The Cat Returns
The Cat Returns is a 2002 Japanese film. It is a modern fairytale about a clumsy girl called Haru who saves the life of the Cat Prince. As a reward she is taken to the Kingdom of the Cats where she reluctantly begins to transform into a cat. As this happens the King attempts to force Haru to marry the Prince whom she saved. Using her newfound friends Toto, The Baron and Muta she has to leave before she turns fully into a cat.
- [After the sun sets on the town, making the windows turn gold] That's enough, Baron! Turn it off. No one's impressed with your cheesy light show, okay?
- I respect a woman who stands up for herself. Even if she does like to stick her nose in other people's business.
- From now on... you're not allowed to make anymore... [starts falling] fat jokes!
- [To Baron, about Haru] Alright, alright. I'll watch the little baby.
- What? MOO?!? Are you saying that I'm a fat cow?
- Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul.
- (After seeing Haru kidnapped by the cats) Better skip the tea.
- Your majesty, I promise that I will make the young lady smile.
- [After Haru admits she has a crush on the Baron] Just for the record, I admire a woman who speaks from the heart.
- Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear.
- If you find yourself troubled by something mysterious or a problem that's hard to solve, there's a place you can go where you always find help. You just need to look for it.
- I am Baron Humbert von Gikkingen, and I have come for Haru.
- Muta: I respect a woman who stands up for herself. Even if she does like to stick her nose in other people's business. So, I, Renaldo Moon, will defend her.
- Cat Guard #1: Renaldo?!
- Cat Guard #2: Renaldo Moon?
- Cat Guard #3: The Renaldo Moon?
- Natori(Vizier): So, THAT'S who he is!
- The King: Who?
- Natori(Vizier): Your Majesty, how could you have forgotten?! He's such a notorious criminal; his story is written on our walls! Years back, an enormous white cat appeared out of nowhere, devoured all the fish in the lake, and then ran off. He called himself Renaldo Moon.
- Cat Guard #4: Years back?!
- Cat Guard #5: I don't believe it.
- Cat Guard #4: What a monster!
- Baron: Did you really do that, Muta? That's disgusting.
- Muta: [chuckles] And this time, I'll eat the entire CASTLE!
- Haru: Hey, mom? Do you think cats can talk?
- Haru's mother: Sure, why not?
- Natoru(Cat messenger): What?! But how can that be? The whole kingdom is working to make you happy! And we all agreed that the gifts were just fabulous.
- Haru: Don't you cats know anything? I hate mice, I don't eat them! I'm allergic to cat-tails, and catnip does nothing for me!
- Haru: Thank you for your help, Moo-ta. (gasps upon realizing what was just said aloud)
- Muta: What?! MOO?! Are you saying that I'm a fat cow?!
- Haru: No, it's just you're fat. Oh! Uh... [Toto chuckles at the scene]
- Toto: I like this girl more every minute.
- Muta: (stands up with a huff) I'M OUTTA HERE!
- Baron: That's too bad, because I was just going to get out some Angel Food cake I have in the cupboard.
- Muta: Where in the Cupboard? (goes toward the cupboard)
- Baron: (follows after Muta to help him get out the cake) Uh, it's in the upper right shelf.
- Muta: (opens the cupboard) Why didn't you say so?
- Natori(Vizier): Oh, no. You hit one of ours.
- The King: I did?
- Natori(Vizier): Good heavens, Your Majesty! How could you?
- The King: Let's keep that between us.
- The King: I'll change you back if you marry me.
- Haru: (gets angry) I've had just about enough of you! Nobody decides who I am, but me, and there's no way on earth I will EVER marry you!!
- The King: (shocked by Haru's answer) Was that a no?