there?
- Magnus: I believe this is Gnasty's treasure hoard. But the gate will not open until you have found everything in the Dragon Kingdom. Come back when you have reached 100%.
- Lateef: Keep up the good work, Spyro. I expect Gnasty's really starting to worry about you.
- Spyro: I'd be shaking in my gnorc boots if I were him.
- Tomas: Wow! I never thought I'd be rescued, especially by such a little dragon. Uh... wh-what I mean is... I always believed in you, Spyro!
- Spyro: You gotta believe!
- Cosmos: Thank you for releasing me.
- Cleetus: Be on the lookout for gnorc commandos, Spyro.
- Spyro: They better be on the lookout for me.
- Spyro: You're toast, Gnorc! [chuckles]
- Spyro: Sorry, I took so long. I kinda forgot about you.
- Cameraman: What about Gnasty Gnorc?
- Spyro: Gnasty Gnorc..is toast!
- Cameraman: So, now there's order again in the Dragon Kingdom?
- Spyro: Well, mostly. I've still got some treasure to pick up.
- Cameraman: What will you do next?
- Spyro: I'd say the sky's the limit.
- Cameraman: Spyro the Dragon, you've defeated Gnasty Gnorc, collected the dragon eggs, saved all the dragons, and recovered every bit of treasure in the dragon kingdom. How do you feel?
- Spyro: I feel fired up, Bob, and I'm happy for the dragon worlds, of course. I certainly won't want to spend the rest of my dragon days butting heads with Gnasty Gnorc and his weird minions.
- Cameraman: What's a minion?
- Spyro: Uh, never mind. You know what they say: "For every good battle, you need a good adversary." And I felt that Gnasty, in spite of his misguided nature, was a worthy opponent. [The dragons turn to crystal again] Uh-oh. Here we go again!