Talk:Gordon H. Smith
(Redirected from Talk:Gordon Smith)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As a Republican, I voted with President Clinton consistently in our efforts to bail out our European friends in Kosovo to stop genocide. I am proud of those votes. I am proud of President Clinton for that.
- From the American retelling of Romeo and Juliet in West Side Story to the Japanese adaptation of King Lear in Ran, Shakespeare's cultural influence is virtually limitless.
- I believe that the Government's first duty is to defend its citizens, to defend them against the harms that come out of hate.
- I do not know that there is a more certain sound than Senator Kennedy. I cannot imagine a more uncertain sound than Senator Kerry.
- I have concluded that the U.N. can do a few things well.
- Multipolarity is not a policy goal, it's a recipe for disaster.
- Newspapers across the country and the world have published cartoons that have gone beyond reasonable differences of opinion and expanded into the realm of anti-Semitism.
- The only way to ensure that our promise to provide every opportunity for students with disabilities, and help them achieve their full potential, is to give our schools the dollars they need.
- We have a rare and perhaps small window of opportunity to set partisan differences aside, and attempt to achieve what many in recent years have felt was unreachable - greater retirement security for ourselves and our children.
- We have some control over when we retire. However, we have very little control over how long we will live.
- We cannot have tomorrow's miracles if we tie scientists' hands with yesterday's rules.