Talk:E. M. Forster
Illustrating in the name of who?
Why is the E M Forster quotation page full of 'themed' images? Doesn't this rather cheapen the content? And isn't the choice of images extremely personal and perspectival? I recommend deleting these images which give the impression of a children's encyclopædia.
- I completely agree. Viriditas (talk) 00:23, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- I dislike the images too, as well as the selection of quotations put in their captions, but looks like they're a (de facto) standard on this wiki (although not in Wikiquote in other languages). Nemo 19:25, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to E. M. Forster. --Antiquary 11:02, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Nonsense and beauty have close connections.
- Unless we remember we cannot understand.
- People have their own deaths as well as their own lives, and even if there is nothing beyond death, we shall differ in our nothingness.
- Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
Betraying my country and betraying my friend
As far as I know it is "guts" and not "decency":
If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.
--Nitpit0 16:02, 2 March 2010 (UTC)