The Great Invocation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Great Invocation
- From the point of Light within the Mind of God
- Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
- Let Light descend on Earth.
- From the point of Love within the Heart of God
- Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
- May Christ return to Earth.
- From the centre where the Will of God is known
- Let purpose guide the little wills of men –
- The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
- From the centre which we call the race of men
- Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
- And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
- Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
- When you say the first line: “From the point of Light . . . ,” visualize (or think of, if you cannot visualize) the Buddha...hand raised in blessing...see emanating from...Buddha, a brilliant golden light...[streaming into] the minds of men everywhere.
- When you say...“Let Light descend on Earth,” visualize the physical sun... see emanating from it beams of white light... [entering & saturating] the Earth.
- When you say: “From the point of Love . . . ,” visualize the Christ (the Embodiment of Love)...standing, arms raised in blessing, and see emanating from the heart... [and] hands of the Christ... brilliant rose coloured light (not red)... entering the hearts of men everywhere.
- When you say... “May Christ return to Earth,” remember that this refers to the Hierarchy as a whole...not only to the Christ. He is the heart centre of the Hierarchy, and although He is now among us, the remainder of the Hierarchy (that part of it which will externalize slowly over the years) still must be invoked...the magnetic conduit for Their descent must be maintained.
- When you say: “From the centre where the Will of God is known . . . ,” (which is Shamballa)...Visualize beams of light streaming from this brilliant sphere, entering the world, galvanizing mankind into spiritual action.
- Do this with focused thought and intention, your attention fixed on the ajna centre...There is nothing better you can do for the world or yourselves than to channel these great spiritual potencies.
Quotes about The Great Invocation
- This Great Invocation used by the Christ for the first time in June 1945, was released by Him to humanity to enable man himself to invoke the energies which would change our world, and make possible the return of the Christ and Hierarchy. This is not the form of it used by the Christ. He uses an ancient formula, seven mystic phrases long, in an ancient sacerdotal tongue. It has been translated (by Hierarchy) into terms which we can use and understand and, translated into many languages, is used today in almost every country in the world.
- Potent as it is, it can be made even more so if used in triangular formation. If you wish to work in this way, arrange with two friends to use the Invocation, aloud, daily. You need not be in the same town, or country, or say it at the same time of day. Simply say it when convenient for each one, and, linking up mentally with the two other members, visualize a triangle of white light circulating above your heads and see it linked to a network of such triangles, covering the world.
- This invocation is a mantram for "Light and Power" and presents what may be considered a blueprint of the Divine Plan as the Plan is intended to express itself on Earth through the medium of the human race. The Tibetan Teacher and Master of the Wisdom, Djwhal Khul, labored most meticulously with Alice A. Bailey, his amanuensis, to ensure that this ancient Word of power was translated with great exactitude into the English language.
Today, this mantram is known all over the world as "The Great Invocation"; it has been translated into over a hundred languages and is used on a daily basis by millions of human beings. Every year, World Invocation Day is dedicated to the ceaseless sounding of The Great Invocation - in almost every country of the world.
- Michael D. Robbins, Ph.D Seven Ray Institute
- At this time, the Great Invocation is the greatest aid to humanity. The fulcrum, the axis of the Great Invocation, is Christ - the reappearance of the great Lord, [the] Christ...a living individual...Mantrams are like chemical or geometrical formulas; changing one word gives the mantram an entirely different result, or makes it misleading, dangerous or useless. Mantrams are transmitters of energy. When the transmitter is not constructed in a particular order, the energies can be destructive or negative, creating confusion and chaos in the subtle planes of human endeavor. Many mental disorders are the result of a misuse of prayers, mantrams and chanting. Let us not forget that the Hierarchy uses the Great Invocation in its original form every day....Those who, with good intentions, want to change the Great Invocation, would do better to create a totally different invocation of their own - instead of distorting a masterpiece painting with their unskilled brush.
- Torkom Saraydarian in "Triangles of Fire" quoted by the TSG Foundation
- The Great Invocation — An ancient formula, translated by Hierarchy for the use of mankind to invoke the energies which will change our world. Translated into many languages, it is used daily by millions of people.
- Share International Glossary of Esoteric Terms
- The Great Invocation Lucis Trust