The Fast and the Furious (2001 film)
The Fast and The Furious is a 2001 American action film about illegal street racing in Los Angeles, California. It stars Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner, Vin Diesel as Domenic Toretto, Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz, Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto, and Rick Yune as Johnny Tran.
- Directed by Rob Cohen. Written by Gary Scott Thompson, Eric Bergquist, and David Ayer.
- [To Dom, about Vince] Hey, man. He was in my face.
- [proposing his race terms to Dom] He knows I can box! So check it out, it's like this: If I lose, winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect!
- I owe you a 10-second car. [gives Dom the keys to his car.]
- [when his Eclipse spirals out of control while test driving it] SHIT!!
- [After Brian loses his Eclipse] You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! [crowd heckles] Granny shiftin', not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me? Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried! Ask any racer, any real racer; It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.
- [After Brian talks about plans to date Mia] You break her heart, I'll break your neck.
- [Talking to Brian at Dom's garage] I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
- [To Vince, after pulling him away from Brian] Relax! Don't push it! You embarrass me!
- I used to drag here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter-mile away from here. On green, I'm going for it.
- [when being pulled away by security after punching Johnny Tran] I never narc'd on nobody!! I NEVER NARC'D ON NOBODY!!!!!
- [looks at women hitting on Dom] I smell [sniffs] skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?
- [Brian enters the Toretto grocery]
- Mia: Tuna on white. No crust, right?
- Brian: I don't know. How is it?
- Mia: Everyday for the last three weeks, you've been coming in here and you've been asking me how the tuna is. Now, it was crappy yesterday, it was crappy the day before and guess what? It hasn't changed.
- Brian: I'll have the tuna.
- Mia: No crust?
- Brian: No crust.
- Vince: Yo! Try Fatburger from now on! You can get yourself a Double Cheese with fries for $2.95, faggot!
- Brian: I like the tuna here.
- Vince: Bullshit, asshole. No one likes the tuna here!
- Brian: Yeah, well I do.
- [Vince shoves Brian against his truck, triggering a brawl between the two.]
- [Dom breaks up the brawl between Brian and Vince.]
- Brian: Hey, man. He was in my face.
- Dominic Toretto: I'm in your face.
- [Vince charges at Brian, but Leon and Jesse restrain him.]
- Dom: Relax! Don't push it! You embarrass me!
- [Leon pushes Vince back to his car.]
- Leon: Get over there!
- Dom: Jesse, give me the wallet.
- [Jesse picks up Brian's wallet from the ground and hands it to Dom. Dom reads Brian's faux driver's license.]
- Dom: "Brian Earl Spilner." Sounds like a serial killer name. Is that what you are?
- Brian: No, man.
- Dom: Don't come around here again.
- [Dom hands Brian his wallet and walks back to his grocery shop.]
- Brian: Hey, man, you know, this is bullshit!
- [Dom turns around and points at Brian's work truck.]
- Dom: You work for Harry, right?
- Brian: Yeah, I just started.
- Dom: You were just fired.
- [Edwin calls Monica on her offer to have her whether he wins or loses the first race]
- Edwin: Hey, hey, Monica! What's up baby-
- Monica: [brushes him off] What's yo' problem nigga, you didn't win! [fellow drivers heckle him]
- Edwin: Fuck you, then!
- Brian: Man, you should be going to MIT or something?
- Jesse: Yeah right... I got that what is it called...that attention disorder...
- Brian: ADD?
- Jesse: Yes... that... shit, anyway there is something about engines that calms me down, you know?
- Mia: Vince, what was that restaurant you wanted to take me to with the little...
- Vince: The little red candles?
- Mia: Yeah that place...what was it called?
- Vince: Cha Cha Cha...
- Mia: Yeah [turns to Brian] Well you can take me there.
- Mia: Dom is like gravity, everything just got pulled to him...even you.
- Brian: No. The only thing that pulled me in is you, being friends with your brother is just a bonus.
- Mia: Well that's nice, it's nice to come first once in a while.
- [Before the police arrive, Brian hands Dom the keys to his Supra.]
- Dom: You know what you're doin'?
- Brian: I owe you a ten-second car.
brain: dude I almost had you Dom: you never had me
''''''Bold text'''Bold text'''Bold text''''Bold text'''Bold text'Italic text'Italic text''''''''''''''''==Cast==
- Paul Walker – Brian O'Conner/Brian Earl Spilner, an undercover LAPD officer sent to investigate Dominic Toretto after a series of cargo truck hijackings started up.
- Vin Diesel – Dominic Toretto, an LA street racer who is on somewhat friendly terms with Brian after he promises not to do anything overly stupid to Mia.
- Michelle Rodriguez – Letty Ortiz, Dom's girlfriend, who doesn't tolerate women who hit on Dom.
- Jordana Brewster – Mia Toretto, Dom's younger sister, whom Brian has fallen head-over-heels for after meeting her.
- Rick Yune – Johnny Tran, another LA street racer who has a grudge against Dom.