(Redirected from T1)
- [reciting message that John made him memorize] Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to tell you that the future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.
- John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time. It was very old—torn, faded. You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve... I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have.
- You're terminated, motherfucker!
- [recording a tape for her future son] The hardest thing is deciding what to tell you and what not to. But I guess I've got a while yet before you're old enough to even understand these tapes. They're more for me at this point so I can get it all straight.... Should I tell you about your father? Boy, that's a tough one. Will it affect your decision to send him here, knowing that he is your father? If you don't send Kyle, you can never be. God, a person could go crazy thinking about this. I suppose I will tell you. I owe him that. Maybe it'll help if you know that, in the few hours we had together, we loved a lifetime's worth.
- Terminator: The 12-gauge auto-loader.
- Clerk: That's Italian. You can go pump or auto.
- Terminator: The .45 long slide, with laser sighting.
- Clerk: These are brand new - we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
- Terminator: Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.
- Clerk: Hey, just what you see pal.
- Terminator: The Uzi nine millimeter.
- Clerk: You know your weapons, buddy. Any one of these is ideal for home defense. So uh, which will it be?
- Terminator: All.
- Clerk: I may close early today. There's a 15 day wait on the hand guns but the rifles you can take right now, and you have to fill these out too. [Terminator loads slugs into shotgun] You can't do that.
- Terminator: Wrong. [shoots clerk]
- Kyle: The Terminator's an infiltration unit, part man, part machine. Underneath, it's a hyper-alloy combat chassis - micro processor-controlled, fully armored. Very tough. But outside, it's living human tissue - flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs.
- Sarah: Look, Reese. I don't know what you're-
- Kyle: Pay attention! I gotta ditch this car. [parks car] The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy. But these are new, they look human. Sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.
- Sarah: Look, I am not stupid, you know. They cannot make things like that yet!
- Kyle: Not yet, not for about 40 years.
- Sarah: [disbelieving] Are you saying it's from the future?
- Kyle: One possible future. From your point of view. I don't know tech stuff.
- Sarah: Then you're from the future too - is that right?
- Kyle: Right.
- Sarah: Right. [they struggle together, she bites his hand in her attempt to escape]
- Kyle: Cyborgs don't feel pain. I do. Don't do that again.
- Sarah: Just let me go!
- Kyle: Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
- Sarah: Reese. Why me? Why's it want me?
- Kyle: There was a nuclear war. A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone. There were survivors. Here, there. Nobody even knew who started it. It was the machines, Sarah.
- Sarah: I don't understand.
- Kyle: Defense network computers. New... powerful... hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination.
- Sarah: Did you see this war?
- Kyle: No. I grew up after. In the ruins... starving... hiding from H-K's.
- Sarah: H-K's?
- Kyle: Hunter-Killers: patrol machines built in automated factories. Most of us were rounded up, put into camps for orderly disposal. [pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a mark] This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah... your unborn son.
- Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced? Don't you have, uh, ray guns? Show me a piece of future technology.
- Kyle: You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.
- Dr. Silberman: Why?
- Kyle: I didn't build the fucking thing!
- Dr. Silberman: Okay, okay. But this cyborg, if it's metal—
- Kyle: Surrounded by living tissue!
- Dr. Silberman: Right. Now, why were the other two women killed?
- Kyle: Most of the records were lost in the war. Skynet knew almost nothing about Connor's mother. Her full name, where she lives. They just knew the city. The Terminator was just being systematic.
- Dr. Silberman: Uh-huh. Okay, now let's get back to—
- Kyle: Look! You've heard enough! I have answered your questions! Now I have to see Sarah Connor!
- Dr. Silberman: I'm afraid that's not up to me.
- Kyle: Then why am I talking to you? Who is in authority here?
- Dr. Silberman: Please, I—
- Kyle: Shut up! [glares the camera] You still don't get it, do you?! He'll find her! That's what he does! It's all he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you, reach down her throat, and pull her fucking heart out!!
- Terminator: I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?
- Desk Sergeant: No, you can't see her. She's making a statement.
- Terminator: Where is she?
- Desk Sergeant: It may take a while. Want to wait? There's a bench over there.
- Terminator: [looks around, examining the structural integrity of the room, then looks back at him] I'll be back.
- The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind has raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present. Tonight.
- The thing that won't die, in the nightmare that won't end.
- Your future is in his hands.
- In the Year of Darkness, 2029, the rulers of this planet devised the ultimate plan. They would reshape the Future by changing the Past. The plan required something that felt no pity. No pain. No fear. Something unstoppable. They created 'THE TERMINATOR'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator
- Michael Biehn - Kyle Reese
- Linda Hamilton - Sarah Connor
- Paul Winfield - Lieutenant Ed Traxler
- Lance Henriksen - Detective Hal Vukovich
- Bess Motta - Ginger Ventura
- Earl Boen - Dr. Peter Silberman
- Rick Rossovich - Matt Buchanan
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Terminator Salvation
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles