Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Ramones.
- "Punk is right wing!"
- "Radio is like television all they want to do is push crap on the public"
- "It really worked when he got to a slower song like 'Danny Says' the production really worked tremendously. 'Rock 'N' Roll Radio' is really good. For the harder stuff, it didn't work as well."
-On working with Phil Spector for the album End of the Century.
- "Hey, up yours, Springfield!"
-Said to an audience when he appeared in the Simpsons.
- "I think Ronald Reagan was the best President of my lifetime."
- "God bless President Bush, and God bless America."
- "I enjoyed my life when I had nothing... and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me."
- "Grass is for smoking not for throwing"
- "The Democrats want my guns and the Republicans want my porno mags and I ain't giving up either"
- "The girls always like that one"
-When they play "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" at concerts
- "We played to an audience of five, but that's only if you include the bartender's dog."
- On the Ramones first performance at CBGB's
- "I'd just like to say this gig sucks!"
-Said at an audience at a gig when he appeared in the Simpsons.
Dee Dee Ramone
- "We play so loud, all our other amps couldn't ake it, but we got new ones and they...they really..uuh... they... work! You know, I mean- like- we can really... push 'em... I mean, we could blow this whole place up if we wanted to, it would set up everything...Ha ha!
- "Tommy was simply at the right place at the right time".
- "Well I guess it was a miserable... uh... life. It's not easy being in a rock and roll band."
- "You know, I liked to go out and spend a lot of money, like an outlaw. I could go out and buy a guchi watch, you know, like 'What time is it?', It's guchi time! I know what that means, it's about rising above oppression, you know I'm a negro too. I don't know what all the fuss was about, the album wasn't that great anyway. You know, I can't rap- I'm not a negro."
- "Go to Hell, you old bastard!"
-Said to Mr. Burns when he appeared on the Simpsons.
- "Joey was the hippie of the group."
- "Hey, I think they liked us!"
-Said to C.J., Johnny, and Joey during a gig when he appeared in the Simpsons.
- "I was at this club with my friend, and he said 'You gotta see this band!'. And then the Ramones came out, and I basically said 'Shit! I wish I was in that band.'."
- "C.J. was credited for keeping the band young".
- "John went and moved to Florida to go to college. And because he went to college before I did, we threw him a big farewell party for him. A week later I go outside my apartment, and there's John. I said 'What are you doing?'. He says 'I didn't like it down there'."