The Jungle Book (2016 film)
The Jungle Book is a 2016 American fantasy adventure film about an orphaned human boy who, guided by his animal guardians, sets out on a journey of self-discovery while evading the threatening Shere Khan.
- Directed by Jon Favreau. Written by Justin Marks, based on Rudyard Kipling's eponymous collective works and inspired by Walt Disney's 1967 animated film of the same name.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [to Shere Khan] I am Mowgli of the Seoni, and this is my home!
- [to Shere Khan] I'm not afraid of you! Do you hear me?! I'm done running from you!
- Relax, kid.. no need to get worked up, OK?
- You have never been a more endangered species than you are at this moment.
- [To Bagheera] If you send him back to the Man-Village, they'll ruin him. They'll make a man out of him!
- If anything happens to that kid, I'll never forgive myself.
- I can't help but notice there's this strange odor today. What is it? This scent that I'm on. It almost.. I was thinking it was some kind of... mancub.
- Mowgli? They've given it a name. When was it we came to adopt Man into the jungle?
- Does my face not remind you what a GROWN man can do? Shift your hunting ground for a few years and everyone forgets how the law works... well, let me remind you - a mancub becomes Man, and Man is forbidden!
- I think they like me.
- So, the Man Cub left the jungle. [Akela: Yes. And, you and I no longer have a quarrel. And, most importantly, we have peace.] Well I guess it's done then... unless I can draw him BACK OUT! [crushes Akela's neck with his teeth and throw his body off the cliff]
- Have I got your attention now?! I didn't want it to be this way; I made it so simple. All I asked was one thing, and YOU DENIED me! Well, that ends now. Spread the word! Until I have the mancub, these hills are my hills. You did not respond to reason! So now you will know fear!
- [while talking to the wolf cubs] The one you really have to look out for is the cuckoo bird. Do you know how the cuckoo bird survives? By preying on a mother's weakness. The cuckoo bird is much too clever to raise its own young. Instead, it lays its eggs in another bird's nest. The mother bird is fooled, and it cares for the new chick. But do you know what happens to her own chicks? They starve and die from neglect. [turns toward Raksha] All because a mother loved a chick that wasn't even her own.
- You fools! Fine! Rise up, all of you! You want to put yourselves between me and the man-cub?! I will have you ALL IN MY TEETH!
- [about to kill Bagheera after defeating him in fight] It's time we put an end to this!
- [last words before his death] Did you think I would let you grow old? [realizes that the branch he's standing on is about to crack] Either I'll devour you or the Red Flower will. It's just a matter of time. How long did you really think you'd survive against me? Longer than your father did? Longer than... Akela?
- [from trailer] Are you alone out here? What are you doing so deep in the jungle? Don't you know what you are? I know what you are. I know where you came from. Poor, sweet little cub. I'll keep you close. Let go of your fear now... and trust... in me.
- Mostly, men stay in their village, far from the dark of the jungle. But sometimes, they travel. And when they do, their caves breathe in the dark. They call it... the Red Flower. Man's creation. It brings warmth and light and destruction to all that it touches.
- Kid, I got ears. My ears got ears. Only I can protect you.
- Just one thing we need to reach our full potential. Bring me that Red Flower, and we will rule this jungle. I will protect you, and you will want for nothing ever again.
- Where are you going, man-cub?
- [to the Monkeys] Seize him!
- [first lines] My leaf. This is mine. Mine, mine, mine. There some other--There's a rock. That's mud. That's just mud. There's a rock. That's my rock. That's my rock. Nobody touches my rock. There's another rock. Two rocks. Three rocks. Peace Rock? Peace Rock! It's the Truce! The Water Truce! It's Water Truce!
- Oh, that's my stick.
- Seriously, that's my stick.
- No, that's my stick! Let go of my stick. It's A WATER TRUCE! [Ikki's quills poked Mowgli's leg] Sorry. My bad. It's involuntary. I could pee on it.
- [last words] Keep it dry, keep it dry, keep it dry. These quills get stuck on everything.
- [first lines]
- Bagheera: [narrates] Many strange tales are told of this jungle, but none so strange as the tale of the cub we call Mowgli.
- Shere Khan: I can't help but notice there's this strange odor today... What is it, this scent that I'm on? I was thinking some kind of man-cub. [spots Mowgli]
- Akela: Mowgli belongs to my pack, Shere Khan.
- Shere Khan: Mowgli... They've given it a name! When was it we come to adopt man to the jungle?
- Akela: He's just a cub.
- Shere Khan: [shows his scars] Does my face not remind you of what GROWN man can do? You change your hunting grounds for a few years, and everyone forgets how the law works. Well, let me remind you: a man-cub becomes man, and man is FORBIDDEN!!!
- Mowgli: It's a honey stash for winter.
- Bagheera: Have you lost your mind?!
- Mowgli: You said you wouldn't get mad.
- Bagheera: Did you listen to anything Akela taught you? There's no place in the jungle for these... tricks! You wanna do this, you do this in the man-village.
- Mowgli: But I'm helping Baloo get ready for hibernation.
- Bagheera: Bears don't hibernate in the jungle. [to Baloo] What are you teaching him?
- Baloo: Not full hibernation, but I nap, a lot.
- Bagheera: Listen to me, you con artist! He may not know your game, but I do. He's leaving now.
- Mowgli: But I don't wanna leave!
- Bagheera: You don't have a choice!
- Baloo: Why don't we all just settle down for a minute? Look, it's gotten late. Too late to travel, so why don't we all just have a little honey...?
- Bagheera: I don't eat honey.
- Baloo: No problem. I'll eat the honey. Let's all get a good night's sleep, and we can talk about this in the morning.
- Bagheera: Fine, but we're leaving first thing.
- Bill Murray as Baloo
- Ben Kingsley as Bagheera
- Idris Elba as Shere Khan
- Lupita Nyong'o as Raksha
- Scarlett Johansson as Kaa
- Giancarlo Esposito as Akela
- Christopher Walken as King Louie
- Garry Shandling as Ikki
- Brighton Rose as Grey Brother
- Jon Favreau as Pygmy Hog
- Sam Raimi as Indian Giant Squirrel
- Russell Peters as Rocky the Rhino
- Madeleine Favreau as Raquel the Rhino
- Sara Arrington as Nelgai
- Frank Welker as Monkeys