Talk:William H. Macy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Reliable sources should be provided for these, or they will be removed to the Discussion page.
- I was a dog in past life. Really. I'll be walking down the street and dogs will do a sort of double take. Like, hey, I know him.
- I do them all for the money, I really do.
- I think I've been in situations where they looked at me and just see some rich white guy - they don't see me at all.
- I'm a firm believer that character is highly overrated. Character is a trick that we do with the audience's collusion.
- If I like the story and it's well written, and it's a character I want to play and they'll pay me, then I decide to do it.
- Nobody became an actor because he had a good childhood.
- The bar raises as you go.
- The Spirit Awards are great too, they'll say anything because they're not televised. Another great drinking night.
- Oh yeah, that's the Holy Grail, Pirates of the Caribbean. Johnny Depp, he's the real deal, isn't he? He doesn't get the girl, and he doesn't care.
- Directors work 10 times harder than anyone else. Get paid a quarter.
- I got an agent. He said, "What do you wanna do?" And I said, "I want an Oscar nomination." That's your job, that's what I'm paying you for. And I got it.
- I'll tell you this about the Oscars - they're real.
- I'm not against watching myself, but I miss a lot of it. I've got two little kids who we don't let watch TV.
- I'm sure I have a process, but it mostly takes place in my dreams.
- 90% of the preparation we do as actors is just jive. It doesn't do anything.
- That red carpet has to be felt to be believed.
- The only people who do plays in LA are people who can't get jobs in TV shows.
- We thought sex was free. Sex is not free. There's a price to be paid emotionally, physically, even legally. Sex isn't a casual thing. It's a huge thing.
- Everyone hooks up with George Clooney. He's a genuinely cool guy. He's using his powers for good.
- I have a tendency to say yes to a script or no to a script. Not yes based on a rewrite.
- I think theater is powerful. The best experiences I had in the theater are more powerful than the best experiences I had in movies.
- I'm really proud of the writing on Door to Door, and I think that's the Emmy that meant the most - the writing.
- It started with the Godfather, this operatic violence. I don't know.