Jump to navigation Jump to search
Random awesomeness, or awesome randomness
I made a tiny edit to this page (just formatting). To do that, I had to log in. Clicked the login button up the top, entered user name and password, and was given the following:
- You are now logged in to Wikiquote as "Rosuav".
- Logging you in to projects of the Wikimedia Foundation:
- Return to Power.
Yeah, I'd like that!! :D
Rosuav 01:19, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Published sources should be provided before moving these back into the article
- The strong rules and the weak are their slaves - and no one is stronger than me.
- Cole Macgrath - inFamous
- Power is the type of thing most people don't think about, until it's taken away.
- [Author?], "Mary Alice" (off voice), Desperate Housewives. Season 3, Episode 19: God, that's good.
- If power was bricks then politics would be the Great Wall of China
- 'And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations' (Revelation 2:26). I see myself on a throne. Why should a throne be made of gold and velvet? Can it not as well be the few planks of a prisoner's bed? Men have given a certain kind of chair the name of "throne". I can give this name to any other object I please. From this my throne I decide about nations.
- Richard Wurmbrand, If Prison Walls Could Speak (1972)
- The struggle of humanity against power is the struggle of remembering against forgetting.
- It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
- ^ Inspired by:
- Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect all who seek it.
- If absolute power corrupts absolutely, does absolute powerlessness make you pure?
- The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else!
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
- Power is when you have every justification to kill and you don't.
- Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
- Those who cannot love want power.
- Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power.
- The desire of power in excess caused the angels to fall.
- Even in war, moral power is to physical as three parts out of four.
- Grab power and abuse it, or suffer at the hands of it.
- The less power a man has, the more he likes to use it.
- The greater a man is in power above others, the more he ought to excel them in virtue. None ought to govern who is not better than the governed.
- It is an observation no less just than common, that there is no stronger test of a man's real character than power and authority, exciting, as they do, every passion, and discovering every latent vice.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- The real test of character is how you treat someone who has no possibility of doing you any good.