Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Michael Jackson.
- Success definitely brings on loneliness. People think you're lucky, that you have everything. They think you can go anywhere and do anything, but that's not the point. One hungers for the basic stuff.
- The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation.
- Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth."
- Whatever I sing, that's what I really mean. Like, I'm singing a song, I don't sing it if I don't mean it.
- Personally, I liked to be called Pop Eye Carmichael Jackson. It reminds me of my childhood.
- There's nothing that can't be done if we raise our voice as one.
Dancing and performing
- I love the whole world of dance, because dancing is really the emotions through bodily movement. And however you feel, you just bring out that inner feeling through your mood. A lot of people don't think about the importance of it, but there's a whole psychological thing to just letting loose. Dancing is important, like laughing, to back off tension. Escapism...it's great.
- When I get on stage, I don't know what happens. It feels so good, it's like the safest place in the world for me.
- I'm totally at home on the stage. That's where I live. That's where I was born. That's where I'm safe.
- I'm happy to be alive I'm happy to be who I am.
- It’s like when a mother sends her child off to war, they don’t know if they’re ever gonna come back, you know? how can we look at such things happening, and not, you know, want to do something? how can we turn our heads and pretend as if we don’t see it? you know? i can’t see people in pain and pretend as if it’s not there.
- Know what I also love? Mannequins. I guess I want to bring them to life. I like to imagine talking to them. You know what I think it is? Yeah, I think I'll say it. I think I'm accompanying myself with friends I never had. I probably have two friends. And I just got them. Being an entertainer, you just can't tell who is your friend. And they see you so differently. A star instead of a next-door neighbor. That's what it is. I surround myself with people that want to be my friends. And I can do that with mannequins. I'll talk to them.
- I sit there and say, 'Please don't call me up, I am too shy.' But once I get up there, I take control of myself. Being onstage is magic. There's nothing like it. You feel the energy of everybody who's out there. You feel it all over your body. When the lights hit you, it's all over, I swear it is.
- Snakes are very misunderstood. Snakes, I suggest, may be the oldest victims of bad press.
- I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily.
- I feel guilty just sitting around when I know I can be doing something.
- When I was a kid, I was denied not only a childhood, but I was denied love. When I reached out to hug my father, he didn't hug me back. When I was scared on an airplane, he didn't put his arm around me and say, "Michael, don't worry. It's going to be OK." When I was scared to go on stage, he said, "get your ass on that stage." … I will never deny a child love. If it means that I have to be crucified or put in jail for it, then that's just what they're going to have to do.
- Remark to producer Cory Rooney, as repeated to Chris Yandek.
- David Blaine your magic is real and I believe in you.
Quotes about Jackson (unsourced)
- I kinda felt like no-one understands what a good father he was.
- He made the best French toast in the world.
- He was the best cook ever.
- I sometimes do improvs...well I used to do them with my Dad.
- (In response to: 'Did you appreciate or like being behind the veil or mask at the time?) I appreciated it. It wasn't always comfortable but, yeah. (It was to protect you?) Yeah.
- (Her favourite memory of her father) I'd have to say spending some 'quality time' away from the two just me and him. One time we went on the roof when we were in Las Vegas of our house and we just saw the Luxor lights, all the city the lights, and we were eating Snickers and we had some soda...
- He tried to raise us without knowing who he has was, but that didn't really go so well.
- (In response to: What kind of a dad was he? Was he a strict disciplinarian or could you get away with anything with him?) He was strict.
- (When you would have quality time what would you do?) Sometimes he would take me to an art museum, because we both loved art. We would do like a lot, we would, as a family we would play tag outside. And he got us Kenya (a brown labrador) four years ago.
