(Redirected from Terminator: Salvation)
Terminator Salvation is the fourth movie in the Terminator series. It focuses on the future war between humanity and machines, abandoning the series' forumla of a protector and a Terminator sent back through time to kill John Connor.
- Directed by McG. Written by John Brancato and Michael Ferris. Characters by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd.
- (To Marcus Wright) You and me, we've been at war since before either of us existed. You tried to kill my mother, Sarah Connor. You killed my father, Kyle Reese. You will not kill me.
- (To General Ashdown, on the eve of the Resistance's offensive against Skynet) If we stay the course, we are dead! We are all dead!
- This is not the future my mother warned me about.
- (Ending a radio broadcast) This is John Connor. If you are listening to this message, you are the Resistance.
- We've been fighting a long time. We're outnumbered by machines.
- (After Kate asks what she should say if his men find him gone) I'll be back.
- Win or lose, the war ends tonight!
- (last lines of the film) There is a storm on the horizon. A time of hardship and pain. The battle has been won, but the war against machines rages on. Skynet's global network remains strong, but we will not quit, until all of it is destroyed. This is John Connor. There is no fate but what we make.
- (After kissing a cancer striken scientist, prior to his execution) So that's what death tastes like.
- (To Kyle Reese) You point that gun at someone you better be ready to pull the trigger.
- (To John Connor) I'm the only hope you have.
- (On becoming a machine) I need to find who did this to me. And so did you.
- (As Marcus gives his heart to John Connor) What is it that makes us human? It's not something you can program. You can't put it into a chip. It's the strength of the human heart. The difference between us and machines.
- You want to know the difference between us and the machines? We bury our dead. But no one is coming to bury you.
- Serena Kogen: You're doing something very noble, Marcus.
- Marcus Wright: No, I'm guilty. Just cut me up until there's nothing left.
- Kyle Reese: Who are you?!
- John Connor: John Connor!
- Marcus Wright: What day is it? What year?
- Kyle Reese: 2018.
- Marcus Wright: What happened here?
- Kyle Reese: Judgement Day happened.
- Marcus Wright: (looks at Kyle eating) What is that?
- Kyle Reese: Two day old coyote. Better than three day old coyote.
- Marcus Wright: My name, is Marcus Wright.
- John Connor: You think you're human?
- Marcus Wright: I am human. (looks down, and sees his metal endoskeleton) NO!
- John Connor: What are you?
- Marcus Wright: I don't know.
- (John is going to San Francisco, the Skynet headquarters for the United States, to look for the teenage version of his father, Kyle Reese)
- Kate Connor: What should I tell your men when they realize you're gone?
- John Connor: I'll be back.
- Marcus Wright: (thinking) What is it that makes us human? It's not something you can program. You can't put it into a chip. It's the strength of the human heart. The difference between us and machines.
- John Connor: (pause and than continues thinking) There is a storm on the horizon. A time of hardship and pain. This battle has been won, but the war against the machines races on. Skynet's global network remains strong, but we will not quit, until all of it is destroyed. This is John Connor. There is no fate, but what we make.
- Marcus Wright: Let me down.
- John Connor: If I let you down, you'll kill everyone in this room.
- Marcus Wright: Just you, Connor.
- Skynet: Welcome home, Marcus. We knew you'd be back. After all, it was programmed in you. Oh, and you executed that programming beautifully!
- Marcus Wright: What am I?
- Skynet: You are an infiltration prototype. The only one of your kind. We resurrected you. Advanced Cyberdyne's work. Amended it.
- Marcus Wright: (referring to Serena Kogen's image) You're dead.
- Skynet: Calculations confirm Serena Kogen's appearance is easiest to process for you (changes to Kyle Reese and then John Connor) We can be others if you wish. Marcus, what else could you be, if not machine? (changes back to Serena)
- Marcus Wright: A man.
- Skynet: The human condition no longer applies to you. Accept what you already know. That you were made to serve a purpose. To achieve what no other machine has achieved before. To infiltrate, find a target and bring that target back home to us. (Serena's image grins as Marcus realises what he has done)
- Skynet: In times of desperation, people will believe what they want to believe. And so, we gave them what they wanted to believe. A trick, in the form of a signal the Resistance thought would end the war. And they were right: it will end the war. Except that it is the Resistance that will be terminated, not Skynet.
- Skynet: Our best machines have failed time and again to complete a misson. Something was missing. We had to think radically. And so we made you. We created the perfect infiltration machine. You, Marcus, you did what Skynet has failed to do for so many years. You killed John Connor!
- Skynet: Don't fight, Marcus. Remember what you are.
- Marcus Wright: I know who I am. (pulls the chip from his head and crushes it) I'm better this way.
- Skynet: You will not be given a second chance. You cannot save John Connor.
- Marcus Wright: Watch me!
- The end begins
- On May 21st, we fight back
- Forget the past