The Citroen Ad
In my opinion the voice-over sounds like German dubber Frank Glaubrecht. He is the voice for Pierce Brosnan.
Quote from the article: "[...] I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. [...]". Where is "here"? The US? Europe, other than England? --Kooo (account in wp)
- The quote you are referring to was from a news conference in Chicago. I am about to add that info now. ~ Achilles 00:51, 8 Dec 2004 (UTC)
The "genius quote" I just added was sourced from <http://quotes.prolix.nu/Authors/?John_Lennon>. -Barry, MN, USA
I cut out all but one of the quotes from 'Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" I think that only one is really relevant. If anyone disagrees, go ahead and tack the lyrics back on there.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to John Lennon. --Antiquary 21:02, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'll probably be popped off by some loony.
- His reply when asked in the 1960's how he expected he would die.
- See quote under Lyrics, "Come Together" Anthology 3.
- I might have been born in Liverpool — but I grew up in Hamburg!
- If all politicians were like Pierre Trudeau, there would be world peace.
- "New York is what Rome used to be." he told biographer Ray Coleman.
- If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'.
- Love means having to say you're sorry every fifteen minutes.
- Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
- If someone thinks that peace and love is just a cliche that must have been left behind in the sixties, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal.
- Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
- I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?
- "My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all." - John Lennon.
- "We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once." -John Lennon
- "Why don't people believe us when we say we're simply in love?" -John Lennon
- "Everything is clearer when you're in love." -John Lennon
- " Before Yoko and I met, we were half a person. You know there's an old myth about people being half and the other half being in the sky, or in heaven or on the other side of the universe or a mirror image. But we are two halves, and together we're a whole." -John Lennon
- "It was like being in the eye of a hurricane. You'd wake up in a concert and think, Wow, how did I get here?" -John Lennon
- " The idea of being a rock and roll musician sort of suited my talents and mentality. The freedom was great, but then I found out I wasn't free. I'd got boxed in...The whole Beatle thing is just beyond comprehension ... subconsciously I was crying for help." -John Lennon
- "When real music comes to me - the music of the spheres, the music that surpasses understanding - that has nothing do with me, cause I'm just the channel. The only joy for me is for it to be given to me, and to transcribe it like a medium... those moments are what I live for." - John Lennon
- " I always was a rebel...but on the other hand, I wanted to be loved and accepted...and not just be a loudmouth, lunatic, poet, musician. But I cannot be what I am not." -John Lennon
- "My defences were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn't know how to cry. Simple. " -John Lennon
- "I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." -John Lennon
- "If someone thinks that love and peace is a clichè that must have been left behind us in the sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." -John Lennon
- "When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." -John Lennon
- I will search for sources. Kasaalan 12:39, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- "When I was five years old, my Mom told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life"
- Can't find reliable source for that one --Neo139 00:19, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- I can't find any reliable connection to Lennon either. It seems to be a meme of recent, 21st century vintage. ~ Ningauble 13:31, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Knowing anything at all about John's early life, it's impossible that he said this quote.
- "We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight". Many, many online mentions, all unsourced. --184.108.40.206 19:16, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- (Ringo)'s not even the best drummer in the beatles - unsourced, and strongly disputed by Mark Lewisohn
is this a bona fide genuine Lennon quote? time and place?
- "Once they have got you violent, they know how to handle you." -- Lennon
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” -- Lennon
- No, not a Lennon quote. See: http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/07/22/smiles-not-tears/