Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Some people say that you should go to all the parties, to the nightclubs, the Viper Room, and make contacts, and I look at them and say, 'You don't want to have contacts with those people.' Look at what happened to River Phoenix (who died in 1993 of a drug overdose outside the Viper Room). If you get caught up in that, it ruins you. Hollywood is garbage.
- Surfing soothes me, it's always been a kind of zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome. The rest of the world disappears for me when I'm on a wave.
- I'm into being a dad, that's where my focus is most of the time. I'm an actor that's my job, but it's not my life. I have a lot of other interests too.
- I'm a dreamer. I've got this whole thing where I think I'm supposed to be a musician. I live by the seat of my pants, but I'd like to think that I'm also pretty sensible.
- I want to get married. I think about it a lot. But I also think about my cars, so maybe my priorities aren't exactly in line just yet.
- The guys I respect are the guys who manage it well. You hear about the scandal in the industry. I was raised Mormon, and I went to Christian high school, and I thought it would be impossible to have a family, so for that reason I was reluctant to be a part of it because I thought it meant sacrificing all that.
- If one day the speed kills me, don't cry because I was smiling.
- I live by 'Go big or go home.' That's with everything. It's like either commit and go for it or don't do it at all. I apply that to everything. I apply that to relationships, I apply that to like sports, I apply that to everything. That's what I live by. That's how I like it.
- The Journey is more important to me now. There's no guarantee, no matter what. We get one run in life.
- I'm a christian now....I go surfing and snowboarding and i'm always around nature. I look at everything and think, "Who couldn't believe there's a god? Is all this a mistake? It just blows me away"
- You put Goodwill out there, it's amazing what can be accomplished. (2010)