- I never saw any songs he wrote, but I always knew he could. there was an instrumental hit out, "love is blue", in about 1970 (Michael was 12 years old). He came in one day and asked me about this section of the song he found interesting. So I showed it to him on piano. He couldn´t play, but he was able to pick it out with one finger on the piano. He was able to learn this part and would sit there picking it out. There is a certain talent that goes with writing a song, and I could see he had it
- Freddie Perren(songwriter)
- I think Michael Jackson is the best entertainer to ever walk this planet. He dances, sings and writes songs. He is one true legend.
- Ashley Todd
- When God was giving out talent, He gave all of it to Michael Jackson.
- He is what every artist looks up to...to be... one time become the next King of Pop.
- Michael I believed in you when you, were a little kid, I believe in you now and I'll never stop believing in you!
- He taught us so much and it's such a blessing.
- When Michael Jackson sings it is with the voice of angels, and when his feet move, you can see God dancing.
- All this stuff about Michael being a weirdo — it's a pile of goddamn... I've recorded a whole lot of these pop-musicians and this guy's the straightest of the goddamn lot.
- I'd be proud to have that kid (Michael) as my son any day.
- There isn’t an artist out now that hasn't been influenced or inspired by Michael Jackson. [He's] as close to perfection as an artist can be.
- Michael is a genius, a creative being in a whole other reality...
- Michael is magic and all magic people are somehow eccentric. Michael is one of the most lovable, kind and natural people I've ever known. I took him deeply to my heart. I would do everything for him and he would do everything for me.
- He is a very smart cookie, Michael. He knows what he wants, he knows what he is doing. I have nothing but admiration. Also, he is a very kind person.
- Ethics can be argued. You may think it's right. I may think it's wrong. The law is there to decide if it's allowed. Period. Yes. I would have bought the Beatles publishing rights if I had the opportunity.
- Everybody wants to be near Michael. Every celebrity wants to meet Michael. He's the King of Pop for a reason. He's a mystery.
- Michael is a generous, honest, and sensitive human being, filled with amazing insight and the capacity for love. If this is weird, I want to go live on another planet.
- Karen Faye
- He's a gifted dancer, singer, and performer. He's always had a wonderful spirit about him.
- Michael Jackson is the King of Pop.
- My feelings about Michael Jackson are simple: I think that he's a human being like everyone else and I'm a huge fan of him.
- He's my biggest influence...
- He may know something none of us really know. Let's just wait it out. You just never know. Let's just make a home for him.
- I've said it before, The '80s were ours.
- Michael is the wisest and at the same time most naive person I know.
- All that I know comes from Michael Jackson.
- There are two kinds of people in this world: Michael Jackson fans and losers.
- The thing about Michael is he's hands down one of the most professional, most talented performers I have ever worked with. All the brouhaha aside, when it comes down to it you can have 60 choreographed dancers up there and you know which one Michael is.
- Michael Jackson is still the king of pop. He has not abdicated the throne, nor has he been usurped.
- Michael's a natural. He's a very hard worker and a super performer. But most of all he's a real human being.
- But when I heard "I Want You Back"I was inspired. I wanted to sing like Michael, to be like Mike.
- You always just dream of meeting him, let alone working with him. I wouldn't have believed it.
- I just wanted to say, ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you can ever imagine and I just wanted to say I love him so much.
- Paris Katherine Jackson at Michael's Memorial
- We had him. Beautiful, delighting our eyes... He gave us all he had been given... We are missing Michael Jackson. But we do know, we had him — and we are the world.
- Maya Angelou's Poem, "We Had Him" as read by Queen Latifah
- Wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with!
- The Rev. Al Sharpton to Michael's children at his memorial
- He always wanted to just bring people together… And the concept came about holding hands, like uniting, making this long chain, people getting together…that connection as one. … "This life don’t last forever" (verse from song) ... you gotta make the best of it and leave something behind that people can really cherish.
- Akon, on the unreleased song "Hold My Hand" (not a verifiable, published source)
- You're an angry dancer. There's rage in your feet.
- Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him...so much.
- Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)
- Maybe now Michael, they will leave you alone.
