The Walking Dead (season 2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of quotes from the second season The Walking Dead.
- 1 What Lies Ahead [2.01]
- 2 Bloodletting[2.02]
- 3 Save the Last One [2.03]
- 4 Cherokee Rose [2.04]
- 5 Chupacabra [2.05]
- 6 Secrets [2.06]
- 7 Pretty Much Dead Already [2.07]
- 8 Nebraska [2.08]
- 9 Triggerfinger [2.09]
- 10 18 Miles Out [2.10]
- 11 Judge, Jury, Executioner [2.11]
- 12 Better Angels [2.12]
- 13 Beside the Dying Fire [2.13]
What Lies Ahead [2.01]
- Andrea: [to Dale] All I wanted after my sister died was to get out of this endless horrific nightmare we live every day. I wasn't hurting anyone else. You took my choice away, Dale. And you expect gratitude? I don't know what to say. I'm not your little girl. I'm not your wife. And I am sure as hell not your problem.
- Carol Peletier: [praying] Father, forgive me. I don't deserve your mercy. I prayed for safe passage from Atlanta and you provided. I prayed for Ed to be punished for laying his hands on me and for looking at his own daughter with whatever sickness was growing in his soul. I prayed you'd put a stop to it, give me a chance to raise her right, help her not make my mistakes. She's so fearful. She's so young in her way. She hasn't had a chance. Praying for Ed's death was a sin. Please, don't let this be my punishment. Let her be safe, alive and safe. Please, lord. Punish me however you want, but show mercy on her.
- Dale Horvath: Listen, your veins are very discolored. You got a hell of an infection there. You could die from blood poisoning.
- T-Dog: [laughs] Oh, man. Wouldn't that be the way? World gone to hell, the dead risen up to eat the living and Theodore Douglas is done here by a cut on his arm. [laughs harder]
- Otis: I ain't gonna sit here while this fella takes this on alone.
- T-Dog: What are you, 70?
- Dale Horvath: 64.
- T-Dog: Uh-huh. And I'm the one black guy. Realize how precarious that makes my situation?
Save the Last One [2.03]
- Lori Grimes: Maybe this isn't a world for children anymore.
- [Daryl finds a walker hanging by a rope and reads off a note on the tree]
- Daryl Dixon: "Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit". Dumbass didn't know enough to shoot himself in the head. Turns himself in a swinging piece of bait. And a mess.
- Daryl Dixon: Look at him. Hanging up there like a big piñata. The other geeks came and ate all the flesh off his legs.
- Andrea: I thought we were changing the subject.
- Daryl Dixon: Call that payback for laughing about my itchy ass.
Cherokee Rose [2.04]
- Rick Grimes: Last time I asked God for a favor and stopped to admire a view, my son got shot. I try not to mix it up with the almighty anymore.
- Hershel Greene: [to Rick] My father didn't bother with comforting lies. He used his fist. He was a loveless, violent drunk and no good to anybody. He drove me from home when I was 15. Didn't lay eyes on this place again for many years. I was not at his deathbed, Rick. I would not grant him that and to this day do not regret it. Some men do not earn the love of their sons. I don't see you having that problem.
- Daryl Dixon: [to Carol] It's a Cherokee Rose. The story is that when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land on the Trail of Tears, the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much 'cause they were losing their little ones along the way from exposure and disease and starvation. A lot of them just disappeared. So the elders, they said a prayer; asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give them strength and hope. The next day this rose started to grow where the mothers' tears fell. I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers blooming for my brother. But I believe this one bloomed for your little girl.
- Maggie Greene: [to Glenn] I`ll have sex with you.
- Jimmy: I want a gun.
- Daryl Dixon: And people in hell want Slurpees.
- Merle Dixon Hallucination: [to Daryl] You're a joke is what you are, playing errand boy to a bunch of pansy-asses, niggers and democrats. You're nothing but a freak to them. Redneck trash. That's all you are. They're laughing at you behind your back. You know that, don't you? I got a little news for you, son. One day they gonna scrape you off their heels like you was dogshit. Hey. They ain't your kin, your blood. Hell, you had any damn nuts in that sack of yours, you'd got back there and shoot your pal Rick in the face for me. Now you listen to me. Ain't nobody ever gonna care about you except me, little brother. Nobody ever will. Come on. Get up on your feet, before I'm gonna have to kick your teeth in. Let's go.
- Glenn Rhee: Dale, you think Andrea's on her period? I'm only asking 'cause it's like all the women are acting really weird. And I read somewhere that when women spend a lot of time together, their cycles line up and they all get super crazy hormonal at the same time.
