Talk:John D. Rockefeller
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These quotes seem to combine various quotes form both John D. (Senior) and (Junior)
- These should be provided with sources before being moved back into the article.
- I can think of nothing less-pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.
- Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient become independent of it.
- The American Beauty Rose can be produced in the splendor and fragrance which bring cheer to its beholder only by sacrificing the early buds which grow up around it. This is not an evil tendency in business. It is merely the working-out of a law of nature and a law of God.
- I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living.
- I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.
- Competition is a sin, therefore you must destroy it.
- Do you know the only thing that gives me pleasure? It's to see my dividends coming in.
- I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts.
- With perseverance, anything and everything, whether right or wrong, good or bad, is achievable and can be conquered.
- Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.