-I think that's very uncomplete, there only are song lyrics. Why there aren't, for example, sentences from interwievs?-HTriana
bob marley was important for his music
he played guitar and sang, was a song writer, and a reggae legand
hey can someone source these quotes? Maybe they're not all legitimate
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Bob Marley.
- The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness.
- On stage at "Smile Jamaica" concert, when asked how he could perform when he was shot two days earlier
- A little wine sometimes. Spirits are bad, alcohol wrong. Herb does grow.
- Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.
- Every man think his burden is the heaviest, who feels it knows it, lord.
- Football is a whole skill to itself. A whole world. A whole universe to itself. Me love it because you have to be skillful to play it. Freedom! Football is freedom.
- Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect – and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers… Make sure your hands are clean.
- Love the life you live, live the life you love.
- You can cure racism and hate by injecting music and love into people’s lives.
- Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. (He never said this and I don't know where this started)
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
- Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
I've just read that "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind" from the Redemption Song originally were Marcus Garveys words (http://www.rasta-man-vibration.com/marcus-garvey.html). Does anyone know if this is true and if it should be mentioned? --18.104.22.168 15:29, 30 June 2012 (UTC)Judy