* (cur) (last) 09:47, 25 August 2005 MosheZadka (merge -> Age) * (cur) (last) 12:18, 16 August 2005 MosheZadka (intro, wp, stub, fmt) * (cur) (last) 11:07, 9 May 2005 Aphaia m * (cur) (last) 19:28, 10 October 2004 DW m
Possibly unnotable quotes
I've moved the following from the main page, because the quotees did not have a wikipedia or a wikiquote page. If there is evidence of notability, add it here, on a wp page or a wq page, and restore quote. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 10:36, 21 October 2005 (UTC)
- "If life begins at 40, what is it that ends at 39?"
- "Old is when you're dead."
All quotees currently have a linked page on wikiquote. If you add quotes by people who do not have either an wq or a wikipedia page, please make sure to wikilink to the non-existing wq page (a redlink), and add some note on the quotee here, so notability will be evident. Alternatively, create the wq page. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 11:41, 21 October 2005 (UTC)
- Age has a good mind and sorry shanks.
- Alonso of Aragon was wont to say in commendation of age, that age appears to be best in four things, —- old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
- I believe the true function of age is memory. I'm recording as fast as I can.
- A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
- Growing old is no more than a bad habbit which a busy man has no time to form.
- André Maurois, quoted in The Aging American.
- An old man loved is winter with flowers.
- I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
- Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs.
- The whole business of marshaling one's energies becomes more and more important as one grows older.
- There are only three ages for women in Hollywood — Babe, District Attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy.
- Times go by: reputation increases, ability declines.
- To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am.
- We are always the same age inside.
- When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch.
- When you become senile, you won't know it.
- When young we are faithful to individuals, when older we grow loyal to situations and to types.
- When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old.
- You will become a hypocrite, you'll become a liar. You'll try and paper up your own cracks... and that's what being an adult is all about. Then you have babies and... that's it. Sorry!
- Your life only tips into old age if regrets begin to outnumber dreams.
- Peter Baskerville
- My secret to a long, healthy life is to always keep working. It keeps me busy and happy, and gives me a reason to stay alive.
- Johannes Heesters (Dutch-German actor, singer, entertainer and media-personality, worlds oldest living performer).
- Age before beauty.
- Age brings wisdom, but pain brings understanding.
- Age is a bad traveling companion.
- To be mature is to accept imperfections
- Fortune cookie
- Age is nothing but a number
- Dove Chocolate Promise Message
- There are no charms or medicine against old age.
- Anonymous, quoted in The Journal of Negro History, Edited by Carter G. Woodson, Volume 1 Number 1 (1916).