- Marlon Jackson, Michael Jackson memorial, Jul 7, 2009
- There was nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with, but he dealt with it.
- Reverend Al Sharpton to Michael's children, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)
- He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick. One night in London he wanted to see some homeless people. He sent them loads of pizzas in secret. The guy had a good heart.
- Matt Fiddes, former Bodyguard, on his Twitter Page
- This guy had the biggest heart of anybody and really really did care about improving the human condition, especially for children, and that was part of his mission. While he was on tour, he always wanted to know what he could do in each place, so that when he left, he left a place better, having been there … and how many people can you say that about?”
- Kenny Ortega, producer, director, choreographer
- Now the King of Pop must bow his knee to the King of Kings.
- Rev. Lucious Smith, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)
Most of those quotes aren´t unsourced, and they are all good to portray the personality of MJ. Please stop deleting them, because I am going to put them again... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- They most certainly are unsourced: They do not cite any published sources at all. Please stop adding them back to the article without providing reliable and precise sources. ~ Ningauble 18:17, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Ok, you want sources? here you have some:
Quotes requiring editorial work
- However you felt about the man, whatever your opinions are, I believe we—as a people—should make a rule that once you die … whatever derisive nickname that we used for you, it dies with you. So can we stop calling him 'Jacko' now? … After you die, can a brother get a 'Mr. Jackson'?
- Intro - RIP Jacko Nickname. The Daily Show official website. (2009-06-29).
- Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him...so much.
- Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's memorial service (7 July 2009)*.
I agree with Vilho that "Singer-songwriter" tells that he's a singer and songwriter. We don't need unnecessary categories.
Why is there no discussion about this on the talkpage?
- Singer-songwriters are musicians who write, compose and perform their own musical material, including lyrics and melodies. A songwriter is a musician who professionally composes musical compositions and writes lyrics for songs. If you think the category is unnecessary and no need to maintain two categories for the same purpose you should nominate it for deletion. Akhiljaxxn (talk) 11:28, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
The subject already covered on the bottom. and what else you need to add?. I think we have a duty to keep tabloid sensationalism to a minimum and keep the page focused on his musicianship and legacy, which is at the center of his notability. Unless you can produce mainstream journalism that indicates these allegations found wrong on the court of law as notable as his musical career. Akhiljaxxn (talk) 11:42, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
- It is not mentioned in the bottom. Tabloid sensationalism? Akhiljaxxn, you have persistently and blatantly whitewashed quotes about child sex abuse and Leaving Neverland from this article, even with edit-warring.
- But it demonstrably received far, far more attention in reliable sources than anything related to Michael Jackson in a decade, and had a profound impact on how his legacy is assessed. Leaving Neverland should be in the article. The film is a major piece of contemporary discussions of Jackson. The film obviously is an important event in the history of Jackson and his legacy with the film having won 3 film awards, having a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, being positively reviewed in Vanity Fair and the Washington Post, and ongoing legal action by the Jackson estate against the film's publisher. Leaving Neverland should be covered as a significant turn in the narrative of child sexual abuse allegations which is a major part of his biographical narrative.
- Trying to shut down, whitewash and censor quotes about Jackson's sexual abuse based on claims of " tabloid sensationalism" is really inappropriate and tasteless from Akhiljaxxn and Akhiljaxxn's socks or meatpuppets. --დამოკიდებულება (talk) 10:50, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- Trying to censor the falsely accused not here to defend himself by referring to likely false allegations and admitted perjurers, as victims is precisely the reason for the world’s overcrowded prisons and innocent people on death row. Tabloid sensationalism is what it is. This discussion is being turned into a forum. That is what Wikipedia is not. Akhil presents very valid points. Leaving Neverland died in 2019. The impact, or lack thereof, to Jackson’s legacy was minor and temporary. Focus need to be on things that actually matter. TruthGuardians (talk) 03:09, 13 May 2020 (UTC)