- Dale Horvath: I'm gonna advise you to keep that theory to yourself.
- Daryl Dixon: [to Andrea] Shoot me again? You best pray I'm dead.
- Dale Horvath: [referring to Otis] You've been vague about that night about what happened.
- Shane Walsh: Otis died a hero.
- Dale Horvath: So you've said.
- Shane Walsh: A little boy lived because of what went down that night. I think you oughta show some gratitude.
- Dale Horvath: I wasn't there.
- Shane Walsh: No man, you weren't.
- Dale Horvath: But I was the time you raised your gun on Rick. You had him in your sights... and you held him there. I know what kind of man you are.
- Shane Walsh: You think I'd shoot Rick? That is my best friend. That's the man that I love, I love him like he's my brother. You think that's the kind of man I am?
- Dale Horvath: That's right.
- Shane Walsh: [menacingly] Well maybe we oughta just think that through. See, if I'm the kind of man that would gun down his own best friend, what'd you think I do to some guy I don't even like when he starts throwing accusations my way. What'd you think?
Pretty Much Dead Already [2.07]
- Shane Walsh: Hell, when you really look at it in the cold light of day, you're pretty much dead already.
- Shane Walsh: These things ain't sick! They're not people! THEY'RE DEAD!! All they do, THEY KILL!! These things right here! they're the things that killed Amy! They killed Otis!! They're gonna kill all of us.
- Rick Grimes: Shane, STOP!!
- Shane Walsh: Hey, Hershel. Man, let me ask you something. could a living, breathing person, could they walk away from this?
- [Shoots a walker 3 times]
- Rick Grimes: STOP IT!!
- Shane Walsh: That's 3 rounds in the chest. Someone who's a alive, could they just take that?!! Why is it still coming?!!
- [Shoots a walker twice]
- Shane Walsh: That's its heart, its lungs!! Why is it still coming?!!
- [Shoots a walker 3 times]
- Rick Grimes: Shane, enough!!
- Shane Walsh: Yeah, you're right, man. That is enough.
- [Walks toward the walker and shoots it in the head]
- Shane Walsh: Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's GONE!!! Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us!! Enough! Rick, it ain't like it was before!! Now, if y'all wanna live, if y'all wanna survive, you gotta fight for it!! I'm talking about fighting, right here!! Right now!!
- Hershel Greene: [to Rick] You people are like a plague! I do the Christian thing, give you shelter, and you destroy it all!
- Dave: [to Rick] You don't know what we've had to go through out there, the things we've had to do. I bet you've had to do some of those same things yourself. Am I right? 'Cause ain't nobody's hands clean in what's left of this world.
- Hershel Greene: You want me to cover Glenn?
- Rick Grimes': You missed all that gun training. It could've come in handy now.
- Hershel Greene: Nah, I can shoot. Just don't like to.
- Maggie Greene: What's going on with you?
- Glenn Rhee: Your dad saved my life today. And Rick saved us both. And I - I froze.
- Maggie Greene: Well, you were being shot at.
- Glenn Rhee: No, that...
- Maggie Greene: You don't have anything to prove.
- Glenn Rhee: All I've done - and then this. Okay? It's because of what you said.
- Maggie Greene: That I love you?
- Glenn Rhee: Yeah. A bullet hit the wall behind me and I - I thought of you - losing me, hurting. And I couldn't take it, so I hid to stay alive.
- Maggie Greene: [Reaching out to embrace him] Glenn...
- Glenn Rhee: [Backs away from her] No, no, no. No, you don't get it. Rick, your dad - they were counting on me and I - I only thought of myself.
18 Miles Out [2.10]
- Shane Walsh: He knows where the farm is, Rick. Where we are-- he knows. Say he finds his way back to his people... (pulls out his glock)
- Rick Grimes: Shane, no! [pushes him] Not now. Just not now!
- Shane Walsh: Well, when, Rick? When?
- Rick Grimes: When I've had a chance to think about it.
- Randall: Don't let him kill me. Please don't.
- Rick: Shut up! We're going back. It's a man's life. I need a night to think it through.
- Shane Walsh: You're gonna bring this piece of garbage... this piece of garbage who - he shot at you, Rick. He ran with men who tried to kill you. You gonna bring him back to where Lori sleeps? To where Carl sleeps?
- Rick Grimes: He'll be locked up in the barn, unless you bust it open.
- Shane Walsh: Oh, don't start that shit.
- Rick Grimes: I'm taking the night.
- Shane Walsh: Man, you take that... you think on it, Rick. Keep struggling with it. It ain't hard, man. The right choice is the one that keeps us alive. It's always the same with you. It's like the first moment - it's whenever you're put to the test.
