Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Ramones.
- "Punk is right wing!"
- "Radio is like television all they want to do is push crap on the public"
- "It really worked when he got to a slower song like 'Danny Says' the production really worked tremendously. 'Rock 'N' Roll Radio' is really good. For the harder stuff, it didn't work as well."
-On working with Phil Spector for the album End of the Century.
- "Hey, up yours, Springfield!"
-Said to an audience when he appeared in the Simpsons.
- "I think Ronald Reagan was the best President of my lifetime."
- "God bless President Bush, and God bless America."
- "I enjoyed my life when I had nothing... and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me."
- "Grass is for smoking not for throwing"
- "The Democrats want my guns and the Republicans want my porno mags and I ain't giving up either"
- "The girls always like that one"
-When they play "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" at concerts
- "We played to an audience of five, but that's only if you include the bartender's dog."
- On the Ramones first performance at CBGB's
- "I'd just like to say this gig sucks!"
-Said at an audience at a gig when he appeared in the Simpsons.
- "We always stayed true to what the Ramones are."
- "We play so loud, all our other amps couldn't take it, but we got new ones and they...they really..uuh... they... work! You know, I mean- like- we can really... push 'em... I mean, we could blow this whole place up if we wanted to, it would set up everything...Ha ha!
- "Tommy was simply at the right place at the right time".
- "Well I guess it was a miserable... uh... life. It's not easy being in a rock and roll band."
- "You know, I liked to go out and spend a lot of money, like an outlaw. I could go out and buy a guchi watch, you know, like 'What time is it?', It's guchi time! I know what that means, it's about rising above oppression, you know I'm a negro too. I don't know what all the fuss was about, the album wasn't that great anyway. You know, I can't rap- I'm not a negro."
- "C.J. was credited for keeping the band young".
- "John went and moved to Florida to go to college. And because he went to college before I did, we threw him a big farewell party for him. A week later I go outside my apartment, and there's John. I said 'What are you doing?'. He says 'I didn't like it down there'."
- "Hey, I think they liked us!"
-Said to C.J., Johnny, and Joey during a gig when he appeared in the Simpsons.
- "I was at this club with my friend, and he said 'You gotta see this band!'. And then the Ramones came out, and I basically said 'Shit! I wish I was in that band.'."
- "I never co-wrote with any of them, I wrote all my songs on my own."
- "Just being a Ramone and blessed with the opportunity, is fucking huge. A Ramones fan is somewhat of a special breed. You can never fool them into believing something that is not true. They are way too smart for that."
- "Go to Hell, you old bastard!"
-Said to Mr. Burns when he appeared on the Simpsons.
- "Joey was the hippie of the group."
Add more quotes and more sub-headings?
Should the Ramones wikiquote page be expanded with more quotes?
Quotes by Ramones
Quotes about Ramones
Should this discussion page include more unsourced Ramones quotes, should there be two subheadings called "More song lyrics" and "More quotes by Ramones"?