- Rick Grimes: Stop acting like you know the way ahead, like you know the rules. There are no rules, man. We're lost.
- Shane Walsh: No-no-no, man. I know exactly where I am.
- Rick Grimes: You don't know shit anymore.
- Shane Walsh: I don't think you can do it, Rick.
- Rick Grimes: It's my call, man.
- Shane Walsh: I don't think you can keep them safe.
- Shane Walsh: Rick, you can't just be the good guy and expect to live. Okay? Not anymore.
- Rick Grimes: I'm not the good guy anymore.
- Rick Grimes: You want to kill me, you're going to have to do better than that wrench.
- Andrea: The pain doesn't go away. You just make room for it.
Judge, Jury, Executioner [2.11]
- Dale Horvath: The world that we knew is dead. And this new world is ugly.It's Harsh.It's-- it's survival of the fittest. And that's a world I don't wanna live in, and I don't-- And I don't believe that any of you do. I can't. Please. Let's just do what's right. Isn't there anybody else who's gonna stand with me?
- Carol Peletier: You know, we'll see Sophia again in heaven some day. She's in a better place.
- Carl Grimes: No, she's not. Heaven is just another lie, and if you believe it, you're an idiot.
- Carol Peletier: Everyone either avoids me or they treat me like I'm crazy. I lost my daughter. I didn't lose my mind!
- Daryl Dixon: [to a dying Dale] Sorry, brother.
Better Angels [2.12]
- Rick Grimes: Dale could... could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us... the truth... who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... our safety... our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on... we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale.
- Rick Grimes: What happened to Dale had nothing to do with you.
- Carl Grimes: He died, Dad.
- Rick Grimes: Yeah, feels like there's a lot of that going around. That's why I need you. No more kid stuff. I wish you could have the childhood I had, but that's not gonna happen. People are gonna die. I'm gonna die. Mom... There's no way you can ever be ready for it. I try to be, but I can't. Best we can do now is avoid it as long we can, keep one step ahead. I wish I had somethin' better to say - somethin' more profound. My father was good like that. But I'm tired, son.
- Shane Walsh: We tried to kill each other, man. What did you think, we gonna forget about it all, we're gonna ride off into the sunset together?
- Rick Grimes: You're gonna kill me in cold blood? Screw my wife? Have my children - my children - call you daddy? Is that what you want? That life won't be worth a damn. I know you. You won't be able to live with this.
- Shane Walsh: What you know about what I can live with? You got no idea what I can live with, what I live with!
- Rick Grimes': [last words spoken to Shane as he stabs him in the chest] You did this to us! This was you, not me! NOT ME!
Beside the Dying Fire [2.13]
- Hershel Greene: I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just assumed he had something a little different in mind.
- Rick Grimes: We're all infected.
- Daryl Dixon: What?
- Rick Grimes': At the C.D.C., Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it.
- Carol Peletier: And you never said anything?
- Rick Grimes': Would it have made a difference?
- Glenn Rhee: You knew this whole time?
- Rick Grimes': How could I have known for sure? You saw how crazy that mo-
- Glenn Rhee: That is not your call. Okay, when I found about the Walkers in the barn, I told, for the good of everyone.
- Rick Grimes: Well, I thought it best that people didn't know.
- Rick Grimes': [to Lori] I killed him. I killed Shane. He came at me. He killed Randall to get me in the woods. He planned it. I had - I had no choice. I gave him every chance... and he kept leading me further out. He pushed me, and I let him. After awhile, I knew - I knew what he was doing, what he was up to. And I kept going. I didn't stop. I could have, but... I just wanted it over. Dogging me every step of the way. Acting like I stole you and Carl, like... like I was in the way. I just wanted it over. I wanted him dead. I killed him. He turned. That's how I knew Jenner was right. Carl put him down.
- Maggie Greene: I'm not sitting here, waiting for another herd to blow through. We need to move, now.
- Rick Grimes': No one is going anywhere.
- Carol Peletier: Do something.
- Rick Grimes: I am doing something! I'm keeping this group together. Alive! I've been doing that all along, no matter what; I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people, for Christ sake! You saw how he was like. How he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us. He staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice! He was my friend, but he came after me. My hands are clean. Maybe you people are better off without me. Go ahead. I say there's a place for us, but maybe... maybe it's just another pipe dream. Maybe... Maybe I'm fooling myself again. Why don't... why don't you go out and find out yourself. Send me a postcard! Go on, there's the door. You can do better. Let's see how far you get. No takers? Fine. But get one thing straight. You're staying, this isn't a democracy anymore.